PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Bill Belichick & Patriots to Part Ways

Then that will rule out Dallas, or do people think Jerry Jones will allow BB to run personnel?
I think Bill has already said he's willing to just coach

It’s the tail end of a rebuild. They need 2 or 3 players. You’re abandoning it for mediocrity
These are my thoughts.

QB, WR, go! But without the guy who makes players like Jennings and Peppers shine, it could easily fall apart.
With Tom Brady of course not it'll never happen again
Without Tom Brady we can do much better than the past 4 seasons
3 of the other 31 teams have won a Super Bowl since BB last won one.

Define “much better.”

People seriously think the Patriots were still in the dynasty this year? ****ing dumb as ****. When the book is written on the Patriots dynasty it will go 2001-2018. Nobody is going to say any of the 5 years after it were part of the greatness. Especially once Brady left.

2019+ Belichick wasn't the same guy as 2000-2018 Belichick. Results speak for themselves. Action talks and BS walks.

Times change. People change. Stuff happens. Nobody in any field stays relevant forever.

The crazy thing isn't it ending, the crazy thing is it lasting as long as it did. Same as with Brady, ironically enough.

I think Bill has already said he's willing to just coach
He didn't. He was asked if he would give up GM duties and gave a vague answer about how he is willing to do whatever is best for the success of the team. Does anybody really think Bill would determine that him not having control over the groceries was what was best for the team?

2019+ Belichick wasn't the same guy as 2000-2018 Belichick. Results speak for themselves. Action talks and BS walks.

Times change. People change. Stuff happens. Nobody in any field stays relevant forever.

The crazy thing isn't it ending, the crazy thing is it lasting as long as it did. Same as with Brady, ironically enough.
Yup. Idk why people think Bill's time couldn't be up and that he was somehow immune to what happens to every person in this sport. Just be happy that we got it as long as we did.

These are my thoughts.

QB, WR, go! But without the guy who makes players like Jennings and Peppers shine, it could easily fall apart.

Define “much better.”
Yes, when compared to the other 31 teams in the NFL, the Patriots have won a recent Super Bowl. That does nothing to change the fact that the team nose dived once Brady left.

Riddle me this: If Belichick was the owner of this team, do you think he would keep the GM/HC after the past 4 years?

And the other pillar in the greatest football dynasty ever has fallen. A sad day in my eyes. Maybe its the sign of the times, Saban retires and now Belichick exits.

Rumors Tomlin could take a few years off.
Pittsburgh has entered the BB chat.

These are my thoughts.

Define “much better.”
Only 1 team wins it all every season I'm talking about wins and losses exclusive
29-39 since Tom left is terrible
10 games under .500
So yes we have a chance to be much better than that

It’s really not. Many franchises are mediocre for decades. None have been as dominant as this one for decades.

Rebuilding is hard. Can you name any franchise that was dominant, then needed to rebuild and weren’t mediocre for 4 years?
The fact that the Pats under BB and Brady were so dominant for so long, in the salary cap era, is really unprecedented.

The Pats didn’t always win the SB, but they were always in the discussion, for 20 years!

There was no time during that that the Pats were not competitive.

They were so dominant, that I think that is part of the reason that Goodell went after the Pats for BS and imposed draconian punishments, to try to bring the Pats back to the pack, with the nodding approval of the rest of the league.

I'm guessing they announce quickly on a coach, maybe even tomorrow or Monday. Just not today, out of respect for Belichick.
They need to go through nfl hiring process. I would hope they select a GM first.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back