PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SB Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minneapolis is only a 22-hour drive from eastern Mass., 18 hours from Philly. Easily done in two days. If tickets dropped in my lap I'd have no qualms about driving.

Ive driven to 5 Super Bowls without tixs. Houston, Jax, Indy, Phoenix x 2. This one is 6 hours away and Im notching in #6.

I drove 17 hours straight to a snow covered Flagstaff Az, got a room at the roach motel and then drove down to the desert the next AM. Spring time in the desert and quite a site if you ever get the chance.

Driving takes longer and is tiring, but you have a car when you arrive at point B. Can leave when you want and get to see some of the country.

Ok - I am forgetting my own advice and have made my reservations to go to Minneapolis. Still waiting to buy tix while the prices continue to drop. If you go about an hour outside where the SB is being played you usually can find regularly (and reasonably) priced accomodations. You'll just have to drive for about an hour to get to the game, but I usually do that anyway (don't forget to get a parking pass somewhere).

I parked for free at 2 Super Bowls. I paid in Phoenix, but it wasnt that bad IIRC. They got you on beer at $20 a pop once they had you in their clutches. I was less than 1 mile away in Jax and the same for Indy. Parking near the stadium in Indy was $700 for premium spots. Thats not buying the spot either.

Its a myth that there are no affordable rooms, rental cars and parking at these Super Bowls.

Fake news.

Last edited:
I parked for free at 2 Super Bowls. I paid in Phoenix, but it wasnt that bad IIRC. They got you on beer at $20 a pop once they had you in their clutches. I was less than 1 mile away in Jax and the same for Indy. Parking near the stadium in Indy was $700 for premium spots. Thats not buying the spot either.

Its a myth that there are no affordable rooms, rental cars and parking at these Super Bowls.

Fake news.
I was looking around and found a parking garage in Minneapolis for $20 that said it is .5 miles from the stadium. You can also park at the Mall of America and take a shuttle for $20 or so (although we have 4 people, so the garage would be better). I'm just a little worried about the temperature for that .5 mile walk, although I walked over a mile to Gillette recently in similar temps. I parked for $50 in AZ and it was a short walk to the stadium. I think the city owns the parking there (or at least did where I parked) and kept the prices down. I can't remember paying too huge for parking anywhere. In NO in 2001-2 we flew in the morning of the game and were really early to the stadium/city as we had no where else to go. We actually had to go up to the guy running the parking lot as he had waved us in, but forgot to collect the funds. He thanked us for being honest. So, I almost got to park for free at a SB ;-)

Last edited:
Ive driven to 5 Super Bowls without tixs. Houston, Jax, Indy, Phoenix x 2. This one is 6 hours away and Im notching in #6.

I drove 17 hours straight to a snow covered Flagstaff Az, got a room at the roach motel and then drove down to the desert the next AM. Spring time in the desert and quite a site if you ever get the chance.

Driving takes longer and is tiring, but you have a car when you arrive at point B. Can leave when you want and get to see some of the country.
My thoughts exactly! My friend and I drove through the NV/AZ dessert from Las Vegas to Phoenix and it was great. Have you had trouble buying tix anywhere but Phoenix (assuming you had trouble there)? I have never gone without tix and am a little nervous. How close to face have you paid waiting that long?

Minneapolis/St Paul is supposed have some great restaurants.

On the casual side and for some reason, Cheeseburgers are the local fare and the cities claim to fame. The Juicy Lucy. I always check out "Man vs Food" and " Diners, Drive in and Dives" for info whenever visiting a new city. The hole in the wall, regular folk places suit me fine.

Obviously there is also fine dining for the upper crust Pats fan as well. My sister spent some time there for work and visited some unique restaurants with great food for a reasonable fee. The time honored cliche " You get what you pay for" rings true as ever.

I was looking around and found a parking garage in Minneapolis for $20 that said it is .5 miles from the stadium. You can also park at the Mall of America and take a shuttle for $20 or so (although we have 4 people, so the garage would be better). I'm just a little worried about the temperature for that .5 mile walk, although I walked over a mile to Gillette recently in similar temps. I parked for $50 in AZ and it was a short walk to the stadium. I think the city owns the parking there (or at least did where I parked) and kept the prices down. I can't remember paying too huge for parking anywhere. In NO in 2001-2 we flew in the morning of the game and were really early to the stadium/city as we had no where else to go. We actually had to go up to the guy running the parking lot as he had waved us in, but forgot to collect the funds. He thanked us for being honest. So, I almost got to park for free at a SB ;-)

Nice work.

My cousin and I went to the Pittsburgh game and went down to the stadium for intel the day before kickoff. We met a guy who told us that not all parking is reserved and that 20 or so stragglers get to park in the gold lot on a first come first serve basis.

Guess where we parked? I could throw an empty beer can and hit Heinz stadium. The cost was around $30 bucks. We brought the guy a big calzone as a token of thanks.

My thoughts exactly! My friend and I drove through the NV/AZ dessert from Las Vegas to Phoenix and it was great. Have you had trouble buying tix anywhere but Phoenix (assuming you had trouble there)? I have never gone without tix and am a little nervous. How close to face have you paid waiting that long?

Houston - I never saw the first ticket for sale. Top price was rumored to be in the $1700 range which seems like a bargain today. NE fans outnumbered Carolina fans 80 - 20. Had to watch across the road at Papasitos with other NE fans.

Jax - Lots of Philly fans. Seemed like they outnumbered NE fans. Lowest ticket that I heard of was $3000. Out of my price range. I watched the game again at the Amsterdam bar across from the stadium.

Phoenix - Lots of Giants fans but seemed like a 50 - 50 split. Say what you want about NYers but they waited and drove prices down. I met a character from Boston whose Dad worked on the Fenway grounds crew. He met a couple from Baltimore and the guy was an ESPN media for that city. Day before the game he was notified that he had to work the game and couldnt use the ticket. I bought it for $1000 face value was $700 IIRC. 50 yard line 3rd level but in that stadium 3rd level is like 2nd level because the field is recessed into the ground. I sat next to his wife who was the sweetest person in the world.

The drought

Indy - Giants fans again so I liked my chances. They would not budge on over paying. I bought my ticket 30 minutes before kickoff for $1000 again from a ticket broker from Canada. He called me when he couldnt unload the ticket. I had his business card so we were in contact during the week. Face was $900. The seat was about 30 yard line 2nd level loge. Nice seat.

Phoenix- Seahawks fans are idiots. They drove prices up. Prices were $6 - 9 thousand for nosebleeds. I watched the game at the NE fan club and had to get there at 7:30 AM to secure a good seat.

I do not regret going to a single Super Bowl and would encourage you all to go. Find a way. Sell a kidney. You only live once and Brady and Belichick will never happen again.

Last edited:
I really wanted to go but only have about 1000 bucks I can spend on a ticket. This thread has my jaw hitting the floor. I really want to see Brady once in a SB in my life, and realize this could very well be my last chance. I've seen him play twice in person in the regular season, and he is amazing. Would love to throw my voice behind him at the big game.

I really wanted to go but only have about 1000 bucks I can spend on a ticket. This thread has my jaw hitting the floor. I really want to see Brady once in a SB in my life, and realize this could very well be my last chance. I've seen him play twice in person in the regular season, and he is amazing. Would love to throw my voice behind him at the big game.
It truly is sad that the AVERAGE fan is shut out of the Super Bowl financially. If a person makes really good money they can make it happen, but for most of us it's a significant sacrifice.

Jax - Lots of Philly fans. Seemed like they outnumbered NE fans.

do you think like i do, that they will outnumber this year too ?

It truly is sad that the AVERAGE fan is shut out of the Super Bowl financially. If a person makes really good money they can make it happen, but for most of us it's a significant sacrifice.

