PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Say Goodbye To Van Noy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said keeping our key FA would be a huge success what is rather impossible. With our salary situation I have stopped dreaming about big FA names joining Pats in 2020. After the season ends I hope Andrews is back and absolutne priority is to keep Thuney.

I may be wrong but I expect a bloodletting this offseason. Possibly including the QB. The interesting one to me is Sanu, cutting him would save over $6M. But that would make an already bad trade look even worse.
You’re not going to be wrong. Unless something changes in the postseason, Van Noy has been talking more than producing of late. I think he’ll price himself out of New England if that’s what he wants. Sanu has been useless. Desperation trade because the front office **** the bed two years in a row at the WR position and missed on some options in the draft at TE. He’s likely gone too.

I may be wrong but I expect a bloodletting this offseason. Possibly including the QB. The interesting one to me is Sanu, cutting him would save over $6M. But that would make an already bad trade look even worse.

We've already lost the 2nd round pick. No reason to keep him around just because of sunk cost. If the team thinks he can't get better with an off-season to work out it, show him the door.

No tears shed for KVN leaving. He has morphed into the type of player we should not want around. Me first, not accountable. "We're 8-1, that's still pretty good right?" Imagine if he had said that after the 52 loss to Phi. "We were still AFC champs, that's pretty good right?" No, Kyle. You admit you lost, you admit you made mistakes, you don't talk about how you're excited to get paid when the season ends or how a Revenge Tour is coming up.

Good f***ing riddance, Boogeyman.

KVN deserves every last cent. Hope it’s here. I wonder if they’ll tag him.
You think he’s worth $16 million next season?

I dont think this team is going to be the same anymore. Too many pieces are leaving and Brady is too old to retool around him...

It doesn't help that we seem to have an assistant coach get a HC position every single year and they poach a bunch of our lower level assistants when leaving

Do Titans have the cap space?

He played our starting tackle and made a huge play he’s a nice cheap building piece.
...who will most likely be in someone else's TC next year

For anyone interested, this is the easiest look at cap space:

New England Patriots Salary Cap | Over the Cap (click on the 2020 tab).

Some savings (from good players):

Hightower - $8.875M
Sanu - $6.5M
Chung - $2M
J. McCourty - $4M
Harmon - $4.25M
Gostkowski - $3.8M
Burkhead - $3M
Andrews - $3.4M

I'm NOT suggesting we will, or should, cut them all. But it's interesting that it adds up to about $36M in savings. That would put us close to $80M in cap space (somewhat fake as even minimum salaries to fill the roster would eat into that).

Trading a 33 year old slot for what exactly? No.
IF Brady left I would bet his new team would be more than happy to give up a mid to late round pick to give Tom a familiar face. And in that scenario the Pats would be foolish not to accept.

KVN should worry about saturday.
Him and Gilmore are getting a little too ****y for my liking lately. Get the Chiefs up and outta here and then start talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back