PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Say Goodbye To Van Noy

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF Brady left I would bet his new team would be more than happy to give up a mid to late round pick to give Tom a familiar face. And in that scenario the Pats would be foolish not to accept.
Thank you

IF Brady left I would bet his new team would be more than happy to give up a mid to late round pick to give Tom a familiar face. And in that scenario the Pats would be foolish not to accept.
Is this Bobby Grier?

KVN has been great, but we won't pay top dollar for him in free agency.
He might pull a Jamie Collins, get overpaid by a bad team and later comeback for cheap
If is to pay top dollar, let's pay Thuney.

They didn't overpay Logan Ryan. He's been a stud for them.

Ok thats 1. But they did overpay for butler and Lewis. And back in the day Givens (although injuries derailed his career)

OK its fine for him to say this.
BUT couldn't he wait until the season is over????

He knows damn well he will get paid. Bringing it up at this point does nothing to help the team as they prepare for Tennessee.

He could have just said "right now all my focus is on the Titans, compensation issues will be dealt with after the season is over"

Grier can draft receivers better than anyone in this office
If BB had drafted Hart Lee Dykes and Kevin Lee this place would have exploded

Ok thats 1. But they did overpay for butler and Lewis. And back in the day Givens (although injuries derailed his career)
Ryan had close to a pro bowl year but 2017 and 2018 were just ok.

Not sure he's a $10m year guy YoY

OK its fine for him to say this.
BUT couldn't he wait until the season is over????

He knows damn well he will get paid. Bringing it up at this point does nothing to help the team as they prepare for Tennessee.

He could have just said "right now all my focus is on the Titans, compensation issues will be dealt with after the season is over"

"We have a chance to go on a revenge tour." The Patriots will have payback on their minds in Saturday night's playoff matchup with the Titans.

Not surprisingly, he was able to talk about both the playoffs and his contract situation. And neither comment will impact the team's ability to prepare for Tennessee.

Not surprisingly, he was able to talk about both the playoffs and his contract situation. And neither comment will impact the team's ability to prepare for Tennessee.

No one knows for sure how it will impact him or his younger teammates who are playing on cheap $$$. It may have no effect, but completely unnecessary at this time.

Ryan had close to a pro bowl year but 2017 and 2018 were just ok.

Not sure he's a $10m year guy YoY

I’m iffy on that one. Especially since they overpaid butler. A lot of money invested into their secondary.

If a player can cash in - that's great IMO.

Last edited:
No one knows for sure how it will impact him or his younger teammates who are playing on cheap $$$. It may have no effect, but completely unnecessary at this time.

On what planet is saying the equivalent of "I want to be back, but I want to get paid", in the year 2019, supposed to impact game preparation?

I'm curious, because it sure as hell isn't planet Earth.

I’m iffy on that one. Especially since they overpaid butler. A lot of money invested into their secondary.
Malcolm was a major overpay.

If Ryan's 2019 was in 2017 people would have been ok with it. I do agree. It is iffy

Which is why I said Roll with Stidham and use the cap to improve the offense.
Keeping defensive pieces in place the secondary needs to stay near intact.
Would love Devin back don’t know if the cap is feasible.
Think of this and this is honestly scary if Josh leaves chances are Tom is leaving if Tom leaves my guess is Edelman would went to go with him especially if it’s home to California.

Are people here seriously considering Stidham as our starting QB next year? I mean, why not Hoyer?

On what planet is saying the equivalent of "I want to be back, but I want to get paid", in the year 2019, supposed to impact game preparation?

I'm curious, because it sure as hell isn't planet Earth.

It likely won't have any negative impact. Just not necessary during a week where the D just choked big time against one of the worst teams at home in a game that likely cost them the chance for a Super Bowl.

It wasn't necessary and is less than ideal optics.

If we can let Trey Flower walk, I don't see why we can't do they same with Van Noy.

Agree on the rest. I was devastated to see Givens go lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back