PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Patriots in the mix for Vincent Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want trades for defensive players!!!!Any CBs out there.:rolleyes:

I dont think we need him. After seeing this game, the problem is not targets for Brady. It's blocking, running, corners, OLB's, pass rush, coverage, field goal kicking......

I agree. On top of that, I'm never a fan of a player who has a "breakout" year in a contract year as VJ did last year.

Sending Mankins to SD is okay if we recieve comp from St. Louis, Minnesota or whomever gets VJ. I'd like a replacement for Ninkovich (move Cunningham) or if all else fails a draft choice. Get this Mankins problem struff over with already.

Our main problems are with philosophy and execution. Concentrate.

Can he rush the passer?

(someone had to say it)
Well maybe he can free up Moss to play more on defense. We've seen Moss on defense for Hail Mary's, so maybe Moss can do a safety blitz. Although I don't know how effective a safety blitz will be when the safety lines up 50 yards in the defensive backfield....

Can he rush the passer?

(I'm in a class and don't have time to see if it's been said yet)

No VJ can't rush the passer, but Clay Matthews can.........6 sacks in 2 games, oh wait, we passed on Clay, my bad..........

No VJ can't rush the passer, but Clay Matthews can.........6 sacks in 2 games, oh wait, we passed on Clay, my bad..........

deadhorse.jpg

Dear Lord, we get it.

I want trades for defensive players!!!!Any CBs out there.:rolleyes:

V. Jack comes you gotta move Moss. So you can get your defensive player in the Moss deal..

Oh, and you will have to lose Moss.....

V. Jack comes you gotta move Moss. So you can get your defensive player in the Moss deal..

Oh, and you will have to lose Moss.....

you don't have to move Moss at all.

you don't have to move Moss at all.

I agree, as good as Moss is he does disappear in big games. Jackson is a young stud WR who Id take over B Marshall Miles Austin and other young studs.

I agree, as good as Moss is he does disappear in big games. Jackson is a young stud WR who Id take over B Marshall Miles Austin and other young studs.

How the heck did he disappear in yesterday's game or were you talking about orher so called big games

Last edited:
How the heck did he disappear in yesterday's game or were you talking about orher so called big games

After Revis left he was checked by Cromartie, when the Pats beat SD back in 07 I think he was again checked by Cromartie.

After Revis left he was checked by Cromartie, when the Pats beat SD back in 07 I think he was again checked by Cromartie.

checked in the Jags game as well I believe, Ravens game too. I think teams make sure to not let Moss beat them. Its why Welker gets his catches but after Stallworth/Gaffney, the Pats haven't had a legit threat opposite the field from him. Add Jackson to the mix and this offense is looking like the Saints/Colts last season with a great passing game, and a complementary defense/running attack.

Cromartie didnt cover Moss man to man in 2007 he had as much help as a corner can get.
Moss playing like 2007 would have lit him up yesterday.

checked in the Jags game as well I believe, Ravens game too. I think teams make sure to not let Moss beat them. Its why Welker gets his catches but after Stallworth/Gaffney, the Pats haven't had a legit threat opposite the field from him. Add Jackson to the mix and this offense is looking like the Saints/Colts last season with a great passing game, and a complementary defense/running attack.
It does. And it should shut up those posters (you know the narcissistic, holier than thou types who believe their opinion is the always right one and everyone else can't read or need to reassess their meanings of words - I'm thinking of 2 in particular) about giving Brady all the tools to be a competitor in the short window he has left. Yes.. I haven't forgotten about other threads and the material that is contributed to them.

Given our draft pick leverage, I doubt the Patriots will ever be in a better position to create a "super team" inside the constraints of a salary cap if BB drafts/trades actively and wisely.

Last edited:

Im not taking anything away from Moss cause I love the player he is, Im just calling it as I see it. I would love for the Pats to pull of a trade for Jackson even if it costs them a 2nd round pick. Jackson and Moss at split ends with Welker and Hernandez in the slots would be scary for offenses. I just doing see it happening though which sucks.

You do know that defensive holding against Moss is allowed in the NFL. That's how most teams are able to take him out of the game, including the Jets and Revis.

You do know that defensive holding against Moss is allowed in the NFL. That's how most teams are able to take him out of the game, including the Jets and Revis.

well than, we better get used to it and adjust because its not changing anytime soon.

Does anyone know the true health of WWI and WWII? If one of these guys is out it opens a receiver spot. (Not that we really need another) Why WHY could this deal like this not be available when Reche was our only option over there? Ugh.

I see this as a Moss and Stallworth/Galloway setup. Not a Moss OR Jackson ultimatum.

Does anyone know the true health of WWI and WWII? If one of these guys is out it opens a receiver spot. (Not that we really need another) Why WHY could this deal like this not be available when Reche was our only option over there? Ugh.

I see this as a Moss and Stallworth/Galloway setup. Not a Moss OR Jackson ultimatum.

I wonder if Danny Woodhead was brought in to be a possible replacement to WW I and II. If either one of them goes down you have a big problem, the best time to bring in a replacement is when you don't need one, once you need it you're too late.

As far as Moss/Jackson go, I don't see how they could coexist. Jackson's entire reason for his holdout is because he wants a big deal, so why would be play for us if we weren't likely to give him something in the range of what he's asking for, so how do we do that AND give Moss a sweet enough deal to keep him here?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick