PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor - Nick Caserio on Houstons radar again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say that but what owner would you prefer over Kraft? You mentioned Khan, but he at least has the luxury for money not to be an issue. Spanos is a cheap prick. York let the players outrun the coach. Jerry needs to be in control. Green Bay has no owners. The Saints owners have the Church scandal. Mara hid his kickers spousal abuse and also got way too sentimental with Eli. Detroit has a history of pissing off generational talent.

I’m the best owner. Just ask my dog.

Not a huge brag. They are competing w the likes of Cleveland, Indy, NYJ, ATL, Raiders, Jax, Texans... all total pieces of feces.

I don’t have a lot of respect for Kraft. It mostly stems from his addiction to being in the in-crowd (the 32, celebs, baby face gfs) and his fake good guy persona. I might be in the minority.

He is better than Irsay. Weeeeeeeeeee.
Know what’s telling about your post? You couldn’t name anyone better. That’s not a knock on you.

Patriot fans can be a wee bit ungrateful. I remember when there was a real possibility New England wouldn’t have a pro football team, let alone a great one.

I asked that question too and got a non-answer saying he's better than Irsay and Snyder.

So we ask again: who are the top 5 owners in the league and why do you say Kraft is the best?
I’ve written about why Kraft is the best elsewhere, in response to Ring 6.

The best are Kraft, Packers, Bisciotti and then maybe Rooney.

Know what’s telling about your post? You couldn’t name anyone better. That’s not a knock on you.

Patriot fans can be a wee bit ungrateful. I remember when there was a real possibility New England wouldn’t have a pro football team, let alone a great one.
Ungrateful is a weird choice of words. Kraft runs a business whose success is based on customers. Not being the worst of a collection of awful people. I'll give him that.

I saw it in another thread—someone was questioning the Patriots' ability to draft WR's, and got the same response: "6 Super Bowls" (we know). It'd be nice to see a semblance of thought beyond the blatantly obvious.
Some of us just don't understand why some posters care so much about drafting star receivers. Some also wonder shy we need to rehash the whole "we wasted Brady by not drafting enough WRs" argument.

I don't care about WR stats. I care about SB wins. And it seems, often, that posters believe drafting well at WR is the most important thing in the world. It's not an argument about "are we good at it?" but rather "why is it so important to patsfans ? Why is drafting good WRs the single most important aspect of team building ?" Is it the Madden gemeration ?

1998 Vikings - AMAZING WRs.

Wow. People outside of Jacksonville actually think Khan is a good owner!? The only reason he doesn’t interfere often is because he truly does not care about that franchise.

Here's a question for you-all:

I've maintained all along the Pats are doomed to mediocrity when BB hangs it up.
Do you think he sticks around as GM, consultant, college coaching, or just hangs it up?

I personally think coaching is his first love and he coaches college lacrosse.

Maybe he joins the media. He's such a colorful speaker and has a distinct love for the media.
I've been speculating for years that he may eventually turn the day to day coaching reins over to Steve and focus on the GM position. We've seen signs that he may be starting to turn defensive playcalling over to Steve as it is and he seems to be handling it well. this might actually be closer than we think

Some of us just don't understand why some posters care so much about drafting star receivers. Some also wonder shy we need to rehash the whole "we wasted Brady by not drafting enough WRs" argument.

I don't care about WR stats. I care about SB wins. And it seems, often, that posters believe drafting well at WR is the most important thing in the world. It's not an argument about "are we good at it?" but rather "why is it so important to patsfans ? Why is drafting good WRs the single most important aspect of team building ?" Is it the Madden gemeration ?

1998 Vikings - AMAZING WRs.
WR is what you spend resources on when your D is good, you have a solid OL and run game, and your special teams is already going to help you much more than it hurts you. A good WR can't protect you from any of these problems so you focus on those first.

WR investments are what you add on top of a strong roster. Wideouts are way too easy to neutralize to be a primary focus of a good GM

You say that but what owner would you prefer over Kraft? You mentioned Khan, but he at least has the luxury for money not to be an issue. Spanos is a cheap prick. York let the players outrun the coach. Jerry needs to be in control. Green Bay has no owners. The Saints owners have the Church scandal. Mara hid his kickers spousal abuse and also got way too sentimental with Eli. Detroit has a history of pissing off generational talent.

Woody Johnson :evil:

Ungrateful is a weird choice of words. Kraft runs a business whose success is based on customers. Not being the worst of a collection of awful people. I'll give him that.

Ok, ungrateful may be too strong. Fair enough. But sometimes I wonder what some people here would do if the Pats were owned by the current Ambassador to the Court of St. James.

But remember that Kraft also didn’t ask for taxpayer $$ to keep the team in NE and rebuild the stadium in an era when that kind of corporate welfare was common.

Ok, ungrateful may be too strong. Fair enough. But sometimes I wonder what some people here would do if the Pats were owned by the current Ambassador to the Court of St. James.

But remember that Kraft also didn’t ask for taxpayer $$ to keep the team in NE and rebuild the stadium in an era when that kind of corporate welfare was common.
I'll give him credit for that : he used his own $. I'll also give him HUGE praise for the BB hire when other owners would have balked.

Do you like the Geezer pretending to be cool & the post game open mouth kissing & the trying to be bff with rappers ? I have nothing against being old, affection, nor rappers - but he's trying way way too hard.

I'll give him credit for that : he used his own $. I'll also give him HUGE praise for the BB hire when other owners would have balked.

Do you like the Geezer pretending to be cool & the post game open mouth kissing & the trying to be bff with rappers ? I have nothing against being old, affection, nor rappers - but he's trying way way too hard.
No, you are trying way too hard.

add in a lifelong successful marriage until his wife died, honoring her by leading successful negotiations for a CBA according to her de#ires when she was terminally ill, and lots more You wouldn’t understand.

No, you are trying way too hard.

add in a lifelong successful marriage until his wife died, honoring her by leading successful negotiations for a CBA according to her de#ires when she was terminally ill, and lots more You wouldn’t understand.
Thank you for making me see I wouldn’t understand. Cheers.

Kraft does some dumb ****, like going to trashy massage parlors, trying to be hip, and giving liquored up victory speeches (which I find kinda funny actually), but when it comes to the bottom line, he's done far more for this franchise than any other owner has for their franchise. Jerruh comes pretty close, except he interferes with putting a winning product on the field.

In 26 years, the Pats went from an afterthought across the league, playing in the boondocks at a stadium with metal bleacher seats, to a perennial contender, a historic franchise, playing in a modern stadium with an outdoor mall and pretty baller Hall of Fame greeting you as you walk in.

No other owner has had that impact on their team in the last 50 years. You can argue that Lamar Hunt certainly did back in the 1960s.

And yes, I know he caved on Defamegate, Cameragate, and Cameragate Part Deux (and I found it hard to forgive some of that until Super Bowls #5 and #6 came along), but the net result of his tenure as owner is overwhelmingly positive.

Kraft does some dumb ****, like going to trashy massage parlors, trying to be hip, and giving liquored up victory speeches (which I find kinda funny actually), but when it comes to the bottom line, he's done far more for this franchise than any other owner has for their franchise. Jerruh comes pretty close, except he interferes with putting a winning product on the field.

In 26 years, the Pats went from an afterthought across the league, playing in the boondocks at a stadium with metal bleacher seats, to a perennial contender, a historic franchise, playing in a modern stadium with an outdoor mall and pretty baller Hall of Fame greeting you as you walk in.

No other owner has had that impact on their team in the last 50 years. You can argue that Lamar Hunt certainly did back in the 1960s.

And yes, I know he caved on Defamegate, Cameragate, and Cameragate Part Deux (and I found it hard to forgive some of that until Super Bowls #5 and #6 came along), but the net result of his tenure as owner is overwhelmingly positive.
What % of this success is Kraft ? I put almost all of it on BB (and his players).

What % of this success is Kraft ? I put almost all of it on BB (and his players).

New stadium/etc is Kraft
Saving the team from moving to St. Louis is Kraft

Success is on BB and the players, but Kraft should get a cookie for learning his lesson and not interfering, or minimally interfering, with football operations. If it was easy, all the owners who cared would do the same.

100% Kraft. He traded to get Bill and then promptly gave him the keys to the kingdom. There is no other HC/GM in the entire league right now. Smart, successful people hire smart, successful people. The whole dynasty is Kraft, it's his team.

I see what you're saying but I don't really care. Who's life is it anyway? Not mine. He gets kudos on thee Meek Mill thing. Frankly, I want a really good Patriots team on the field. The rest is outside the purview of a good owner.

100% Kraft. He traded to get Bill and then promptly gave him the keys to the kingdom. There is no other HC/GM in the entire league right now. Smart, successful people hire smart, successful people. The whole dynasty is Kraft, it's his team.
One of the millionaires in my village decided years ago to team up with a guy who understands business. He let the sharper guy make all the calls and became a millionaire. He is like Kraft in your scenario. He must be a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes