PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad to see BB's legacy ripped apart like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit, I am fascinated by the Patriots post Bill. They have already starting moving pieces in this past offseason. I am sure there will be more this year. Will they look to stay on the Bill system in regards to team building and coaching or go in a different direction?
Also, I'm also curious to find out who succeeds him. I felt for the longest time like it would be McDaniels, especially when he bailed on the Colts and came back here. But now, I'm not so sure, I'm just hoping it's not Patricia...that would upset me.

I do feel that the key to the future will be how things are built internally during his final few seasons. That will likely be the key to what happens moving forward and I'm hoping it doesn't all fall apart after the fact. Continuity is obviously important, and I honestly don't quite know how things are going to play out after he walks away. If they draft well and find good young players, they'll certainly remain competitive. But if they don't have luck in the personnel department and don't have good coaching, that will obviously be a problem.

Also, I'm also curious to find out who succeeds him. I felt for the longest time like it would be McDaniels, especially when he bailed on the Colts and came back here. But now, I'm not so sure, I'm just hoping it's not Patricia...that would upset me.

I do feel that the key to the future will be how things are built internally during his final few seasons. That will likely be the key to what happens moving forward and I'm hoping it doesn't all fall apart after the fact. Continuity is obviously important, and I honestly don't quite know how things are going to play out after he walks away. If they draft well and find good young players, they'll certainly remain competitive. But if they don't have luck in the personnel department and don't have good coaching, that will obviously be a problem.
I hope it's not Patricia either. I think he would be deterrent to players wanting to come here.

I agree about continuity in terms of personnel and organizational structure but as I was watching last night's game and saw the speed of the Cards on both sides of the ball, I kept thinking that is the approach the Pats need to take with respect to this rebuild. We have to get much faster both on the defensive 7 front and also our skill positions on offense. We just don't have enough dynamic play makers. So my hope is we get an offensive minded HC to run things who can really see the vision of the league. That might be McD or someone else but I definitely don't want a defensive guy.

And I'm not saying Belichick is beyond criticism. But I am saying his body of work is such (we just won a title three seasons ago) where he does deserve a little more benefit of the doubt. It's October, I'd like to see where we are in December and what's transpired before I pass judgment. If this team is making significant strides and finishes strong, I feel like people here might find 2022 could be a year where the outlook could end up becoming completely different.

And if by the end of 2022 we will have suffered our 3rd straight losing season, then Billy & his whole fam damily needs to be Sh!t-canned before the 2023 draft.

Every time is see the title 'sad to see bbs legacy being ripped apart like this' it comes across to me that the OP is either a passive aggressive troll, or a drama queen. Who is still upset that TFB is gone.

Last edited:
And if by the end of 2022 we will have suffered our 3rd straight losing season, then Billy & his whole fam damily needs to be Sh!t-canned before the 2023 draft.
LOL, let's see how 2021 goes first. We still have 10 games to go...plenty of football still left for this season ;)

And I'm sure the 2022 draft will be another good measuring stick. I feel like they did a decent job with this last one, so I'm sort of hoping it's a sign of things to come moving forward.

A win tomorrow would be a great step in the right direction beating a 4-2 team at their place as they’ve only beaten two teams with a winning record since 2020. They’d also now be 4-4.

Last edited:
A win tomorrow would be a great step in the right direction beating a 4-2 team at their place as they’ve only beaten two teams with a winning record since 2020. They’d also now be 4-4.
Oh for sure. Its not a must win by any means, but its one of those good wins that they need to get. Its a winnable game, chargers defense can be had, I wonder about how D plays.

Oh for sure. Its not a must win by any means, but its one of those good wins that they need to get. Its a winnable game, chargers defense can be had, I wonder about how D plays.
I think it’s a winnable game as the Pats can run all over them and you never know what Chargers team you’ll get as they are so inconsistent.

Don't know how much more of this bloodbath I can watch, proving yet again Bill is nothing with that Brody guy.

Don't know how much more of this bloodbath I can watch, proving yet again Bill is nothing with that Brody guy.
lol, yeah, I think Bill will be just fine...it's great having the GOAT as our coach!!!!!!

True. I just wish the Pats had a No 1 pick QB and a free agency stud WR - like Mayfield and Landry....err...umm

I’ve decided I’m not going to worry about that.

instead I’ve started taking it one game at a time.

Bill Belichick vs Tom Brady in the superbowl is already foreshadowed. Bill will become the goat coach of any sport after he beat goat QB with a rookie quarterback...this is gonna be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes