PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad to see BB's legacy ripped apart like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say they were a good t-e-a-m. I said they had talent. Don't try to argue that Evans, Godwin, Marpet, Suh, JPP, White, Barrett, and David were not good players before Brady got there. Plus Brady recruited Gronk, Fournette, and Brown. It's not like the Bucs had no talent and Brady magically turned them into SB champs.
They were still 7-9. Added Brady and they won the Super Bowl. Not hard to do the math there.

And not just a different QB, but a rookie QB too. A rookie QB has never even made a Super Bowl game.
My dream is we make the super bowl beating both the Ravens and the Chiefs. That would be better than Christmas. LOL

Reactions: sb1
They were still 7-9. Added Brady and they won the Super Bowl. Not hard to do the math there.

Yes because they didn't have a QUARTERBACK. You know as well as I do what a difference a QB can make. Look at the Pats this year vs last year. At the end of the day, the Bucs had the most talented roster in the league last year. Can you say that about this year's Patriots? Probably not.

Yes because they didn't have a QUARTERBACK. You know as well as I do what a difference a QB can make. Look at the Pats this year vs last year. At the end of the day, the Bucs had the most talented roster in the league last year.
Exactly. They got the goat QB and added all those players like you said because of Brady and they got their second chip.

Exactly. They got the goat QB and added all those players like you said because of Brady and they got their second chip.

With that roster, the Bucs would have been successful, though not necessarily have won the Super Bowl, last year if they had mahomes, rodgers, etc. at QB.

So after Bill says “we were outcoached” after literally every loss, that’s also a fact?

“We were out-coached, out-played, out-everything’d, really,” Belichick said after the Patriots’ 24-3 loss Thursday.

Maybe this will get you to consider an honest argument and not a ******** one, but I won’t hold my breath. What’s next, Tom Brady says Aaron Rodgers is the best QB, so therefore that’s true?

Jesus, Team Bill is a clown show. I guess we need to go hire Doug Pederson or Tom Coughlin, based on this unbreakable argument.

It’s very clear who “ the clownshow “ are.

BB=GOAT

It's nice to see all the accolades that he's getting after what I thought was one of his best coaching jobs last year.

Tampa was 7-9 because the QB turned the ball over an unbelievable 40+ times.

All they needed was a QB to "only" turn it over 15-20 and it's a 12-4 team. They could have been SB champs if they got in the tournament and had their competition play worse than them. See 2020.

Brady wasn't the difference. Not having a historically bad QB was the difference.

Tampa needed QB play that wasn't borderline historically bad. That's what they got. To win the Super Bowl they needed to play less worse than their opponents.

Here we are.....current #1 seed in the AFC and game win streak and the Dummy Squad stays stuck on 2+2=5 stupid.

Sorry organizational schill. What Tom Brady did was amazing. Don't try to claim the Bucs were a good team when he joined. It was a 7-9 team that hadn't been to the playoffs since 2002, the longest playoff drought in the entire league at the time he joined. Totally new playbook, new terminology, all new receivers, no formal off-season training camp, then beat Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes in playoff succession including on the road.

To me, the most impressive thing about the Bucs' championship last year is that Brady had to overcome Bruce Arians's stupidity.

To me, the most impressive thing about the Bucs' championship last year is that Brady had to overcome Bruce Arians's stupidity.
Indeed, Arians demands no discipline, so his offenses, defenses, and special teams are all undisiplined/stupid. Brady and the OC Leftwich got the offense to play smart, and they overcame the other facets. I suppose it can happen again, because they are definitely better on offense.

Still, you can expect too many dead ball penalties, blown coverages, and false starts on the D, as well as mediocre special teams play.

It's not like the Bucs had no talent and Brady magically turned them into SB champs.

I hear you. The Bucs did magically turn from a 7-9 team despite all those player names, by adding the GOAT QB and then winning a Superbowl the following year despite not having made the playoffs for 18 seasons prior. And beating all major challengers in Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes. It was an amazing accomplishment that probably only the GOAT QB could have done.

Indeed, Arians demands no discipline, so his offenses, defenses, and special teams are all undisiplined/stupid. Brady and the OC Leftwich got the offense to play smart, and they overcame the other facets. I suppose it can happen again, because they are definitely better on offense.

Still, you can expect too many dead ball penalties, blown coverages, and false starts on the D, as well as mediocre special teams play.

The worst thing is that Arians then goes to the media and blames the players for playing stupid.

I was watching the Bucs game on Sunday and he said it to the sideline reporter at half time. He does it all the time. "We have to stop being stupid". How about you coach the stupid out of them?

I mean, at some point, take some of the blame buddy.

Well this guy’s article isn’t aging well.

lol lots of stuff from September isnt. I believe theres a deleted or locked thread calling for bb’s job as well

I hear you. The Bucs did magically turn from a 7-9 team despite all those player names, by adding the GOAT QB and then winning a Superbowl the following year despite not having made the playoffs for 18 seasons prior. And beating all major challengers in Brees, Rodgers, and Mahomes. It was an amazing accomplishment that probably only the GOAT QB could have done.

This is almost as good as your Belichick takes...

I'm willing to eat some crow on BB. I was really mad at him for letting Brady go for no good reason. My anger has been supplanted by his return to some great coaching this year. Last night's game was unbelievable. I thought they played it too conservatively with all the runs, especially in the 2nd half when Buffalo figured them out a little and they were no longer getting the yards, but they stuck to it and dared Buffalo to beat them, which they couldn't. Hoping for good things the rest of the way, which seemed impossible at the end of September. Good job BB.

I'm willing to eat some crow on BB. I was really mad at him for letting Brady go for no good reason. My anger has been supplanted by his return to some great coaching this year. Last night's game was unbelievable. I thought they played it too conservatively with all the runs, especially in the 2nd half when Buffalo figured them out a little and they were no longer getting the yards, but they stuck to it and dared Buffalo to beat them, which they couldn't. Hoping for good things the rest of the way, which seemed impossible at the end of September. Good job BB.
I agree. I was actually more upset last year and then when Brady won the super bowl all the feelings pretty much subsided. Now I really just want both teams to do really well. I'm thrilled Bill has turned things around quickly and they appear to have found a really solid starting quarterback for the future. I mean at some point you just have to let it go and realize that both Tom and Bill already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News