PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Saints fans not afraid of Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
were unable to keep up the defensive pressure late in the game
Well, I have faith in this Defense. As good a unit as I've seen in a few years, and improving. They absolutely handled the Jest last week, (who beat us once this year). They did an inspiring job against Indy IMO.
and on offense they showed balls of STEEL.
A shame it didn't work out.

Let them wag their tongues. This Patriots team has rolled over and choked ONCE, at the jest early in the season. (Been so long, I can't even remember that game.)
So let Sean Payton make his phone calls to Mr. BigHead, let the fans take this game lightly, and let the Saints see the bright lights of the Superbowl all week long. Every dog has his day.
38-35, Pats.

Statistically PATs should win this game.

Saints Offense:
gets about 48% more points than the opposition's D average
game points allowed.

Saints Defense:
allows about 10% more points than the opposition's ave weekly score.

(Saints vs Opposition game eliminated when determining averages for opposition team)

Give Saints 3 pts for home field advantage

If both teams are on their averages
Saints score 27 pts PATs score 31 points

If Saints are really banged up on defense give PATs 7 to 10 more points.
If PATs get their injured D guys back limit Saints to 24 points

Last edited:
It should be a great game.

However, a few odd things:

One mediot noted that Monday will have Brady in the Superdome and he will not be prepared for reality of playing a big game in that facility. Big games in the Superdome?

What's up with the idea of the Saints having Randall Gay and David Thomas? Did everyone miss that they played for us?

I just waiting for posts saying we can't stop Kyle Eckel.

It should be a great game.

However, a few odd things:

One mediot noted that Monday will have Brady in the Superdome and he will not be prepared for reality of playing a big game in that facility. Big games in the Superdome?

What's up with the idea of the Saints having Randall Gay and David Thomas? Did everyone miss that they played for us?

I just waiting for posts saying we can't stop Kyle Eckel.

Gay injured his hamstring pre-game sunday so he may not play. Thomas however, had several receptions, about 65 yds and a TD.

We spread the ball around ( 17 different players with TDs this season ).

One thing that concerns me is Wes Welker. Our "wes", Lance Moore, who was our leading reciever last year, has been out for the majority of the season. Started with shoulder, then suffered a high ankle sprain in week 4 or 5- hasnt seen the field since. He is our slot guy and makes some of the most amazing catches for a 5'11" WR in traffic. He is of the welker mold and Drew has missed him this season. But we have an array of weapons that will pose a true threat for your DC. It will be interesting to see early on if they bring 5 to pressure Brees, or 4 and drop 7 into coverage.

Gay injured his hamstring pre-game sunday so he may not play. Thomas however, had several receptions, about 65 yds and a TD.

One thing that concerns me is Wes Welker. Our "wes", Lance Moore, who was our leading reciever last year, has been out for the majority of the season. Started with shoulder, then suffered a high ankle sprain in week 4 or 5- hasnt seen the field since. He is our slot guy and makes some of the most amazing catches for a 5'11" WR in traffic. He is of the welker mold and Drew has missed him this season. But we have an array of weapons that will pose a true threat for your DC. It will be interesting to see early on if they bring 5 to pressure Brees, or 4 and drop 7 into coverage.

Thanks for the update. My point is that typically teams don't "fear" players they let walk. Mcgowan has played very well for us but I wouldn't go to a Bears board lauding we have him.

Actuaaly, I like the way NO has got to 10-0. Blowing teams out is much better than 1 point wins based on bad spots and phantom PI calls.

This is not possible if you are talking about Brees spreading the ball around
to 17 different receivers.
According to NFL.com over 50% of Brees' 22 passing TDs went to just 2 players.

Last edited:
Saints fan in the house. Not here to bash Patriots, just here to talk some football. Any level headed takers???

Just gotta say...You've been waiting a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time.

Saints fan in the house. Not here to bash Patriots, just here to talk some football. Any level headed takers???

What would you like to talk about?

How about this to start.

How many points do you think PATs can get against your injured Defense?

How many points do you think your Offense can score agaisnt a defense
that has allowed an average of 16.4 points a game?

It's early, so I'm still relatively level headed.

This is a hard game to evaluate. How good are the defenses on two teams with dominating offenses ? Shootouts / blowouts really skew defensive stats, because defenses usually play differently than they would in a more evenly matched game.

How are the Saints for injuries ? The Pats, at one point last week, had 19 names on the list, but should be a little better this week.

I know this has been said, but the Saints have only played 2 teams with winning records. The Giants (and it turns out they weren't the SB contenders everyone thought they were) and the Eagles, who they absolutely killed.

I really don't know who will win this game, but if the Saints fans think it's a gimme, then they know nothing about football.

Well, we do play in the NFC so we will play far more NFc teams. Tell me, who from the NFC besides the Vikings, who's not on our schedule this year, would you say would be a good team that we haven't beaten. I can't think of one.

Patriots may score 30

Saints will score 40 on Patriots D

...there is a method to my madness

Well, we do play in the NFC so we will play far more NFc teams. Tell me, who from the NFC besides the Vikings, who's not on our schedule this year, would you say would be a good team that we haven't beaten. I can't think of one.

GB, Arizona....

I'm not saying they would beat you, but those are 2 good teams that you havent beaten. They would be good tests for you. The Cowboys game will be a good game too later in the year

Last edited:
BETTER YET....How Will The Pats Defense Secondary Fair Running around Like Chickens With Their Heads Cut off Trying to Figure out who to Match Up With?

HMMMM....LETS SEE

marques-colston.jpg

devery.jpg

1B2DABA0C08441EF83DB5C3FA7E90708.ashx

nfl_u_meachem1_sw_480.jpg

jeremy-shockey-saintsjpg-654dcd6800b5f7ad_large.jpg

reggiebushwk7.jpg

GOOD LUCK !!!

Thought you wanted to talk some football? :confused:

I'm hoping Springs will be available to bring his physicality against Colston
at the line.
That leaves Bolden for Henderson or Meachem . Then throw in Wilhite
and Butler as needed. PATs have good depth CB.
As for your TE's ... watch out for McGowan. He's done a pretty good
job against some top TEs.

Beliieve me, Belichick will have a good plan before the game starts. There
will be no running around like headless chickens. That scenario is for
your dreams alone.

I will say this - there is a great deal of respect in New Orleans for the New England Patriots. When you guys played here for the Superbowl everyone here was cheering for the Pats. I think the fact that you were playing the Rams had something to do with that. But, having watch ever Saints game this year it appears that they have YET to play on all cylinders. What I mean is...look at the first half of 4 out of our last 5 games and you will see that we gave up a tremendous amount of yards rushing, only to come back in the second half and totally dominate defensively. It almost seems that the coaching staff gives the opponent the opportunity to show EVERYTHING they have and come second half the opponent rarely makes the adjustments needed because no adjustments are obviously necessary - but we adjust and the results are normally unstoppable!!! It seems we are PLAYING/TOYING with our opponents.

Never thought I'd see the day when 'Aints fans talk smack. Good for them.

Can you see Kraft go on the field and dance while holding an umbrella? LOL

One thing I've noticed about Saints fans here and on saintsreport is that they all think our defense is god awful and theirs are world beaters. I didn't think it was possible to get so smug so quickly.

Patriots may score 30

Saints will score 40 on Patriots D

...there is a method to my madness

What is the that method that yields 40 points against the
#6 defense in the league if they are healthy?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes