PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Bill Belichick & Patriots to Part Ways

Yeah that’s not how it works. Being mediocre at times while being the greatest dynasty ever is very different than being just another team.

Everything this franchise has been about for 25 years is walking out the door, and it will start all over needing to invent a new identity.
Yeah all that ended when Brady left

YOU did. ”He could always, I dunno, hire a great coach and GM”. If you don’t think that implies a simple solution, then you need to rethink your communication skills.
Welsh Corgi What GIF by Lazy Corgi

Team was 1-8 at home this year playing in front of empty seats as the deterioration accelerated.
Note: Tied for worst home record in NFL with Washington.
The STHs are the fans who took the hardest hit.

Last edited:
Not how it works in sports. Four years is a long time to be mediocre. One fluky playoff run ending in a blowout loss.
It’s really not. Many franchises are mediocre for decades. None have been as dominant as this one for decades.

Rebuilding is hard. Can you name any franchise that was dominant, then needed to rebuild and weren’t mediocre for 4 years?

It’s amazing to me that fans who lived through this dynasty think it’s a good thing to blow it up and be just another one of the 32. What are the chances the next guy is any good? We just moved on to the prospect of average.
So on the heels of the last 24 years the best bet for the next 32 is 8 division titles, 4 AFCCGs 2SB 1 Championship.
Thats the new expectation. Great isn’t it?
A lot better than 29-39 since 2020 including a 4-13 season and 1 playoff blowout loss.

Suicide watch ^ there I knew BB was your God and Master. Gotta learn to let go dude nothing last forever. Vrabel or Mayo could be the new McVay and Shanahan on the Defensive side of the ball.
I hope they will be. I like both of them. The krafts though aren’t built for this. They cave to media pressure because they want to be well liked. That’s all they care about

It’s really not. Many franchises are mediocre for decades. None have been as dominant as this one for decades.

Rebuilding is hard. Can you name any franchise that was dominant, then needed to rebuild and weren’t mediocre for 4 years?
I thought Jones was the one person holding back this team. So now it's more than just him?

A lot better than 29-39 since 2020 including a 4-13 season and 1 playoff blowout loss.
Not close to 30 playoff wins 6 championship s and 9 SBs in 24 years.

But hey, you are entitled to more than that’s as a fan, aren’t you? Someone had to pay.

This will be highlighted even more when Bill builds another winning franchise. Everyone will be like 'of course he was gonna win again he's won 6 SBs'.

Knew this was gonna end when we found out Kraft meddled and forced BoB on BB. He's a clown for that.
So you were fine with letting Phat Matt and Hardo Joe grow into the OC and QB coach roles? (Not to mention the OL coach as well for Matt)

We don't know the details of the split yet. It's possible that it will be an amicable one, which is what I've hoped for from early on.

Where do you come up with your facts? Kraft has made 3 good coaching hires just on his own.

So you're grateful to Bill for the team's success but not Kraft. What about Tom? Porca vacca!
What? Kraft hired Pete Carroll. That wasn’t a good hire. He didn’t hire Parcells. He lucked into Belichick BECAUSE he saw firsthand how Belichick turned around Parcells’ fortunes in 1995

I hope they will be. I like both of them. The krafts though aren’t built for this. They cave to media pressure because they want to be well liked. That’s all they care about
The media did not fire Bill lol. Kraft laid down the ground work for this during the owner's meeting last year. 2022 was incredibly disappointing for Kraft.

Not close to 30 playoff wins 6 championship s and 9 SBs in 24 years.

But hey, you are entitled to more than that’s as a fan, aren’t you? Someone had to pay.
Those days ended in March 2020.

YOU did. ”He could always, I dunno, hire a great coach and GM”. If you don’t think that implies a simple solution, then you need to rethink your communication skills.
Not really if you consider the post (and sentiment) I was addressing. I was suggesting it as an obvious possibility, not as an easy outcome to achieve.

Sounds like they asked him to give up personnel duties and he rejected it.
Then that will rule out Dallas, or do people think Jerry Jones will allow BB to run personnel?

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back