PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Running Back situation on current roster is sad

I am starting to wonder about members who constantly post negativity.
Hot Stuff Glitch GIF

Mondre’s dancing feet and hesitancy on 3rd and short situations has been a little puzzling, particularly in the last game. He’s obviously powerful enough to get a yard or two where there isn’t one if he wouldn’t act so finesse. Make one fuking read and go be a bulldozer. Either way, would still put more fault on the OL though for the running game so far and often getting an abysmal push on most runs.

Last edited:
Only 2 RBs on the roster???I know the OL sucks, but Stevenson has not looked great AND Ezekiel has looked abysmal.
No change of pace or third down back, no explosive back?Traded away Strong who was their only speedy RB for a JAG OL that may have been cut. Cut JJ Taylor.
What is going on? I think Stevenson may be a bit overrated, but still 2 RB's. They could really use someone who could run outside the tackles.
The RB cupboard is completely bare.
Another example of terrible roster construction and not helping MAC out.

When you combine this with OL, receiver and backup QB fiasco...it absolutely seems that Bill the GM has no idea what he is doing.
Certainly Kraft must be wondering what is going on.
Bill has made it a mission to assemble the slowest offensive unit in the history of modern football. Rewatched the Dolphins game and Rhamondre ran with cement shoes on. He had no business out there on passing downs.

The comment from Belichick I think of more than any is the comment he made last season when he said, "He's at the point in his career where he only wants to be around people he likes" (paraphrasing). Apparently even if that means subpar coaches or players be damned.

Last edited:
Bill has made it a mission to assemble the slowest offensive unit in the history of modern football. Rewatched the Dolphins game and Rhamondre ran with cement shoes on. He had no business out there on passing downs.

The comment from Belichick I think of more than any is the comment he made last season when he said, "He's at the point in his career where he only wants to be around people he likes" (paraphrasing). Apparently even if that means subpar coaches or players be damned.
Yes, let’s pine for Strong, who did nothing at all here, while calling Rham and Zeke “sub-par.”

That’ll show the world how brilliant Pats fans really are.

Only 2 RBs on the roster???I know the OL sucks, but Stevenson has not looked great AND Ezekiel has looked abysmal.
No change of pace or third down back, no explosive back?Traded away Strong who was their only speedy RB for a JAG OL that may have been cut. Cut JJ Taylor.
What is going on? I think Stevenson may be a bit overrated, but still 2 RB's. They could really use someone who could run outside the tackles.

When you combine this with OL, receiver and backup QB fiasco...it absolutely seems that Bill the GM has no idea what he is doing.
Are you really a Patriot fan ? Do you really think that our major problem is at RB position?

You show, yet again, you have reading comprehension problems. He was replying to ME and he was clearly being sarcastic. I got it. YOU missed it.

Everything you just spewed in your response is asinine. No one expects you to "have the exact same opinion". But you consistently ignore reality and can't be bothered to deal is all the facts of a situation. Your claim about others is you projecting your need for attention. Be it good or bad.

Aren’t you the guy asking members for money?

We've got a years-long habit of creating one of the better backfields in the league, generally without one fantasy football stud, because we're a by-committee kind of run game ( usually). Reading that we only have 2 dedicated RB positions was surprising, but they've earned trust at the RB position from where I sit. What I wouldn't give for one of those Scarneccia O-lines though.

Mondre’s dancing feet and hesitancy on 3rd and short situations has been a little puzzling, particularly in the last game. He’s obviously powerful enough to get a yard or two where there isn’t one if he wouldn’t act so finesse. Make one fuking read and go be a bulldozer. Either way, would still put more fault on the OL though for the running game so far and often getting an abysmal push on most runs.
Okay this guy just fired up the Wayback Machine for old Maroney posts...

Stevenson is far from "one of the best backs in the league" as someone erroneously stated. He looks more like Laurence Maroney than prime Corey Dillon. Perhaps Stevenson will improve his sub 3.0 ypc average...but let's pump the brakes with the best in the league talk until he dominates like a "beast back in the league" should

I can understand why the trolls post here; their sadistic motivations are well known.

But many of the negative posters here claim to be fans, and that I really can't relate to.

If and when I give up on the team, I'll stop watching them until they improve, and I'll certainly find something more enjoyable to do than venting my despair in this forum.

What's the point of whining?

Rham is looking pretty slow these last two weeks. He looks O-line dependent like Michel. If the blocking isn't there, he's dead to rights.

Harris had a great burst, but he was always injured.

I was going to post that keeping Damien Harris would've been preferable to Zeke Elliott but I see he's had only eight carries (plus two receptions) for Buffalo. I wonder what's going on with him there.

I was going to post that keeping Damien Harris would've been preferable to Zeke Elliott but I see he's had only eight carries (plus two receptions) for Buffalo. I wonder what's going on with him there.
He’s behind James Cook.

Sad post.

Only 2 RBs on the roster???
So?
I know the OL sucks, but Stevenson has not looked great AND Ezekiel has looked abysmal.
You just stated the reason why the running game is substandard.
So? They sucked. Why keep sucky RBs?
Good lord. Rham only ran for 1000yds and caught 69 passes last year. Jesus.

Yea. Hes clueless. So are you.

No, you are.

Last edited:
The ground game is fine as long as Rham is healthy. If he goes down, it will be another glaring problem.

Here are the problems, in order:

1. The offensive line, through two games, has sucked a fat one.

2. Philly and Miami have absolutely loaded the box through two games. We have faced a ton of 8-man boxes. Why are they doing this? They don’t respect our receivers. So they’ve choked off the running game and have had made sure that everything between the hashes was covered.
Until Mac start hitting those ones outside the numbers Good Teams will make us one dimensional. *just clog the middle*

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back