PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Scenario: A surprise trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's trade our #1 receiver for a 2nd or 3rd string CB who might or might not be better than Rowe or Jones. Then hope that Hogan and DA rebound to 2016 forms? Sounds like a pretty big gamble for not a lot of gain.

Dorsett or Britt better than Cooks? Let's see, one player has logged 3 1,000+ yard seasons in a row. That's more than both of those players combined. Dorsett's best season was Bethel Johnson 2.0. And Britt has shown nothing with the Pats yet, unless you are pinning your hopes on a receiver who caught 3 balls for a grand total of 23 yards for the Pats.

Seriously guys? You are being serious right now? What did Cooks do, run over your dog? He wasn't the guy who gave up 41 points in the Superbowl last time I checked.

Who said anything like that? Maybe read more carefully before jumping, okay?

His cap hit is high, by Patriot standards (Edelman and Hogan are cheaper combined), so I said I could see it. Didn't say I wanted it, and never implied that Dorsett or Britt is better.

What did Cooks do, run over your dog?
He could’ve easily ran over my dog, but his decision was to attempt some kind of crazy Dukes of Hazzard move where he jumps the car 10 feet into the air.

Last edited:
He could’ve easily ran over my dog, but his decision was to attempt some kind of crazy Dukes of Hazzard move where he jumps the car 10 feet into the air.

Luckily, my dog never even flinched.

Meh, nothing wrong with an entertaining spontaneous and utterly superfluous jump, provided of course the ol' General Lee sticks the landing and keeps moving. As usual the devil is in the details.

(No '69 Chargers or dogs were damaged in the creation of this post)

Last edited:
I have always thought of mccourty as one of the pillars on which this defense is built.

If we could extend him to lessen the cap hit in 2018, why not. His play improves once you replace the turnstiles in the front seven. Shelton replacing Francis/branch is a huge first step.

The posse of DW Toys grows. It's like attending a hillbilly family reunion. I think I need to bow out before I become afflicted with something. ;)
Toys is a bit fantastical in his trade proposals, (which is a polite way of putting it) but he seems like a decent person. Pretty respectful, etc. I can deal with posters like him much better than some of the arrogant douches.

I’m curious to know, however, is DW Toys a company? Initials for a name? Are there actual toys involved? Do they happen to be “adult” toys, by chance? Is he sitting on a stash of old Cabbage Patch dolls? Inquiring minds want to know.

Toys is a bit fantastical in his trade proposals, (which is a polite way of putting it) but he seems like a decent person. Pretty respectful, etc. I can deal with posters like him much better than some of the arrogant douches.

I’m curious to know, however, is DW Toys a company? Initials for a name? Are there actual toys involved? Do they happen to be “adult” toys, by chance? Is he sitting on a stash of old Cabbage Patch dolls? Inquiring minds want to know.

That's an I agree and a funny rating.

DW Toys does seem like a pretty decent person.

It's funny when one of my own posts, arguing the opposite, made me go "hmm," and possibly change my mind.

Regarding Cooks: he is here for about half his FA value this year. Why trade him.

So, keep him!

Or maybe not.

Cooks' cap hit is almost 8.5million.
Edelman, Hogan, Britt, Dorsett and Mitchell combined cost around 11.7million. BB doesn't value WR like most other teams - we've seen that repeatedly.

So trade Cooks for a 3rd or 4th-year decent, cost-controlled CB2 (Darby-type, though I wouldn't want Cooks on the Eagles) or a LB and maybe a 4th, save 7 million, use that to get Amendola back and still have enough left over to help with more pressing needs?

I have to admit, IF they think Dorsett and/or Britt, along with Mitchell, can fill that hole, there are worse choices.

I like Cooks, but he's an 8-million 1-year rental at this point - unless he agrees to restructure and extend, which I doubt.
I'm not opposed to trading Cooks if the return is very appealing, but definitely not for the value you proposed. Otherwise, they should just keep him for 2018 and get the comp pick after he leaves.

I'm not opposed to trading Cooks if the return is very appealing, but definitely not for the value you proposed. Otherwise, they should just keep him for 2018 and get the comp pick after he leaves.

A cost-controlled CB2, a second-day draft pick, 7 million in cap savings.

That's not nothing. I wouldn't do it, but I value WRs more than BB seems to.

I appreciate the inquiry, and no, there is nothing perverse about the name and initials or the call-out "branding". "Toys" not the way you think.

There is only one person on this forum who really knows. I wish I could tell you all what the "deal" is. Some might take me more seriously, others not. It's compelling. Many would have interest.

I have mentioned many times that I enjoy F/A and Trades over the Draft because you never know with these kids. I am not saying the Draft does not work, but every Team in the NFL has about 30% UDFA or off the street guys upon average on their roster, which tells you that there are a lot of mistakes in Drafting. Just FYI Cousins.
DW Toys

I appreciate the inquiry, and no, there is nothing perverse about the name and initials or the call-out "branding". "Toys" not the way you think.

There is only one person on this forum who really knows. I wish I could tell you all what the "deal" is. Some might take me more seriously, others not. It's compelling. Many would have interest.

I have mentioned many times that I enjoy F/A and Trades over the Draft because you never know with these kids. I am not saying the Draft does not work, but every Team in the NFL has about 30% UDFA or off the street guys upon average on their roster, which tells you that there are a lot of mistakes in Drafting. Just FYI Cousins.
DW Toys
Totally joking with you about the mystery, buddy. Great point about the low number of success seen via the draft. It’s always good to read your thoughts, even if some of the proposals seem a bit over the top. Like others have said, you’re obviously a decent guy and it’s good to have you on the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST