PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SB halftime performance

I feel like every year people complain that "It was the worst halftime EVAH!" Dudes, it's a 15 minute show that they have to be able to setup, perform, and tear down in 35 minutes total. It's as much about being able to advertise the artists leading up to the game as it is the actual performance. It's not like anyone paid hundreds of dollars just for the halftime show. If you don't like it, do what I do: Walk the dog and take an extended bathroom break.
The end of yr post is the right answer for this year half time show

I thought it was pretty good, and I am an old fogie who doesn't like rap music. I do like Mary J. Blige. I thought the worst was the Kid Rock/Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake debacle in 2003, followed closely by the Black Eyed Peas whenever they were.
Black Eyed Peas were horrible. The Weeknd was bad last year.

I'm not a fan of the culture so to me it was pretty bad. There have been worse but this was pretty bad. Artistically speaking it was a **** show.

Think how bad you have to be as a Super Bowl performer when they are all lip-synching.

I'm not a fan of the culture so to me it was pretty bad. There have been worse but this was pretty bad. Artistically speaking it was a **** show.
Imagine paying $5k for SB tix seats and your seat location (half the stadium) provides you a halftime view of the back of a house.

50 Cent looks more like a buck fiddy these days...I wish for once these NFL suckups would leave their SJW bubble and really freak on the whole country...Sex Pistols, Ramones, Green Day and GnR....phuck the game, end it at halftime

From what I saw on YouTube the commercials were even worse. And they weren’t even good on top of that
Commercials haven’t been funny for the Super Bowl in years. Companies are too worried about offending people to make commercials that are the least bit humorous.

top 7
Joshua Tree
War
Rattle & Hum
Unforgettable Fire
Achtung Baby
October
Boy
Rattle and Hum was very good. I can listen to "Heartland" on repeat for hours on end.

October was a very good follow up to Boy. Def in top 7. It's ahead of anything post Achtung Baby.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Yeah, I never really got the fascination with Achtung Baby, but I like “Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses” and “Mysterious Ways”.

I do believe they were at their best in their early post-punk days.
WGRYWH is a great song. Give "Ultraviolet" another chance. It's prob my fav on AB.

...and it goes without saying its total and complete BS Metallica hasn't performed.

The Paul McCartney Live and Let Die halftime was pretty cool, right? anyone? no? Withdrawn....
from 39?

that show was awesome, tbh... even though our seats were kinda crappy

For whom the bell tolls
Master of Puppets
Enter Sandman

Now that's a halftime show worth stickin around for
Yea they'd need to blend in the core songs with the bubble gum stuff.

I mean they had the Peppers in 2011...no reason they can't have Metallica.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back