PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Santonio Holmes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenkins, Wilfork, and T Warren on the DLine, rested by G Warren, Brace and a 1st Round pick? Everyone stays rested and opposing OLs are destroyed. Why would we want Jenkins - IF he stays healthy we want him.

jenkins is unstoppable if healthy, and with wilfork? that would be a ridiculous DLine. Thank god it will never happen hahaha.

Santonio = D'bag

Randy Moss = Santonio x 10

BB makes an exception every now and then.

jenkins is unstoppable if healthy, and with wilfork? that would be a ridiculous DLine. Thank god it will never happen hahaha.

Now's the part where you attach a guesstimate % chance that Jenkins could actually stay healthy for more than, say, 8 games ;).

I'd put it at 10%

He's not your typical patriot, just thought I'd see you what you guys think. I would not want edwards though. He drops too many passes and he gets into trouble all the time. I think Holmes' only violation was the pot possession if I recall correctly.

Edwards only has 2 drops this year and never has gotten any form of NFL punishment. Holmes is a failed drug test away from being sat for the entire season

As much as I like him and what he can bring to the offense, I think he may not be a good cultural fit for the Pats.

I would think that he would be somewhat affordable but I don't have a good feel for what his contract demands may be.

Last edited:
Holmes is a top flight receiver, and top flight teammate.

I don't know why anyone wouldn't want him?

Edwards only has 2 drops this year and never has gotten any form of NFL punishment. Holmes is a failed drug test away from being sat for the entire season

Is there a reason you're here? You're just so bored that you visit opposing teams' boards of the team you root for?

By the way, Edwards has had more "situation" occur than Holmes, I guess they have just been more minor so there is no NFL punishment. Holmes had the ONE situation where he got in trouble.

I would rather have him than the idiot Edwards who fights with his teamates in Cleveland, talks out against his coaches in Cleveland, taunts opposing players when it's unprovoked, etc. The guy is a clown and nothing less. He doesn't represent anything the Patriots stand for, especially CLASS.

Is there a reason you're here? You're just so bored that you visit opposing teams' boards of the team you root for?

By the way, Edwards has had more "situation" occur than Holmes, I guess they have just been more minor so there is no NFL punishment. Holmes had the ONE situation where he got in trouble.

I would rather have him than the idiot Edwards who fights with his teamates in Cleveland, talks out against his coaches in Cleveland, taunts opposing players when it's unprovoked, etc. The guy is a clown and nothing less. He doesn't represent anything the Patriots stand for, especially CLASS.

what are you talking about with Edwards? If anything Holmes taunts people.
Who cares anyway? Every team has jerkoffs.

Btw Holmes has been in ALOT more trouble than Edwards. Weed twice, throwing a drink in some girls face at a bar, disorderly conduct(when he was a rookie AFTER HE GOT DRAFTED, and then got ARRESTED AGAIN 1month LATER for domestic assault.) He has told people to "kill themselves" on twitter, and writes "wake and bake". He does alot of dumbass ****.

Last edited:
what are you talking about with Edwards? If anything Holmes taunts people.
Who cares anyway? Every team has jerkoffs.

Btw Holmes has been in ALOT more trouble than Edwards. Weed twice, throwing a drink in some girls face at a bar, disorderly conduct(when he was a rookie AFTER HE GOT DRAFTED, and then got ARRESTED AGAIN 1month LATER for domestic assault.) He has told people to "kill themselves" on twitter, and writes "wake and bake". He does alot of dumbass ****.

LOL. I remember that. What a nitwit.

I don't want Holmes simply because of that stupid First Down celebration. Sticking your arm out and dropping the ball? Dude, that's not even creative AND it just makes the ref bend down to get the ball.

Ask the Steelers

Yep. After a year of settling down the locker room, the last thing the Pats need to do is add a malcontent. Randy Moss is going to Canton and was worth the risk. This guy is very good, but not worth the risk.

I think Holmes is too much of a nitwit. Edwards, even though he's had some off field incidents, seems a little brighter and is a big target. He seems like the type that could mature in the right setting.

alg_santonio_holmes.jpg

I'm not sure if he's that bad a personality. The guy likes to smoke pot and that's really been his biggest drawback.

At this point though, you have to look at the fact the guy is one joint away from a one-year suspension. It would be tough to bring him in, make him the focal point of the offense and then lose him.

I know all about his problems but the guy is a heck of a receiver. Just watch the Superbowl from two years ago and how many clutch catches he made this season. He not only makes a great catch to get the first down that should have end of the game (but called back due to holding in the endzone). I think he made 5 catches on that last drive with the last one being a beauty.

With that said I doubt BB would offer the kind of money other teams will to get this guy or even offer at all. He is a great young WR who hopefully will change his ways but under the right coach maybe able to turn things around.

Ask the Steelers

The reason Holmes was traded was because Big Ben (allegedly) raped a girl in a bathroom and they struck gold with Mike Wallace. If those two events did not converge, Holmes would still be a Steeler.

Holmes drops too many passes.

God I hate the offseason.....I am so depressed when I think about football...

The reason Holmes was traded was because Big Ben (allegedly) raped a girl in a bathroom and they struck gold with Mike Wallace. If those two events did not converge, Holmes would still be a Steeler.

Maybe but it's not a certainty. You did leave out that Holmes failed a drug test (his second strike or was it his third?) and was slapped with a 4-game suspension before the Steelers traded him. He was also going to be a UFA at the end of the year which definitely factored into the decision.

He could help the Pats. But he is a big risk - more because of his history of failed drug tests than his personality.

If they get Holmes I will lose serious respect for the franchise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back