PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad Jete news of a different kind, transcending football

I think the graph showed that the Netherlands has very high bicycle utilization and a very low death rate. The point is that it's the opposite of what you'd think. If bikes are greatly outnumbered, they get "picked off." If there are a zillion of them out on the road you just throw up your hands and resign yourself to going slow as needed, looking out for them, and so on. I getcha on the "scofflaws." Back when the herds of bicycle messengers yellowed the asphalt plains of our cities, before people realized that you could sign PDFs, I remember some harrowing commutes.
In Amsterdam there were four different lanes on the roads: pedestrians, bikes, automobiles and trolleys.

This breaks my heart. I'm so sorry for his family.

Don't know the details here. But I always worry about my friends who cycle / jog on the shoulder of the road. And they always push back, well we have a right to be safe here, it's the drivers who need to be careful. And yeah, you're obviously right, but it's a million miles from the reality that practically every single day, I see people texting / surfing / whatever on their phones while driving.

Exactly. It's why I always look both ways before crossing a one-way street. It would 1000% be the fault of the driver going the wrong way if they hit me, but that doesn't make my body any less broken.

In Amsterdam there were four different lanes on the roads: pedestrians, bikes, automobiles and trolleys.
And then you needed that second trolley lane so they could continue experiments into the trolley problem. Gotta admit the first time you see half a dozen stoners from the local cafes tied down to the tracks and a clearly agonized graduate philosophy student at a switch it throws you for a loop...

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back