PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SD's Last 10 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, the chargers were seventh, and FIRST in points scored. being FIRST in points scored translates to more opportunities for opponents to score (more possessions by opposing teams). so therefore you can see that the points allowed statistic is skewed in inverted directions for these two teams.

the chargers, with more points scored, have an inflated points allowed statistic due to more opponent possessions.

the patriots, with 107 fewer points scored, have a deflated points allowed statistic due to fewer opponent possessions.

like i stated before, someone find the stat that shows the total # of opponent possessions and we can hash out which defense is statistically stronger.

My son's pop warner team could score on the cardinals, raiders, and chiefs

Brady's going up against his own front 7? :p
-------------------------

Little Tommy will eat grass on Sunday, Shawne and Shaun said.

Who's your left tackle again? LOL.

Read the following and ask yourself why would Merriman risk his reputation and career on such a mild enhancement and one that's hard to maintain?? Doesn't make sense. Anyway lets see what happens in the off season with regards to a lawsuit. Until then, innocent 'til proven guilty.

Urine analysis as a method of detecting nandrolone abuse has recently become somewhat controversial, following studies by the University of Aberdeen showing that the metabolite product can also show up in urine in quantities above the upper limit from a combination of high-protein diets utilising the legal nutritional supplement creatine and hard cardiovascular exercise. The reason for this unexpected result has not been determined. Another possible reason for a false positive result is the consumption of beef from cattle treated with steroids including nandrolone (used in overturning the verdict against the bobsleigh racer, Lenny Paul). Heavy consumption of the essential amino acid lysine (as indicated in the treatment of cold sores) has also shown false positives in some and was cited by American Shotputter C.J. Hunter as the reason for his positive test. As a result of the numerous overturned verdicts, the testing procedure was reviewed by UK Sport

For those of you looking to use nandrolone as your only steroid, be aware that the gains on nandrolone are not only mild, but also quite hard to maintain. Nandrolone, in the first place due to its combined estrogenic/progestagenic properties, is quite suppressive of the natural testosterone production. Since it actively participates at three receptors its very quick and merciless when it comes to giving negative feedback to the release of gonadotropin releasing hormone from the hypothalamus. But then one also has to take into account its affinity for esterases, making it stay active in the body significantly longer than most hormones. Because that means upon cessation of nandrolone-use you'll still be under quite suppressive conditions, there simply isn't enough intrinsic anabolism available to support the mass you gained, resulting in a rather quick and inglorious reduction of weight.

???or was it a shot in the rear end in an alley? anabolic no! i simply believe that merriman was not intentionally shooting roids but to each his own. he tested negative in august and has tested cleanly ever since. he also tested cleanly every test prior to his negative in august.

he also worked hard on his cardio this past offseason
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...1s30merri.html

what say you?

You are right. I am wrong. the league and it's in high dollared testing and monitoring program made a mistake. Merriman did not cheat, bonds is a scapegoat, and pete rose is not a gambler :rolleyes:

Last edited:
-------------------------

Little Tommy will eat grass on Sunday, Shawne and Shaun said.

Who's your left tackle again? LOL.

little phillip will be dishing up desert to the pats secondary all day :D

My son's pop warner team could score on the cardinals, raiders, and chiefs

who are you kidding? the raiders had one of the best defenses in the league. their offense scored a dismal 168 total points, meaning that there were a TON more of opponent possessions. (lower points = more 3 & outs = more opponent possessions = more opportunities for points allowed). for them to give up only 332 points is absolutely AMAZING given the number of times that opposing teams were on offense. care to disagree?

congratulations on the new apartment. as far as i know you don't graduate as a sophomore. do you design web pages?

I did not say I graduated, I said I finished it up.

Furthermore, it is kind of hard to do anything besides play games, post on forums, and draw all day when there is nothing else to do.:)

I find out today if I get the job I applied for or not - actually, I should be hearing from my mom's girlfriend any minute.

And yes, I do, however I do not enjoy it as much as Painting, Drawing, and Sculpting. My art is more Non-Representational, or Impressionisitic - none of it is very good, it's just the only thing I am good at.

who are you kidding? the raiders had one of the best defenses in the league. their offense scored a dismal 168 total points, meaning that there were a TON more of opponent possessions. (lower points = more 3 & outs = more opponent possessions = more opportunities for points allowed). for them to give up only 332 points is absolutely AMAZING given the number of times that opposing teams were on offense. care to disagree?

Dude you must come from the planet spout off before you check facts

18th in ppg is hardly best in the league

little phillip will be dishing up desert to the pats secondary all day :D

--------------------
Not if VJ can get to them first. So many have tried but most have failed. How tall is your corner again? Champ Bailey was 0 against Philip.

yes, the chargers were seventh, and FIRST in points scored. being FIRST in points scored translates to more opportunities for opponents to score (more possessions by opposing teams). so therefore you can see that the points allowed statistic is skewed in inverted directions for these two teams.

the chargers, with more points scored, have an inflated points allowed statistic due to more opponent possessions.

the patriots, with 107 fewer points scored, have a deflated points allowed statistic due to fewer opponent possessions.

like i stated before, someone find the stat that shows the total # of opponent possessions and we can hash out which defense is statistically stronger.

not the point. you're talking about the noise in one particular datapoint in one year. i'm looking at 44 datapoints over 22 years. when we look at data over that long a period and when one statistic correlates as clearly to success or failure as this one correlates to success, it washes out the noise in the data and suggests that the data point itself is a valid independent variable. In fact, only three times in the last 22 years has a team with a lower (higher) ranking by this measure won a superbowl against a team with a higher (lower) ranking.

of course, in any given year, there can be a material event that mitigates this (or any) statistic (in fact, the only thing that correlates perfectly to winning the Superbowl is scoring more points in the game than your opponent). two of the three disproving instances were, for example, John Elway's back to back SB wins where one could argue that his experience and genius neutralized defenses that were slightly better ranked (8 vs 4; T6 vs 5).

Last edited:
--------------------
Not if VJ can get to them first. So many have tried but most have failed. How tall is your corner again? Champ Bailey was 0 against Philip.

VJ hahahahahahaaa

You are right. I am wrong. the league and it's in high dollared testing and monitoring program made a mistake. Merriman did not cheat, bonds is a scapegoat, and pete rose is not a gambler :rolleyes:

just giving you some research on nandrolene in which merriman tested positive for in august. if im taking a steroid for performance enhancement it sure as hell would not be nandrolene. dont confuse it with nandrostene which mcgwire was taking or hgh which bonds was alleged to have taken.

your opinion is okay however you side i dont care but he tested positive for nandrolene and that study simply shows that is not the most conducive to building mass or improving performance as the research shows the gains of nandrolene use are minimal and difficult to maintain. just trying to enlighten some steroid is a steroid is a steroid misconceptions.

note he tested clean on all other substances? hmmmm

just giving you some research on nandrolene in which merriman tested positive for in august. if im taking a steroid for performance enhancement it sure as hell would not be nandrolene. dont confuse it with nandrostene which mcgwire was taking or hgh which bonds was alleged to have taken.

your opinion is okay however you side i dont care but he tested positive for nandrolene and that study simply shows that is not the most conducive to building mass or improving performance as the research shows the gains of nandrolene use are minimal and difficult to maintain. just trying to enlighten some steroid is a steroid is a steroid misconceptions.

yet he still got suspended.... hmmmm

Maybe he thought since it was minimal, he would have a better chance of getting away with it?

What's interesting about Strength of Schedule is that it doesn't take into account how a team's opponents are playing AT THE TIME THEY PLAYED THEM.

Take a look at both team's opponents at the time they played them:

PATS:

Bills - 0-0
Jets - 1-0
Broncos - 1-1
Bengals - 3-0
Dolphins - 1-3
Bills - 2-4
Vikes - 4-2
Indy - 7-0
Jets - 4-4
Pack - 4-5
Bears - 9-1
Lions - 2-9
Miami - 5-7
Houston - 4-9
Jax - 8-6
Ten - 8-7

A few things stand out: The Pats faced quite a few teams at or during the peak of their season. The Bengals (3-0), Vikings (4-2), Indy (7-0), Bears (9-1) and Ten (8-7, having won 6 straight games). Also, the Jets loss came against a 4-4 team after a bye week. Keep that in mind.

OK, lets look at the Chargers:

Oak - 0-0
Ten - 0-1
Bal - 2-0
Pitt - 1-2
SF - 2-3
KC - 2-3
Rams - 4-2
Cleve - 2-5
Cinci - 4-4
Broncos - 7-2
Oak - 2-8
Bills - 5-6
Broncos - 7-5
KC - 7-6
Sea - 8-6
Ari - 5-10

The only teams that the Bolts played that were at or during their peak were the Ravens in week 3 (LOSS), the Rams in week 7 (WIN) Broncos in week 10 (WIN). Worth nothing that their win over the Rams was the 2nd game of a 5-game losing streak by St Louis. Also interesting to note, the wins over the Broncos, KC and Seattle in weeks 14-16 were after each team had lost at least the two prior games to other opponents. SD didn't face many hot teams this year and NONE since week 10.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Chargers come out flat as a pancake against a battle-hardened Pats team who has face much stiffer opposition this year.

What's interesting about Strength of Schedule is that it doesn't take into account how a team's opponents are playing AT THE TIME THEY PLAYED THEM.

Take a look at both team's opponents at the time they played them:

PATS:

Bills - 0-0
Jets - 1-0
Broncos - 1-1
Bengals - 3-0
Dolphins - 1-3
Bills - 2-4
Vikes - 4-2
Indy - 7-0
Jets - 4-4
Pack - 4-5
Bears - 9-1
Lions - 2-9
Miami - 5-7
Houston - 4-9
Jax - 8-6
Ten - 8-7

A few things stand out: The Pats faced quite a few teams at or during the peak of their season. The Bengals (3-0), Vikings (4-2), Indy (7-0), Bears (9-1) and Ten (8-7, having won 6 straight games). Also, the Jets loss came against a 4-4 team after a bye week. Keep that in mind.

OK, lets look at the Chargers:

Oak - 0-0
Ten - 0-1
Bal - 2-0
Pitt - 1-2
SF - 2-3
KC - 2-3
Rams - 4-2
Cleve - 2-5
Cinci - 4-4
Broncos - 7-2
Oak - 2-8
Bills - 5-6
Broncos - 7-5
KC - 7-6
Sea - 8-6
Ari - 5-10

The only teams that the Bolts played that were at or during their peak were the Ravens in week 3 (LOSS), the Rams in week 7 (WIN) Broncos in week 10 (WIN). Worth nothing that their win over the Rams was the 2nd game of a 5-game losing streak by St Louis. Also interesting to note, the wins over the Broncos, KC and Seattle in weeks 14-16 were after each team had lost at least the two prior games to other opponents. SD didn't face many hot teams this year and NONE since week 10.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Chargers come out flat as a pancake against a battle-hardened Pats team who has face much stiffer opposition this year.

That's a good post, IMO.

Dude you must come from the planet spout off before you check facts

18th in ppg is hardly best in the league

did you not read the rest of my post? PPG is hardly a testament as to how well the defense is playing. if you don't think the raiders have a talented defense (namely their secondary) you can't call yourself an expert on the AFC.

did you not read the rest of my post? PPG is hardly a testament as to how well the defense is playing. if you don't think the raiders have a talented defense (namely their secondary) you can't call yourself an expert on the AFC.

The mere fact that they won 2 games tells me how good their D is. Not to mention PPG is ALL THAT MATTERS :bricks:

I did not say I graduated, I said I finished it up.

pardon me. when people say "i'm not in school anymore" they usually mean that they've graduated. suffice to say you were technically correct since you're on a vacation.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Many scouts believe Seymour only shows up against weaker competition and does not always give full effort. **** Vermeil called Castillo the best defensive linemen he's seen in the league since he returned to coaching in '98. Castillo bested Seymour's numbers while missing most of the 2nd half of the season.

since when did Dr. Z watching a game where Seymour was injured and playing out of position become "many scouts."

and every coach or player will insist that the best players/coaches/teams are in their own division. it makes it more impressive when you beat them and less painful when you lose to them.

Great post - I was just perusing the schedules myself. You really do get a sense that the Chargers 14-2 is quite deceiving. The Chiefs got exposed this past weekend, I think it's clear the AFCE is a much stronger division.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft