PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Trent Brown 4 years $66 million with Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brown will do well.

That being said, no way we had any business paying him that money. Especially with Wynn returning next season.

I wonder how he's going to do without Scar. He wasn't that great in SF.

Crazy money. I wonder if it will work as well as the Giants "franchise tackle" signing last year? :)

Do we expect the same success on a different team? Solder had a pretty off year if I remember the chatter correctly.

How much of the success of this OLine is the player and how much of it is coaching/Brady making defenses be just that much more on their toes?

Edit: No attempt to discredit Brown btw. Dude is a mountain.

Maybe that's why it is so outrageous? Because it was put together in such a short time, that the raiders didn't think about it twice?

Can you make the decision to marry a women, any women, within 13 minutes?

Well the raiders just did that.

I wonder how he's going to do without Scar. He wasn't that great in SF.
He was inconsistent. Definitely showed flashes out there though. Only reason we gave up a 3rd for a guy who was once a 7th round pick.

So we traded #95 last year for a comp pick next year in the 97-100 range (assuming we manage FA correctly) + get Ja'Whaun Bentley and a cheap year of Trent Brown (who helped result in a SB win).

Not bad.
I posted the same thing in another thread.

That my friends is why this team is a Dynasty.

Maybe that's why it is so outrageous? Because it was put together in such a short time, that the raiders didn't think about it twice?

You could but the divorce rate might be higher than normal.

Please:

Let's talk about comp picks:

How would this work ? If no players signed, I assume that pats would get a 3rd.

Would that pick be cancelled out by any player signed or would the players have to be signed to a contract that’s in the “3rd round” range?

Someone go ahead and merge my thread into this one. Think patsinthesnow’s thread was posted first anyways.

I mean at this point everyone knows that the real tampering starts to happen at the combine. Which is where the NFL should start the tampering window and open FA officially a few days later.

Now I get that they want to spread those things out to keep running the media cycle but the reality is that once the combine starts all those rules go out of the window since most agents and GMs are in the same place.

Good for Brown. Kinda what I expected to happen so I am not even disappointed about him moving on. He had a good postseason run and an at times uneven regular season. Ridiculously overpaid but what can you do.

Please:

Let's talk about comp picks:

How would this work ? If no players signed, I assume that pats would get a 3rd.

Would that pick be cancelled out by any player signed or would the players have to be signed to a contract that’s in the “3rd round” range?

Just follow Nick Korte's comp pick table. He usually nails them almost flawlessly every year.

Compensatory Draft Picks Cancellation Chart | Over the Cap

You can even check previous years to get an idea how things work. But broadly speaking if two players end up in the same tier of salary they cancel each other out. But if there is a big difference then they don't affect each other.

Ha! Most people don't do that and the finances involved are, for most, a fraction of that.

Oh Raiders.

I've been as big a booster as anybody but it's crazy to throw all your chips in on this. Of course he would take that money. Guess we don't have to worry how he'll perform long term.

Thanks for the big time year and the ring.

All the talk about Edelman going to the Hall of Fame and everyone missed who's the third most deserving HOFer on this team after Brady and Belichick.

dante_dscarnecchia1_576.jpg
No kidding. Brown should be sending a commission to Dante as a thank you.

Bummer

But I guess I didn’t really expect him back

Somehow I doubt Drew Rosenhaus just took the first offer made. And it would depend on the woman. If Jennifer Aniston proposed, it wouldn’t take me 13 minutes to accept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3