PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Running Back situation on current roster is sad

The team is in a bad position right now regarding their roster, and RB depth has suffered as a result. They had to keep an extra OL or two due to injuries and are still thin there with guys hurt or getting up to speed. At WR they kept an extra guy which I speculate was Boutte because he did such a good job improving in camp and they didn’t want to risk losing him. They always keep a lot of DBs on their roster because those guys are always so versatile especially on special teams. And speaking of special teams …

@Sam Bam Cunningham brings up a valid concern, the running game has been anemic and even with the OL fiasco it is legit to ask whether Stevenson, Elliott, and Montgomery are doing their jobs well. He is a grumpy poster but his point is well taken IMHO

You show, yet again, you have reading comprehension problems. He was replying to ME and he was clearly being sarcastic. I got it. YOU missed it.

Everything you just spewed in your response is asinine. No one expects you to "have the exact same opinion". But you consistently ignore reality and can't be bothered to deal is all the facts of a situation. Your claim about others is you projecting your need for attention. Be it good or bad.

The sense that I get from Sam and a number of others is that they really want things to go badly, because they want Belichick to be fired . And he is crying about the “ homers” who can’t take a different opinion, when in truth literally no one here is posting about how good they look, and how great Mac is, they just aren’t buying into his never ending doom and gloom posts, and pointing out that they are only 2 games into the season.

So my advice to Sam and his flock is this, buy one of my Armegeddon Alarms I guarantee your money back if the world ends and it doesn’t go off. I’m selling on them on Amazon for $535.95 each. A true bargain. And they only come in grey, as I don’t want one to inadvertently brighten your day.

Defenses do not respect the Pats pass game.

So, defenses focus on stuffing the Pats run thereby making the Pats offense 1 dimensional.

anyone can see the OL is the issue missing blocks and cant get any push. but sure push the narrative

our backs have no holes to run through or someone misses a block and gets a free run at the back

The ground game is fine as long as Rham is healthy. If he goes down, it will be another glaring problem.

Here are the problems, in order:

1. The offensive line, through two games, has sucked a fat one.

2. Philly and Miami have absolutely loaded the box through two games. We have faced a ton of 8-man boxes. Why are they doing this? They don’t respect our receivers. So they’ve choked off the running game and have had made sure that everything between the hashes was covered.

anyone can see the OL is the issue missing blocks and cant get any push. but sure push the narrative

our backs have no holes to run through or someone misses a block and gets a free run at the back
The backs have no holes to run through, in part, because defenses are loading the box. So no, he’s not wrong. He just didn’t offer the complete picture, and neither are you.

Do you see defenses dropping 8 and rushing 3?

NO

Defenses are crowding the LOS because they do not need to be concerned with the deep pass.

Miami was able to run. Why? Because the Pats D coukd not ignore the threat of the pass and deep score.

The backs have no holes to run through, in part, because defenses are loading the box. So no, he’s not wrong. He just didn’t offer the complete picture, and neither are you.
The narrative this season is to blame the OL. Fire Klemm.

Like the OC last year, this new villian covers the entire offense.

Yet another reason Bill should've invested into the OL as running the football was their identity on offense. They are not built to sling it around the yard in shootouts.

Defenses do not respect the Pats pass game.

So, defenses focus on stuffing the Pats run thereby making the Pats offense 1 dimensional.
True, also having an O-with no continuity is a recipe for inept offense. The O line is the most important line in football. We are very easy to game plan for right now. The hope is we can start to win games and the offense finds it's groove..

Sam is a doctor, so I doubt that he is stupid.

Well people here have been running circles around him for years. So I guess many here are geniuses. And this site isnt PhD/MD.com. Its football. If you are football stupid you are stupid. And the fact that this ****ing ****y wont stand up for himself is 1000X worse.

Nothing I have less respect for than a gutless twat.

Well people here have been running circles around him for years. So I guess many here are geniuses. And this site isnt PhD/MD.com. Its football. If you are football stupid you are stupid. And the fact that this ****ing ****y wont stand up for himself is 1000X worse.

Nothing I have less respect for than a gutless twat.
I dont know him from Adam, but Perhaps he believes it's beneath him to argue with you.

I dont know him from Adam, but Perhaps he believes it's beneath him to argue with you.
Or more likely that he would be destroyed

I really need a Gloria Trillo/Sopranos meme for these whiny trollclowns.

“Poor f%*#ing you!”

I really need a Gloria Trillo/Sopranos meme for these whiny trollclowns.

“Poor f%*#ing you!”
Just keep exposing them for the clowns they are. Maybe eventually they will off themselves

The ground game is fine as long as Rham is healthy. If he goes down, it will be another glaring problem.

Here are the problems, in order:

1. The offensive line, through two games, has sucked a fat one.

2. Philly and Miami have absolutely loaded the box through two games. We have faced a ton of 8-man boxes. Why are they doing this? They don’t respect our receivers. So they’ve choked off the running game and have had made sure that everything between the hashes was covered.
The receivers have gotten open, but Mac has often barely had time to find them due to the OL being run over. The issues are certainly linked. Fix problem 1 and you are a good way towards fixing problem 2.

Corky better win Sunday or this place will melt down.
So, for shear entertainment value, we should hope for:

-Solid D
-4.2 ypc running game
-Mac throws 3 picks, but drives for the winning TD with 1:40 left on the clock. Winning TD is his only of the day, but is a surgical strike Parker over the DB's head

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back