PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Russell Wilson might be unhappy in Seattle

I'm sick of whiney QB's.

Seattle trading Wilson would be suicide... It makes absolutely ZERO sense.... They have a decent coach, GREAT owners, and a talented (but flawed) team. I dont think Wilson is forcing his way out like Watson.

Seattle trading Wilson would be suicide... It makes absolutely ZERO sense.... They have a decent coach, GREAT owners, and a talented (but flawed) team. I dont think Wilson is forcing his way out like Watson.

They always pick high because they win. Wilson didn’t do them any favors with that contract though.

Russell Wilson has looked old his last few years. We've already tried that at QB and it didn't work. We've got to get younger.

This is getting ridiculous.

Seattle would be insane to trade Wilson - they contend, somewhat at least, every year, and added a potential generational talent at WR whose game perfectly fits Wilson's punts...err, deep throws.

Houston could trade Watson, because they aren't getting anywhere anyway without a big rebuild, but Seattle isn't that far away from a shot at a ring.

Why did the last thread about this get closed just to have another one opened?

Wilson told Dan Patrick that he wants more say in personnel. Fat chance that's happening in NE.

The guy’s a cry baby. I wonder if wilson knows how the cap works. Now you have these rich primadona QBs trying other fields of work.

Houston could trade Watson, because they aren't getting anywhere anyway without a big rebuild, but Seattle isn't that far away from a shot at a ring.

Seattle put themselves into a big hole by trading major assets (and a big future deal) for an elite strong safety who most of the games is a coverage liability. I am not sure they are getting out of that "playoff tier but not quite top team" category either.

Seattle put themselves into a big hole by trading major assets (and a big future deal) for an elite strong safety who most of the games is a coverage liability. I am not sure they are getting out of that "playoff tier but not quite top team" category either.

We broke them in 2014. Interesting to see where the chiefs go from here.

As 2020 progressed, Seattle's defense improved while their offense went full dreadful mode. Now they got to look to pay that Metcalf dude.

Maybe management is thinking they can easily be as dreadful with a cheaper QB option.

We are at peak QB, that's why all these guys are getting antsy because if anyone saw the ratings for the Super Bowl (billed as the greatest QB matchup like ever....) it would not be smart to think exponential CAP increases are on the horizon.

In a re-set, the first to move make out the best and it's like everyone has major QB questions.

This seem more like a warning to the Seahawks brass than anything else. I don't see a chance in hell that Wilson plays anywhere but Seattle next season.

If things sour in 2021 though, he's probably out the door after that.

This seem more like a warning to the Seahawks brass than anything else. I don't see a chance in hell that Wilson plays anywhere but Seattle next season.

If things sour in 2021 though, he's probably out the door after that.

His cap number is very high after 2021. I hate when rich millionaires complain and don’t know honor their contracts.

Last year, Brady played behind an OL that was, without question, one of the worst in the league. While playing behind that garbage OL, Brady was sacked 27 times. He's only been sacked more than 40 times once in his entire career and that was his first as a starter. Russell Wilson has been a starter in the NFL for 9 seasons. During that time, he's had lines that were crap, and lines that were at least pretty good. Russell Wilson has been sacked fewer than 40 times in a season exactly once, and that was his first year as a starter.

Russell Wilson Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Russ gets sacked a lot because Russ puts Russ in position to get sacked a lot, no matter how good or bad his OL may have been in any particular year.

How is that passer rating is always a QB-only stat like the QB is solely responsible for the passing game’s success regardless of the five skill players...and yet...sacks are never blamed on the quarterback and pinned solely on the five linemen?

If he can't understand that his playing style increases those sack numbers....

If he thinks he can call the shots on personnel...

Belichick would be the exact WRONG coach for him.

Wilson told Dan Patrick that he wants more say in personnel. Fat chance that's happening in NE.
I’d rather have the QB have input into that than BB’s buddies. Hasn’t worked very well in recent years..,

How is that passer rating is always a QB-only stat like the QB is solely responsible for the passing game’s success regardless of the five skill players...and yet...sacks are never blamed on the quarterback and pinned solely on the five linemen?

I think it's because it's hard to quantify. I mean, we saw Brady make OLs look about 2-3 times as good as they actually were because of his ability to

1. Read the defense and make pre-snap adjustments to help the line
  2. Get rid of the ball so quickly that even great pass rushers couldn't get to the QB in time
  3. Maneuver within the pocket so well that he was able to avoid pass rushers who'd beaten their man

but how can analysis claim something like "Having Tom Brady as your QB helps you avoid 12 sacks, 18 hits, and 23 pressures" that with any exactness?

And this is going to just get more and more murky until the "Mobile QB's (who run around behind the lines) for everyone!" nonsense stops.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back