Schadenfreude

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
BQcD_0KCYAA5D0L.jpg:large

That's all.

Two questions:

1) Context?

2) Is that really how teams notify a player they're being cut?

Pollard found this notice on his locker, photographed it and later showed the photo to Albert Breer. Whether he'd previously been told of his release is unclear. I have to think so and that the Notice of Termination is a formality.

Two questions:

1) Context?

2) Is that really how teams notify a player they're being cut?

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/362262689889804288/photo/1

So that's the context, what there is of it.

No idea, personally, if this how it's done. Gotta think there's some novelty to it if Breer is posting. Seems a bit cold, but that's the nfl. ( Also, as a Pats fan, can easily imagine this being played up as a sign of how cold BB is if it involved them. But since its Ozzie and one of them smiling Harbaughs, probably will just be a "life in the nfl" thing.)

Edit: see manxman above comment ... Hard to know when in the process this was done. Would love to be able to read the text. Didn't think teams had to spell out their reasons for cutting someone like that?

http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/362262689889804288/photo/1

So that's the context, what there is of it.

No idea, personally, if this how it's done. Gotta think there's some novelty to it if Breer is posting. Seems a bit cold, but that's the nfl. ( Also, as a Pats fan, can easily imagine this being played up as a sign of how cold BB is if it involved them. But since its Ozzie and one of them smiling Harbaughs, probably will just be a "life in the nfl" thing.)

Edit: see manxman above comment ... Hard to know when in the process this was done. Would love to be able to read the text. Didn't think teams had to spell out their reasons for cutting someone like that?
I think they're generic reasons. The one that's checked off for him starts, "In the judgement of the club your skills or performance has been unsatisfactory...." It's probably necessary for the club to give the paper work to the player and that's how they do it. I'd imagine Ozzie/Harbough met with him before he found this.

Almost certainly a boilerplate notice required by the CBA for legal purposes.

I think they're generic reasons. The one that's checked off for him starts, "In the judgement of the club your skills or performance has been unsatisfactory...." It's probably necessary for the club to give the paper work to the player and that's how they do it. I'd imagine Ozzie/Harbough met with him before he found this.

Almost certainly a boilerplate notice required by the CBA for legal purposes.

Makes sense. Pollard probably keeps the photo for motivation. Weird that he would show it to Breer, and that Breer would pass along without comment/context.

Last edited:
I don't think it behooves Patriots fans to play the Schadenfreude game.

After the Brady accident I thought he was pretty apologetic and classy about what happened.

Now he's totally embraced thug-ball. Screw that guy.

I thought BP was signed by the Titans after being released by the Blackbirds.

I thought BP was signed by the Titans after being released by the Blackbirds.
He was. Pollard just took this picture after he was released by BAL Now Breer tweeted it out.

Pollard found this notice on his locker, photographed it and later showed the photo to Albert Breer. Whether he'd previously been told of his release is unclear. I have to think so and that the Notice of Termination is a formality.
Breer and Pollard - 2dinks who deserve one another...

He was. Pollard just took this picture after he was released by BAL Now Breer tweeted it out.

thanks for the explanation :) I was wondering why the derision for Newsome and Harbaugh

That's cold. But it warms my heart.

Slow morning, so following up with a (very) little elaboration from NFL.com:

It might be a surprise -- or a burn, to Pollard -- that the termination letter cites "skill or performance" as the reason for his release.

"At the end of the day, I know what happened, I know what took place," Pollard told WJZ-FM in May. "I'm sorry, I just don't want to be in the room with certain people."

I sure wish we had a guy like Pollard as a safety in those lost Super Bowls.......no way would he have allowed Tyree to make that catch,he would have sent David into next week instead of Sanders slowly getting over to assist on that play and he might have been closer to Mannîngham to cover on the infamous sideline circus catch.

The guy is a great player,who is only hated because he happened to be involved in Patriot injuries.

I sure wish we had a guy like Pollard as a safety in those lost Super Bowls.......no way would he have allowed Tyree to make that catch,he would have sent David into next week instead of Sanders slowly getting over to assist on that play and he might have been closer to Mannîngham to cover on the infamous sideline circus catch.

The guy is a great player,who is only hated because he happened to be involved in Patriot injuries.

He is a big hitter who is weak in coverage, particularly last year. I remember Ed Reed screaming at him for blown coverages as the 49ers came back in the Super Bowl.

He also seemed emotionally out of control last year. I'd never seen a player get an unsportsmanlike penalty in a playoff game for arguing with the opposing team's bench, but he did it. And he really has a grudge against Harbaugh. I guess he figures he can push Munchak around, but if I'd been on four teams in five years, I'd keep my mouth shut.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back