PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Screw Jax.....I want SD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to avoid SD either. For one thing, that game we played earlier this year was a long time ago, in football terms. And what better motivation will our players have to go out and play their very best....there will be no shortage of bulletin board material for that game. Plus, I don't like Coach Marty in the big games.

ilduce06410 said:
this talk worries me, and IMHO it is a near-fatal display of arrogance.
You're not really worried though, are you? It's just talk. Sadly, my wishing, scheming and screaming at the TV make no difference in how the Patriots play.

ClosingTime said:
Did Jaworski say it or not? Sounds like he misspoke and corrected himself. Anyways, no one knows if the Pats are a serious contender right now. Are they playing that good or just playing well against horrible teams? They haven't beat a good team in a while.
To me the only serious AFC contenders are Colts, Denver. Pats are a dangerous team and anything can happen in the playoffs but I wouldn't put them in the serious contender realm.
They beat a good team 2 days ago.

Bella*chick said:
You're not really worried though, are you? It's just talk. Sadly, my wishing, scheming and screaming at the TV make no difference in how the Patriots play.

It doesn't?:( All this time I thought that I was responsible for the three SB's.

Chick, you really know how to bring a guy down.

PATSNUTme said:
It doesn't?:( All this time I thought that I was responsible for the three SB's.

Chick, you really know how to bring a guy down.

I'm so sorry. You know, I really wanted to take credit for the Colts defeat yesterday (I was screaming "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN" at the top of my lungs) but alas, I was forced to shovel it over to Peyton and pals.

That actually didn't hurt too much, though. :D

SdChargeHer said:
as a charger fan we are going week to week but the most likely scenario IF the Chargers make the playoffs is denver losing to oakland in the snow this week and the Chargers winning out which would give them the afc west title and NE would have to travel to san diego. Either case you don't want to see the Chargers in the playoffs. We may not win 41-17 but we will win in a dominating fashion it is just not the pats year.

It's funny, I knew SdChargeHer would show up this week. I wonder where SdChargeHer was last week to discuss things when the Chargers were on life support after the embarrassing loss to the Fins. I hate to tell ya SdChargeHer, you better start dreaming about next years playoffs, your boys aren't gonna make this years playoffs. You guys have to pray that the Steelers lose a game, and the Jags lose 2 games. The Broncos clinch the division by beating the terrible Raiders. Then you have to pray that the Steelers and Jags lose some games. Pittsburgh faces the Browns and the Lions, that's two guaranteed victories, so now ya gotta hope that the Jags lose both games, against Houston & Tennessee, yeah, highly unlikely.

See ya next year SdChargeHer, It was nice knowing ya. Win a playoff game before you start saying the Chargers will easily hand a loss in the Playoffs to the Pats, your team won't even have a chance to face us. BTW, you finish up against the Chiefs and Broncos, see ya next year (even if you win those two games, it doesn't guarantee you the playoffs). Draft well (again), sign some free agents, and then maybe in '06 you can win the division......Your team won their Super Bowl on 12/18.

scott99 said:
Your team won their Super Bowl on 12/18.

What's funny is that everyone here knew it except Charger fans.

Wow, the Chargers fans are out of their minds. I think the Chargers are a very talented team, but they lost to the FINS AT HOME!! Schottenheimer is the huge weakness that team has, but they do deserve credit for beating the Colts.

the Chargers are a very good team that will be watching the playoffs. Unless the Steelers really screw up the Chargers and the Chiefs will be out.

So say jacksonville ends up at 11-5 with Pittsburgh...who gets the #5 seed?

Patskers said:
So say jacksonville ends up at 11-5 with Pittsburgh...who gets the #5 seed?

Jax beat Pit so they'd win out.

But if SD, Jax, and Pit all finish 11-5......SD would be #5, Jax #6, and Pitt would be left crying at Hines Wards house.

i think if Jacksonville wins next week, they tank the last game so they get Cincy in Round 1

Patskers said:
i think if Jacksonville wins next week, they tank the last game so they get Cincy in Round 1

I think so too, they already beat Cincy once and they know they don't want any piece of us.

I really dont care who we get, we have to beat the best to be the best....lets go to work

AndyJohnson said:
They beat a good team 2 days ago.
Bucs (9-5)
Wins - against Minnesota, Buffalo, PAckers, Detroit, Miami, Redskins, New Orleans and CArolina.

Losses - Jets, San Fran.,Carolina, Chicago, NE.

So let's see, one quality win (carolina), one decent (redskins) the rest are terrible. Losses to San Fran and the Jets..........end of story,

Ive come to the conclusion that ClosingTime is just a pats hater and that will never change.

Well if we want to talk about facts lets talk about Pittsburghs AFC title games under Bill Cowher

MoLewisrocks said:
It's not about what's best for you - it's about what's best for the TEAM.

We don't have to beat the Chargers - Marty will take care of that as he always does. Best case scenario for the team and the fans - we beat JAX and the 6th seed (Pittsburgh/SD) takes out the Bengals. Then we travel to Denver and secure home field for the AFCC while the Steelers/Bolts win their superbowl in the RCA DOME, and travel to the Razor for their also ran playoff elimination party.

Some wide eyed and over hyped foe from the NFC will show up in Detroit in February. They always do. They'll be instant media darlings. They always are. They just don't win.

Remember, winning it all is it's own revenge. It matters not who or how.
I agree, except I really want us to play the Colts for the championship without their having a bye week and the Steelers/Bolts having a shot at them first. We have to play in Denver to go all the way. What's Shanahan going to do? He'll play the same game plan. BB knows what to do. With a healthy Seymour (who hasn't played against D in 2 yrs) and without Starks, it's going to be an entirely different picture. Same MO for Indy. Hobbs is HOT. And in Seymour, whether we realize or not, is the BEST DL in the game, who just happens to be playing for the biggest contract he will ever see.

I WANT INDY FOR THE AFC CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!:violent::woohoo:

Last edited:
I don't think that Closing Time is a pats hater, and I agree with a lot of things that he said. The Pats still have a lot of BUTS, and the biggest one is that the teams that they have shut down these last three weeks all have quarterbacks who are starting their first real year, all inexperienced QBs. Therefore the Pats do not need to respect the passing game as much as with other teams like San Diego and Indy and can key on the run a lot more. Therefore, even though the Pats got a quality win against Tampa, there are still questions out there.

Saying all that, there is no question that the Pats are playing much better now. Previously, they even had trouble with bad teams. At one point, posters were putting up stats that showed the defense giving up XXX yards and XX points per game, and saying that this was the worst Pats defense in history. The Pats were struggling to beat the bad teams. Every game was a dogfight. Posters like me were just hoping that BB would figure something out even though we weren't exactly sure what he would or could do. Now, however, the Pats have finally got a stable formula going, and they are consistently improving every week.

I know the ideal dream scenario for Pats fans is to beat San Diego, beat Indy, and then beat Denver. Finally, we beat the Bears or Carolina in the Super Bowl. Very nice scenario. Every Pats fan would be ecstatic about this. However, I think this is a bit arrogant, and you don't have to be a Pats hater to think this. I just remember that before the season, some posters were saying that the Pats should go undefeated this season; that there was no team that the Pats should not beat. Some of us were still saying that the beginning schedule is really rough, and we were predicting something like a 12-4 year. It's of course really nice to go through an undefeated season against one of the starting toughest schedules ever, but I don't know if that's realistic.

So, that's my same thoughts about the playoff run: San Diego, Indy, Denver, you would just be tempting the football gods too much there. I'd be much happier with an easier run like Jacksonville, Indy, and Denver. Truthfully, the only team that I really want revenge on is Indy. All this talk about being the greatest team of all time; we need to show them who's really the greatest team of all time. So saying that, the Pats match up really well with Jacksonville. There's no question they're the worst team in the playoffs with their QB situation. I don't think the Pats match up well with Cincinnati or San Diego. However, I'm not afraid of Denver with Plummer, and Indy, I know that's the game everyone wants, the players and the fans. Indy would just be like last year's Pittsburgh game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots