PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Screw Jax.....I want SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

PYPER

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Let's make the playoffs our own personal revenge tour.

1st we take care of the Chargers. The first time we played them right after we lost half our squad to injuries. This time, it'll be a much different ballgame. We need to avenge this game. It was bad enough that we lost but to then have Marty Schottenheimer diss our team. That's unacceptable. We need to beat the Chargers.

For us to play the Chargers, we need SD to win out and Jax to lose once.

Then we'll take care of the Colts. No further comments necessary.

In the AFCC we'll have to travel to Denver to beat down the Broncos.

And finally, in the Super Bowl, we get to pay back a 20 year debt by beating the Bears. Not just beating them though. Completely demolishing them. Anything less than 46-10 isn't good enough. I'll settle for 47-9 but I really want to see 50 to 0.

PYPER said:

1st we take care of the Chargers. The first time we played them right after we lost half our squad to injuries. This time, it'll be a much different ballgame. We need to avenge this game. It was bad enough that we lost but to then have Marty Schottenheimer diss our team. That's unacceptable. We need to beat the Chargers.

And finally, in the Super Bowl, we get to pay back a 20 year debt by beating the Bears. Not just beating them though. Completely demolishing them. Anything less than 46-10 isn't good enough. I'll settle for 47-9 but I really want to see 50 to 0.

I like the way you think!!!
Nothing like a full serving of revenge. :rocker:

PYPER said:

hahaha, lovin the talk this time of year!
can we all take a second and think about how great it really is to be a Patriots Fan!

How about we make it Carolina in the SB and avenge 4 of our 5 losses?

I really dont care who we play.
Some team is going to show up to play us those games, and if/when we beat them, it doesnt really matter in the end who it was.

PYPER said:

It's not about what's best for you - it's about what's best for the TEAM.

We don't have to beat the Chargers - Marty will take care of that as he always does. Best case scenario for the team and the fans - we beat JAX and the 6th seed (Pittsburgh/SD) takes out the Bengals. Then we travel to Denver and secure home field for the AFCC while the Steelers/Bolts win their superbowl in the RCA DOME, and travel to the Razor for their also ran playoff elimination party.

Some wide eyed and over hyped foe from the NFC will show up in Detroit in February. They always do. They'll be instant media darlings. They always are. They just don't win.

Remember, winning it all is it's own revenge. It matters not who or how.

Last edited:
You guys are letting wins over bad teams go to your heads. SD would crush the Pats and is probably the worst matchup for them in the entire league.
"Marty's diss", you all never seek to amaze me at how you twist things around to suit your silly bulletin board crap.

I'd rather have games against the Steelers, the Colts, and the Bengals than have to face the Chargers in the playoffs.

You're pinning your playoff hopes on Denver losing to Oakland in the snow? Good luck.

NFC participants...

MoLewisrocks said:
It's not about what's best for you - it's about what's best for the TEAM.

We don't have to beat the Chargers - Marty will take care of that as he always does. Best case scenario for the team and the fans - we beat JAX and the 6th seed (Pittsburgh/SD) takes out the Bengals. Then we travel to Denver and secure home field for the AFCC while the Steelers/Bolts win their superbowl in the RCA DOME, and travel to the Razor for their also ran playoff elimination party.

Some wide eyed and over hyped foe from the NFC will show up in Detroit in February. They always do. They'll be instant media darlings. They always are. They just don't win.

Remember, winning it all is it's own revenge. It matters not who or how.

If we should be so lucky as to get to XL, any of the NFC teams will be a revenge factor. Carolina, Fox and the obnoxious Steve Smith; or the Seahags and Holmgeren. We owe Holmgren for the '96 Tunaless Bowl loss. And finally da Bears! for the '85 Superbolw shuffle. Its less likely now but we still owe the Tuna for his walkout in '96, too, although it would be nice to see Drew get to another Bowl himself.

SdChargeHer said:
as a charger fan we are going week to week but the most likely scenario IF the Chargers make the playoffs is denver losing to oakland in the snow this week and the Chargers winning out which would give them the afc west title and NE would have to travel to san diego. Either case you don't want to see the Chargers in the playoffs. We may not win 41-17 but we will win in a dominating fashion it is just not the pats year.
I don't want to face the Chargers, nor do I want to face the Colts or Cincy. But to say it isn't the Pats year is a little nearsighted. Listen to what the "experts" will be saying this week. In the past they have said, the Patriots would not make the playoffs. Then changed it to making it as a wild card, followed by wining the division. Last I heard it was one and done. You want to bet we hear this week how they will win in the first round.
The odds are on Indy winning it all, but I wouldn't bet against the Patriots, and if you think this team is the same as games against Indy or the Chargers you haven't been paying attention.

scout,
I'm calling bull****. Show me one person who ever said the Pats wouldn't make the playoffs. Just one. A lot of people didn't think they were that good and probabaly overstated how bad they were. While the Pats have certainly got healthier and improved you have to look at the teams you've played over this home stretch. They had one decent win againt Tampa, who I don't even think is that good. All the rest were the dregs of the league and they got destroyed by KC. Now people are overstating how good they are. But at no time did anyone with 3 brain cells suppose that the Pats would miss the playoffs playing in the worst (well second behind the NFC North) division in football.

After watching the Jags barely beat the Niners yesterday, I will gladly accept them as the Pats' first round opponent.

there really IS a dark side of the force

AndyJohnson said:
How about we make it Carolina in the SB and avenge 4 of our 5 losses?

I really dont care who we play.
Some team is going to show up to play us those games, and if/when we beat them, it doesnt really matter in the end who it was.
this talk worries me, and IMHO it is a near-fatal display of arrogance.
yes, our boys have shown that NE is the class of the league. patriots are not the fastest, or biggest; we do not have the best running attack, or running defense, etc., etc. but NE be the two-time, solid platinum Champions, baybee, and anybody thinks they should be champs got to go thru the " defense" before they can say a word. aaarrrrgghhh.

but this stuff about who we play, who we want, makes me nervous. it was the same with redsox people hoping the yanks would so we could face them. i've never rooted for the yanks to win ANYTHING, not a lawsuit or a zoning variance, nothing. although it worked out OK for sox, IMHO the baseball and the football gods must be respected.
brady can walk, BB has not gone to pieces over his separation, Weis and Crennel turned out not to be indespensible. Colvin seems to be all the way back. seymour, branch, vinatieri have not gone crazy about money. nobody has crashed a car on Rte 1 while the game was still being played.

WE ARE THE RECIPIENTS OF ALL THIS GOOD FORTUNE BECAUSE THE GREAT SPIRIT WANTS US TO HAVE IT.
I WILL NOT P1$$ON THIS CAR'S TIRES BY WISHING FOR THINGS NOBODY HAS A RIGHT TO REQUEST.
please, let's not play to the dark side of the force.

primetime said:
I'd rather have games against the Steelers, the Colts, and the Bengals than have to face the Chargers in the playoffs.

No, you really don't.

ClosingTime said:
scout,
I'm calling bull****. Show me one person who ever said the Pats wouldn't make the playoffs. Just one. A lot of people didn't think they were that good and probabaly overstated how bad they were. While the Pats have certainly got healthier and improved you have to look at the teams you've played over this home stretch. They had one decent win againt Tampa, who I don't even think is that good. All the rest were the dregs of the league and they got destroyed by KC. Now people are overstating how good they are. But at no time did anyone with 3 brain cells suppose that the Pats would miss the playoffs playing in the worst (well second behind the NFC North) division in football.

Ron Jaworski said we wouldnt make the playoffs around 6 weeks back on PTI.
Then he changed his tune saying we would make the playoffs but he couldnt imagine the pats being a serious contender in the AFC. At the time, i would have had to agree with him. But now.....the AFC is up for grabs.

The Pats have beaten the jets, bills, bucs, and that Phins win a month back on the road isnt looking that bad anymore. I could make the same case about the Bears and Vikings not being good teams that your making about the Bucs.

The KC game was just a bad game. No running game to speak of, Givens was out which hurt the passing game. That was the first week our OL had to adjust without Koppen in there which didnt help and it seemed like Brady was pressing too much.

Did Jaworski say it or not? Sounds like he misspoke and corrected himself. Anyways, no one knows if the Pats are a serious contender right now. Are they playing that good or just playing well against horrible teams? They haven't beat a good team in a while.
To me the only serious AFC contenders are Colts, Denver. Pats are a dangerous team and anything can happen in the playoffs but I wouldn't put them in the serious contender realm.

ilduce06410 said:
this talk worries me, and IMHO it is a near-fatal display of arrogance.
yes, our boys have shown that NE is the class of the league. patriots are not the fastest, or biggest; we do not have the best running attack, or running defense, etc., etc. but NE be the two-time, solid platinum Champions, baybee, and anybody thinks they should be champs got to go thru the " defense" before they can say a word. aaarrrrgghhh.

but this stuff about who we play, who we want, makes me nervous. it was the same with redsox people hoping the yanks would so we could face them. i've never rooted for the yanks to win ANYTHING, not a lawsuit or a zoning variance, nothing. although it worked out OK for sox, IMHO the baseball and the football gods must be respected.
brady can walk, BB has not gone to pieces over his separation, Weis and Crennel turned out not to be indespensible. Colvin seems to be all the way back. seymour, branch, vinatieri have not gone crazy about money. nobody has crashed a car on Rte 1 while the game was still being played.

WE ARE THE RECIPIENTS OF ALL THIS GOOD FORTUNE BECAUSE THE GREAT SPIRIT WANTS US TO HAVE IT.
I WILL NOT P1$$ON THIS CAR'S TIRES BY WISHING FOR THINGS NOBODY HAS A RIGHT TO REQUEST.
please, let's not play to the dark side of the force.

The red sox had to hope for the yankees to win. They always lost to the yankees in the playoffs, and even if they did win the ws, there would still be that little thing about beating the yankees in the playoffs. Winning the WS, going through the yankees first, cemented it all. There was nothing to be said by anyone except for the yankees 26 WS to the red sox 1 in the last 86+ years.

The colts fans should be hoping to get the patriots in the playoffs because deep down inside they know it won't be the same winning a superbowl without going through the pats in the playoffs. I just hope the colts don't end up like the red sox and actually win if that does happen.

I really don't care who we face in the playoffs, if we can win it all then we are good enough to beat anyone. I have confidence in this team and hopefully we'll see the pats make history this year

ClosingTime said:
Did Jaworski say it or not? Sounds like he misspoke and corrected himself. Anyways, no one knows if the Pats are a serious contender right now. Are they playing that good or just playing well against horrible teams? They haven't beat a good team in a while.
To me the only serious AFC contenders are Colts, Denver. Pats are a dangerous team and anything can happen in the playoffs but I wouldn't put them in the serious contender realm.

Jaws may have misspoke but he said the pats wouldnt make the playoffs one week (it was the week before the Miami game), then the next week stated the pats would make the playoffs but wouldnt contend. Scout was correct in his post.

I think all you people need an attitude adjustment. Specifically, I think you need to stop being ****IE$.

What is this "I'm rooting for the easy route" nonsense? People who root for the easy road are people who don't believe. And if you don't believe, you're not welcome in Patriots Nation.

I can think of no better story than for the Patriots to overcome with the most difficult playoff schedule possible.

SD kicked our ***e$. I don't want to avoid them. I want to return the favor. It's about paying back our debts. I don't want ANYONE ANWHERE thinking they got something on my boys. I realize some of you aren't capable of believing in this team the way I believe in this team but what's the risk of going out on a limb and trusting me. This team has earned that much. Listen to my words. If we play San Diego again, WE WILL CRUSH THEM!!!

Think about the story people. This isn't just one remote year that will get lost in somewhere in time. We're talking about a team that ultimately will transcend time. A team for the ages. The story of the New England Patriots is destined to become the greatest story ever told.

So in the interests of Hollywood, bring on the Chargers. Bring on the Broncos. Bring on the Colts. It's the WAR for FOUR!!! We will not be denied.

PYPER said:
I think all you people need an attitude adjustment. Specifically, I think you need to stop being ****IE$.

What is this "I'm rooting for the easy route" nonsense? People who root for the easy road are people who don't believe. And if you don't believe, you're not welcome in Patriots Nation.

I can think of no better story than for the Patriots to overcome with the most difficult playoff schedule possible.

SD kicked our ***e$. I don't want to avoid them. I want to return the favor. It's about paying back our debts. I don't want ANYONE ANWHERE thinking they got something on my boys. I realize some of you aren't capable of believing in this team the way I believe in this team but what's the risk of going out on a limb and trusting me. This team has earned that much. Listen to my words. If we play San Diego again, WE WILL CRUSH THEM!!!

Think about the story people. This isn't just one remote year that will get lost in somewhere in time. We're talking about a team that ultimately will transcend time. A team for the ages. The story of the New England Patriots is destined to become the greatest story ever told.

So in the interests of Hollywood, bring on the Chargers. Bring on the Broncos. Bring on the Colts. It's the WAR for FOUR!!! We will not be denied.

Well said! The Pats are the greatest story in sports and all of those who dont believe it are in a serious case of denial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back