Im not rich. Yet.

I just worry about paying for it later. Ive gone and showered at a truck stop and slept on an air mattress in the back of my truck We are entering a boom economy and era of prosperity.

That is all that I will spend on a ticket.

Singles and sometimes easier to get because most want 2 side by side. Go, its more than the game itself. Ive met Moose Johnson, Jon Gruden, Jim Kelly, Matt Hasselback. Drew Brees walked right passed me. Im taller than he is. Schefter passed by me. Subway Jared was in the lobby where I was. He is a doosh. Figures hes making licence plates now.

Don Schula is another axxhole who got us kicked out of the media hotel. Nomar was there. Lynn Swan.

I have gone to the last two superbowls. But never into the game. We park where we can see the stadium and tailgate. We watch the game on a tv borrowed from walmart, buy a cheap little grill and Styrofoam coolers.

Had a blast the last two. I think we just decided not to do it this year because....well its Minnesota and watching the game from a heated underground garage just doesn't have the same appeal as being next to the stadium.

Phoenix- Seahawks fans are idiots. They drove prices up. Prices were $6 - 9 thousand for nosebleeds. I watched the game at the NE fan club and had to get there at 7:30 AM to secure a good seat.
I got screwed out of seeing my first SB three years ago vs SEA, all because of the ridiculous ticket prices. I had already secured lodging which required something like a 500 dollar deposit, which luckily I was able to sell to another fan here on patsfans or I would’ve been even worse off.

The lousiest part of all of it was that it was my 40th birthday, and seeing that game live would’ve been a pretty cool experience. Sadly, it wasn’t meant to be. Just couldn’t afford those kinds of outrageous prices. Still kicking myself for not going to Indy, although it would’ve sucked a bit with the way the game turned out.

do you think like i do, that they will outnumber this year too ?
I think that it’s fairly obvious that any team would outnumber our fans at this point, and the fact that it’s a bit of a rabid fan base only heightens my belief.

It’s not like the average neutral fan will want to see another boring Pats victory too, which obviously doesn’t help. I keep hearing about how much PHI fans travel versus NE. I hope that’s wrong. It’s good to see some of the posters here making the trip.

Well, instead of decreasing in value, ticket prices have gone UP $1000 since Sunday. Sigh. I am hoping they drop by the end of the week when I head out there. Anybody got any leads for me for reasonably priced tickets ($2,500 or less)? I am looking for 4. Thanks and PM me if you can!

Well, instead of decreasing in value, ticket prices have gone UP $1000 since Sunday. Sigh. I am hoping they drop by the end of the week when I head out there. Anybody got any leads for me for reasonably priced tickets ($2,500 or less)? I am looking for 4. Thanks and PM me if you can!

Ya i noticed that...demand is getting high right now...last year was much cheaper

i am thinking to make the craziest thing ever in my life...coming to a Super Bowl...

let's see if i am able to do that...

there are some problems but it is something i am considerating seriously...

overall the cost of doing this thing is REALLY HUGE...flight + overnight + ticket of the game

also the weather looks extremely cold...but this i hope it will be manageable

the overall cost is the main matter :D

let's keep each other informed about who is coming and perhaps we can met too there somewhere on sunday before the game ;)

it would be the 7th time i see the Patriots

i have seen 4 times Pats @ Foxboro and the two games in London

i am thinking to make the craziest thing ever in my life...coming to a Super Bowl...

let's see if i am able to do that...

there are some problems but it is something i am considerating seriously...

overall the cost of doing this thing is REALLY HUGE...flight + overnight + ticket of the game

also the weather looks extremely cold...but this i hope it will be manageable

the overall cost is the main matter :D

let's keep each other informed about who is coming and perhaps we can met too there somewhere on sunday before the game ;)

it would be the 7th time i see the Patriots

i have seen 4 times Pats @ Foxboro and the two games in London
Aren't you waiting kind of late? The flight alone will take up a full day. Good luck, let us know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes