PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints @ Panthers Monday Night

Only 12 points for the Saints? So... Brees... Cliff?

Cam is tough to judge for me. I've seen him gut it out and make great throws but have also seen him flounder and flop around on the biggest stage. I don't know.
The thing is he's in like his 5th year. Not sure he deserves the benefit of the doubt anymore. If you don't have consistency you're inconsistent. If you're inconsistent you're probably not a good QB.

The thing is he's in like his 5th year. Not sure he deserves the benefit of the doubt anymore. If you don't have consistency you're inconsistent. If you're inconsistent you're probably not a good QB.

Good point.

@Wheelman if you think the touchback rule isn't extremely 'unusual' then you have to explain yourself.

Actually it is his 8th year I believe. Auburn won the national title with him in the 2010 season.

@Wheelman if you think the touchback rule isn't extremely 'unusual' then you have to explain yourself.
Hold on to the ****ing ball. It's not that hard. It's a very deserving consequence. I really didn't need to explain this but I just wanted to vent.

Hold on to the ****ing ball. It's not that hard. It's a very deserving consequence. I really didn't need to explain this but I just wanted to vent.

So fumble out of bounds anywhere on the field = You get the ball back

Fumble out of bounds but it happens to go slightly forward and cross the plane = Other team gets the ball right when you're about to score

o_O

Why make the rule different in that highly specific case? Just give them the ball back on the 1, or the 10, or something. Or give all fumbles out of bounds to the other team. It's just very strange to have it different in that (frequently game deciding) circumstance.

So fumble out of bounds anywhere on the field = You get the ball back

Fumble out of bounds but it happens to go slightly forward and cross the plane = Other team gets the ball right when you're about to score

o_O

Why make the rule different in that highly specific case? Just give them the ball back on the 1, or the 10, or something. Or give all fumbles out of bounds to the other team. It's just very strange to have it different in that (frequently game deciding) circumstance.
Hold on to the ****ing ball man. Is it so hard? No I didn't read what I just quoted.

On Monday Night Football, every time they say, "Let's go to our rules expert Jeff Triplette." I involuntarily yell "HAHA!" really loud. That is the ultimate oxy-MORON right there, but it was even more ironic last night. He was the ref who screwed the Pats on that same touchback play in the 2005 playoff game in Denver when Ben Watson ran down Champ Bailey for 99 yards and punched the ball out at the 1, through the endzone. Instead of giving the Pats the ball on the 20, good ole "wouldn't know the rules if they punched me in the face" Triplette gave the ball to the Broncos on the 1. Even more ironic, Ben Watson was also on the field last night, for the Saints.

They never recovered after that Denver super bowl. I complain a lot so I watched this game to be reminded of what truly bad football looks like. Cam is huggy bear off starsky and hutch
They were 11-5 last year and almost came back and beat the Saints in the playoffs in NO

Brees is very good, no doubt, but these splits tell me he's a bit different in his dome than out of it:

Drew Brees splits

Christian MacAffrey’s trick play screwed my chances of winning my fantasy league. So pi$$ed this morning.

Christian MacAffrey’s trick play screwed my chances of winning my fantasy league. So pi$$ed this morning.
I needed cam newton to score 5 pts to win this week in my FF league and he scored 4. :mad:

I was at the game last night. Panthers fans were cursing and screaming at him for not making throws beyong 2-3 yds. Most of them were saying he hurt his should 2-3 weeks ago and it definitely looked like it. He didn't even warm up pre-game. He was being his usual self while everyone of his teammates was warming up. He was just goofing around making silly faces and trying to get the crowd pumped up. He didn't seem to be interested at all. Credit to Panthers D for keeping them in the game till the end.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back