2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which matchup do you want?

• State Farm Bowl (GB vs KC)

Votes: 12 10.8%
  • Brady vs Mahomes IV (TB vs KC)

Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Bill Bowl (Bills conquer Brady or Brady shoves it up Bill's @ss(both Buffalo again and Bellichick))

Votes: 60 54.1%
  • Meh Bowl (GB vs Buffalo)

Votes: 17 15.3%

• Total voters
Anyone who doesn't want to see Brady vs. Mahomes must hate football, if not sports.

I can't think of any time we have ever been treated to a GOAT vs. GOAT championship round in a team sport. Have we even come close? Gretzky never squared off against Lemioux or Orr in a Stanley Cup final. Jordan faced late career Magic, but never Kobe, LeBron, Shaq, Bird, even Hakeem. We ever got to see LeBron vs. Kobe. In the NFL, the closest we ever came was probably Montana vs. Elway or Manning vs. Brees.

Brady vs. Mahomes would be (provided Mahomes stays healthy) the ultimate matchup of GOATs.

If it wasn't the Bills and those storylines I'd 100% agree and it's really close. The Bills 0-4 in the SB and they end up facing the QB they're 3-32 against and one of those wins he only played the first quarter. Also Allen is no slouch. I was a critic but he's won me over. He may in the end if nothing else end up being more durable than Mahomes and because of that have the better career.

ARod vs Mahomes would be great too. Not everyone loves Brady. The NFL I suspect would prefer KC vs GB/TB but I think the Bills storyline is also great.

This is pretty interesting. I can see why a lot of non-affiliated states are going Bills. I'm not sure why Oregon or Utah would be GB states and I'm especially confused that Colorado would be pro Chiefs.

Also I'd love to know if Drew Brees is rooting for/against anybody this weekend.

EsNT0_gXMAEEGLV
That tells me a Bills-Bucs SB would have a larger audience. Nobody lives in those fly over states.

Anyone who doesn't want to see Brady vs. Mahomes must hate football, if not sports.

I can't think of any time we have ever been treated to a GOAT vs. GOAT championship round in a team sport. Have we even come close? Gretzky never squared off against Lemioux or Orr in a Stanley Cup final. Jordan faced late career Magic, but never Kobe, LeBron, Shaq, Bird, even Hakeem. We ever got to see LeBron vs. Kobe. In the NFL, the closest we ever came was probably Montana vs. Elway or Manning vs. Brees.

Brady vs. Mahomes would be (provided Mahomes stays healthy) the ultimate matchup of GOATs.
Please explain to me how a 3 yr QB is a GOAT?

That tells me a Bills-Bucs SB would have a larger audience. Nobody lives in those fly over states.
Validates my belief Vermont is not part of New England.

Somewhat surprised Wyoming isn't "Bills" since Josh Allen went there.

Validates my belief Vermont is not part of New England.

Somewhat surprised Wyoming isn't "Bills" since Josh Allen went there.
More surprising that GA is Bucs.

Mahomes is not a Goat. Lol

You sound like the anti-patriots fans over the past 20 years. You don't want the team with the franchise and history to win.

This might be the only time I've ever seen anyone argue that it's actually fun and cool to root against the underdog.

Rip Ted Thompson...

Yea, let's see what KC looks like after they have to deal with FAs and cap issues. They're already not looking the same than a few years ago. It's difficult to be consistently successful in the NFL (despite what Pats did last 20 yrs).

You are absolutely right. And even if they can built something as sustainable as we were able to odds are still stacked against them that they will win the title as often as we did. There is so much uncertainty and randomness in a football game, you can't always rely on having the superior talent to carry you through that.

Staying on top is generally harder than getting there because it means that you need to consistently beat teams that through down years in the past have a competitive advantage in terms of salary cap and draft position.

That being said nothing will stop the GOAT talk from coming up because fans love to have their own identity somewhat intertwined with things of historic proportion. And where can the Chiefs fans and the media go once "first ballot HoF" is a stale term ?

You are absolutely right. And even if they can built something as sustainable as we were able to odds are still stacked against them that they will win the title as often as we did. There is so much uncertainty and randomness in a football game, you can't always rely on having the superior talent to carry you through that.

Staying on top is generally harder than getting there because it means that you need to consistently beat teams that through down years in the past have a competitive advantage in terms of salary cap and draft position.

That being said nothing will stop the GOAT talk from coming up because fans love to have their own identity somewhat intertwined with things of historic proportion. And where can the Chiefs fans and the media go once "first ballot HoF" is a stale term ?
Good post. To your last point/question, Brady is the standard. His accomplishments. To Mahomes credit, he said he is playing to try to catch Brady.

This is pretty interesting. I can see why a lot of non-affiliated states are going Bills. I'm not sure why Oregon or Utah would be GB states and I'm especially confused that Colorado would be pro Chiefs.

Also I'd love to know if Drew Brees is rooting for/against anybody this weekend.

EsNT0_gXMAEEGLV
Any respectible Donks fan hates the Chefs with the power of 1000 suns. That being said there are sooo many transplants here now you could make an argument for Green Bay or the Bills. The Donks fan does not care enough to watch and will go skiing that day instead.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back