PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Bill Belichick & Patriots to Part Ways

It’s a shame. Kraft hired the man who brought in the culture, structure, and framework of the greatest franchise in the history of the sport. Kraft is now moving on from the man who created what the patriots have been. Now he will start over from scratch, and will probably not live long enough to realize he just made his franchise just another one of the 32.
This is the time as well for Kraft to step down, pass the reins on to Jonathan. Do a complete reboot and start fresh.

Thank you Bill!

Do you think we've been one of the best teams in the league the last four years?
We have been the greatest dynasty ever for the last 24 years. Ever organization has ups and downs. A few down years while being the greatest organization ever is not the same as just another team.
It’s fine though, adversity defines people and the fans here responded to a few down years by wanting to punish someone, and as can easily be expected, they targeted the authority figure.

We don't know the details of the split yet. It's possible that it will be an amicable one, which is what I've hoped for from early on.

Where do you come up with your facts? Kraft has made 3 good coaching hires just on his own.

So you're grateful to Bill for the team's success but not Kraft. What about Tom? Porca vacca!
He think it's all BB and 12 had nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

So no Hard Knocks then. Lol

Thinking of Bill's quote last week where he said he was focusing on the Jets and time to reminisce would be afterward.

Interesting choice of words. Maybe he already knew?
You nailed it.
Clapping Applause GIF

We have been the greatest dynasty ever for the last 24 years. Ever organization has ups and downs. A few down years while being the greatest organization ever is not the same as just another team.
It’s fine though, adversity defines people and the fans here responded to a few down years by wanting to punish someone, and as can easily be expected, they targeted the authority figure.
Not how it works in sports. Four years is a long time to be mediocre. One fluky playoff run ending in a blowout loss.

I would suggest positionally O line Wr and QB are needs and will require more than 2-3 players. I'm a big fan of everything that Bill has achieved but these were needs last year too with the exception of QB and i don't think they were succesfully addressed last year so i'm not sure they would have been this year
Just look at the resources devoted to the OL. A lot of draft picks. What would you have suggested for LT. For WR? This is what people never talk about. Belicjick spoke to it in his last weeks press conference when he said there are contingencies. You may prioritize these positions but what happens when the players don’t materialize? Again, what LT and what WR? Every year they spent a ton of $$ in FA for receivers. But the FA market until this coming year was barebones. Even worse for LTs

Any chance Jets fire Saleh and make a godfather offer for BB to coach Rodgers?

If that happened, Rodgers would blow his other achilles in the first game. Then BB would develop ulcers trying to coach McMilfson.

This is the time as well for Kraft to step down, pass the reins on to Jonathan. Do a complete reboot and start fresh.
It’s amazing to me that fans who lived through this dynasty think it’s a good thing to blow it up and be just another one of the 32. What are the chances the next guy is any good? We just moved on to the prospect of average.
So on the heels of the last 24 years the best bet for the next 32 is 8 division titles, 4 AFCCGs 2SB 1 Championship.
Thats the new expectation. Great isn’t it?

I think it's fair to ask how much slack did Belichick cut players once they stopped producing results?

Robert Kraft made ONE good decision as owner of the Pats, so let’s see if he can make another.

Even a blind squirrel gets an occasional acorn.

Kraft also has a history of caving ratted than fight for what is right.

He caved in giving up a draft pick for BB, he caved to Goodell twice for draconian and unmerited punishments for Soyfate and Deflategate.

He does not have a great track record.

At least he isn’t as bad as David Tepper….

I hope.
I hope for this teams sake we hit on a stud QB. He may paper over some stuff. With Belichick they could’ve won with a pretty good QB. Now we need to hit a home run instead. Listening to the talking heads, they say Kraft needs to show a lot of patience with the new regime. I couldn’t make this stuff up if I tried.

Who said, or even implied, that it’d be easy?
YOU did. ”He could always, I dunno, hire a great coach and GM”. If you don’t think that implies a simple solution, then you need to rethink your communication skills.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
Back