Saints fans not afraid of Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Why is everyone so scared of the Patriots? - SaintsReport Community Forums

apparently they're not afraid of us since we won't be able to cover all their prolific receivers.

we are 5-1 against common opponents and they are 5-0: Tampa, NYJ, Buffalo, Miami, Atlanta.

Here are the stats from those games:

Patriots :

total points scored: 160

total points allowed: 81

If we discount the first Jet game to even the number of common games,
it's

total points scored: 151

total points allowed: 64

Saints:

total points scored: 170

total points allowed: 85

IMO it's seems like it's going to come down to their offense vs. our defense. They have been better at scoring than we have against the common opponents while we have been better on D. The miami game may be the most telling since it's recent - they gave up a 34 points to them but were also able to hang 46 on them.

Last edited:
The Saints shouldn't be afraid of the Patriots.

The Saints shouldn't be afraid of the Patriots.

Agreed. In their situation, I wouldn't be afraid either. Perfect record, and the Pats are 1-3 on the road, the only win coming on neutral turf (the Bucs game in London).

Interestingly enough, I'm not afraid of the Saints.

why? we've got a pretty good team. i'm not predicting a win or anything but we have a shot

That's exactly why. "Fear" would be more like how they would feel if they thought a Pats win was imminent. "Got a shot", as you describe, shows exactly why the Saints (and by extension their fans) should not 'fear' the Patriots. The Patriots won't be a pushover, and IMO have an even chance of winning the game, but "fear" is an incorrect word.

I love how everyone who doesn't follow the Patriots thinks that our D is "a shadow of its former self."

I think this current D is better than we've fielded in years.

The ****iness they portray is sickening. Not even the slightest worried. :eek:

Why SHOULD Saints FANS be AFRAID of the Patriots? Saints are 10-0 while the 7-3 Patriots have demonstrated a penchant for flat 3rd period performances that have cost them 3 games and is yet not fixed. The Patriots also showed that against an excellent offense in Indiana they were unable to keep up the defensive pressure late in the game and on offense they were unable to run out the clock.

Saints fans should not be afraid.

At 10-0 the Saints' fans shouldn't be afraid of their team playing anyone, but I think some of the comments in that thread were laughable.

"I'll give us the better RB
Equal in terms of QB
Equal in terms of offensive line
Pats the edge on WR (dept and skill)
Saints on DEF (wow whens the last time i said that)"

I would call that a fair assessment, Brady and Brees are equal THIS season. But then I read DEFENSE, and i laughed :p

Can a outsider fan from a team besides the pats/saints weigh in on the two defenses. I think the Saints defense is overrated...

I know this has been said, but the Saints have only played 2 teams with winning records. The Giants (and it turns out they weren't the SB contenders everyone thought they were) and the Eagles, who they absolutely killed.

I really don't know who will win this game, but if the Saints fans think it's a gimme, then they know nothing about football.

Equal in terms of QB

I would call that a fair assessment, Brady and Brees are equal THIS season. But then I read DEFENSE, and i laughed :p

Can a outsider fan from a team besides the pats/saints weigh in on the two defenses. I think the Saints defense is overrated...

It's extremely overrated and has yet to face a truly "elite" offense this season. The couple of good offenses that they have faced, the Giants and Eagles, put 27 and 22 on them.. respectively. I'd say our offense, second half woes considered, is better than those two. Of course, one could turn around and say the exact same thing about our defense.

EDIT: Reading that thread, one would have to wonder why the Pats will even bother to show up. Seems we don't have a snowball's chance in Hell to win that game...

Last edited:
Equal in terms of QB

Not equal in QB, Brees is good, but he is no Tom Brady... Edge Pats..

Not equal in QB, Brees is good, but he is no Tom Brady... Edge Pats..

Brees also has a tendency to struggle going against big defensive lines (which is what we have) and has had a tendency to throw a higher amount of INTs against them. Could be his size, could be that bigger D-Lines get better penetration against their line. I'm not sure.

Last edited:
It's extremely overrated and has yet to face a truly "elite" offense this season. The couple of good offenses that they have faced, the Giants and Eagles, put 27 and 22 on them.. respectively. I'd say our offense, second half woes considered, is better than those two. Of course, one could turn around and say the exact same thing about our defense.

EDIT: Reading that thread, one would have to wonder why the Pats will even bother to show up. Seems we don't have a snowball's chance in Hell to win that game...

Haha, one guy in the thread was like, "well they may have the best qb, best OL, best coach, best WRs, great defense, but we'll still win by double digits."

I can't wait for this game. It is the 2007 Patriots vs. the 2009 Patriots

It's amazing how quickly they've become an annoying arrogant fanbase, and living here you constantly hear how "we're the greatest fans, we've always stuck by our team even though we've been awful" which is #1, completely false, and #2 ridiculous, as if most teams, ours included, didn't have some terrible years. I used to enjoy going to the games but I can barely stand to be around them anymore, I hope we mop the floor with them come Monday night.

It's amazing how quickly some people forget and some just never knew, but to think they are going to run with ease and Brees' will pick apart the secondary all the while they don't think Tom Brady can light them up for 300 yards and 3-4 TD's is just plain .....D-U-M-B!

I believe this game will be close from beginning to end whoever has last possesion and/or the fewest turnovers will win this game. Do they think that this team doesn't know how to raise it a notch in big, prime-time games on the road under a dome?! DUH!:confused:

Well, I'm not scared of the Saints. So...

I know this has been said, but the Saints have only played 2 teams with winning records. The Giants (and it turns out they weren't the SB contenders everyone thought they were) and the Eagles, who they absolutely killed.

I really don't know who will win this game, but if the Saints fans think it's a gimme, then they know nothing about football.

Using this logic, who have the Pats played with a record over .500 ? Denver (loss) and Indy (loss)... not not mention a loss vs a non-500 team (Jets).

I don't blame them for not being scared. When following the 07 Pats, there wasn't a lot of fear in my heart when they played most Sundays.

I read through the entire thread and there were some realistic posts in there. Some arsehats too, but we have our share of them as does any NFL team message board.

I'm worried about this game. They are the best team I have seen this season but not nearly as dominant as some of their fans seem to think. I still think we have a real good chance to win. They have had some great escapes just like the Colts....maybe we catch fire this game and play a full 60 good minutes.

I read through the entire thread and there were some realistic posts in there. Some arsehats too, but we have our share of them as does any NFL team message board.

I'm worried about this game. They are the best team I have seen this season but not nearly as dominant as some of their fans seem to think. I still think we have a real good chance to win. They have had some great escapes just like the Colts....maybe we catch fire this game and play a full 60 good minutes.

I think the Colts are better. Saints reek of an overrated team that will either lose and crumble or be one and done in the playoffs. I don't see them outlasting elite physical teams like the Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes