PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SB halftime performance

50 Cent looked so uncomfortable lol, he was a one hit wonder way back and is more of a businessman than a rapper.. He's worth A LOT of money, he started Vitamin Water and some other successful business ventures

50 Cent looked so uncomfortable lol, he was a one hit wonder way back and is more of a businessman than a rapper.. He's worth A LOT of money, he started Vitamin Water and some other successful business ventures
50 isn’t a one hit wonder. I agree he looks like 1 Dollar now, though.

His CPA told him youre now 25 Cent.

I liked it. #1 is and probably always will be U2 for SB36

I thought it was okay. The set and production was really great imo. Maybe I hyped it up too much in my own head, but I thought with Eminem and Lamar involved, at least one of em was gonna spit fire. Instead it was just a retread of all the same **** many of us was listening to in middle/high school. Between the commercials and the halftime show though, damn do I feel old. All of my generations stars looked like shriveled up bags with make up caked on. Oh, and I almost forgot. I was really disappointed with Mary J’s performance. She seems to not have any power or depth to her voice anymore.

My favorite SuperBowl musical performance of all time, though, has to be Aerosmith in Houston in February '05.

Both Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree were great albums. U2 went to crap after that.
Yeah, I never really got the fascination with Achtung Baby, but I like “Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses” and “Mysterious Ways”.

I do believe they were at their best in their early post-punk days.

he was a one hit wonder way back
He wasn’t a one hit wonder. I thought he had fizzled out after his second album, but he’s had some success.

Having Britney Spears and NSYNC perform with them ruined it for me.
That was in '01 - I'm talking about '05 in Houston. It wasn't the halftime show - that was Janet Jackson's nipple - but at the after-game party.

True story: we were in the ballroom with a very good cover band playing when Kid Rock and Keith Urban walked in...and began singing "Sweet Home Alabama" with the cover band sing at one of the stand-up tables like 20 feet from us. Everyone was partying and dancing around and hte guy behind me was high-fiving everyone - turns out it was Larry Izzo.

I said to him, "it can't get better than this"...he leaned over and whispered "Wanna bet? Aerosmith is setting up in the next room."

My buddy and I went right over - the room was pretty much empty. Just roadies setting up the equipment. We went up to the stage and my buddy rushed off to get us some drinks.

So, I'm standing 10 feet from the stage when suddenly a swarm of beautiful young women dressed to the nines comes rushing up all around me (Pats cheerleaders) and then Aerosmith starts playing "Train Kept a'Rolling" right there, 10 feet in front of me. Yeah, that memory will follow me into the ground.

PS. And yes, I set this up for the humblebrag, because that was a lifetime highlight.

That's gonna be a no from me dawg.
It's all good, we like what we like. I rarely listen to rap anymore, but when I did, I liked the old school artists.

I feel like every year people complain that "It was the worst halftime EVAH!" Dudes, it's a 15 minute show that they have to be able to setup, perform, and tear down in 35 minutes total. It's as much about being able to advertise the artists leading up to the game as it is the actual performance. It's not like anyone paid hundreds of dollars just for the halftime show. If you don't like it, do what I do: Walk the dog and take an extended bathroom break.

It's all good, we like what we like. I rarely listen to rap anymore, but when I did, I liked the old school artists.
I'm just busting your chops. IMO Kendrick is one of a handful of mainstream rappers who can actually hang with the old school artists. If they really wanted to blow the doors off though they would've gotten someone like Travis Scott.

My favorite half time show was that Katy Perry one during the Pats-Seahwaks SB. There were several reasons to enjoy it... the music was pretty good, Katy is quite pretty, she actually sang and she was a Seahawks fan, so it was fun to have her perform and then watch the Pats squash her team's soul.

If the Pats had lost, my opinion would likely change. :)

BTW - when I want a smile, I can always play the video of one of the songs she played that night. Brings back great memories of Butler's pick.

Agree 100%

I thought it was pretty good, and I am an old fogie who doesn't like rap music. I do like Mary J. Blige. I thought the worst was the Kid Rock/Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake debacle in 2003, followed closely by the Black Eyed Peas whenever they were.

Reactions: Ian

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back