PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Expect Pats to Keep Garoppolo Beyond 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't (load up on offensive players, per AzPatsFan).
He traded for cooks.
He added allen in place of Bennett.
He added gillislee and burkhead in place of blount.
That's not loading up, that's normal.

Whether or not "loading up" on offense is the right term, I would argue that BB trading a 1st for Cooks is not completely normal, he hasn't ever traded a 1st round draft pick for a player (let alone one under contract for only two years) as far as I know. And it has been a long time since he has devoted so much $$$ to the running back position (although admittedly it has also been a while since BB has had so much cap space).

However, even if not "normal" for BB, I strongly support both moves, it is high time that Brady had a decent running game (which I am hopeful for this year) and a truly number one wide receiver. I can't think of a QB who has successfully shouldered the burden Brady has and done so much with so little. I'm excited that he will have plenty of help (and weapons) this year.:)

Whether or not "loading up" on offense is the right term, I would argue that BB trading a 1st for Cooks is not completely normal, he hasn't ever traded a 1st round draft pick for a player (let alone one under contract for only two years) as far as I know.

I don't see this as 'loading up' but rather as Belichick evaluating the 2017 first round as being a weaker class than usual, and seeing more value in 2 years of Cooks than 5 years of whoever would have been available at 32.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes