PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rosen on the trading block in Miami

If the price was low enough I'd LOVE to have him. There is no question that he had first round talent going into that draft year. Think about it he had 3 different HC's and 3 different offensive systems in his 3 years in COLLEGE. And his NFL has been just as chaotic. With no fault of his own, his kid has had his career kicked around him ever since he left HS. It is amazing his head hasn't exploded on him.

Here is my prediction - There is going to be some team in the NFL that is going to invest some time in this kid and put him in a stable environment as a back up, and when he gets his chance he will be ready to thrive. I'd love him to be our #3 QB for this season and then fight Stiddy for the job in 2021.

JMHO - The kid needs stability in a system, time and good coaching. All things he can get here.

Could that be the Pats

Yeah as really the guy has not struck gold in the NFL

Assuming he clears waivers, he'd be a lot more appealing when teams don't have to worry about that guaranteed 2021 roster bonus and salary.

Assuming he clears waivers, he'd be a lot more appealing when teams don't have to worry about that guaranteed 2021 roster bonus and salary.

He must have been playing very poorly or have had off the field issues for them to let him go. $5 million over 2 years isn't that much for a backup QB. And if he goes unclaimed, Dolphins will still need to pay that full amount.

He must have been playing very poorly or have had off the field issues for them to let him go. $5 million over 2 years isn't that much for a backup QB. And if he goes unclaimed, Dolphins will still need to pay that full amount.

Well, he probably wasn't going to sit quietly behind Tua and Fitzpicksix, so moving on from him was likely the only solution.

Well, he probably wasn't going to sit quietly behind Tua and Fitzpicksix, so moving on from him was likely the only solution.

fitzpatrick is a Pam e holder. Tua is small and fragile. This looks like a dumb move for the dolphins,

I do not see how the Pats get him unless they sign him to Practice squad. Would certainly not cut either stidham or hoyer to sign him. His ceiling may be higher than Stidham's however.

Rosen blows, blew in college, overrated as a prospect coming out.

He's not a starter in the league, so his only choice is to compete to be a backup somewhere. If he wanted to holdout, Dolphins would be happy not to pay him. If he causes trouble, they'd be happy to void his guarantees. He has very little leverage, he's gone because the team didn't want him, not because he didn't want to be there. Personally, I would have kept him as QB3.

Worth a shot for any team if he can be had for cheap. Not much downside to keep him as a 3rd stringer and evaluate him through the year.
Frankly I'd love it if the Patriots did that. He's still got all the arm talent he ever did, set him up in a slow cooker on the practice squad and see if he can grow back into relevance.

7 different systems since HS I believe. Younger than this year's #1 overall.

Landing spot is everything for a QB and he's been in the worst situation possible since day 1.

We gave up a 2nd for Sanu so I don't want to hear about a late round pick for young cheap QB.

Landing spot can’t over stated enough. So many possible careers ended before they started due to landing spot, system and personal already in place.

Landing spot can’t over stated enough. So many possible careers ended before they started due to landing spot, system and personal already in place.
Agreed. Unfortunately it looks like I was still more wrong than right regarding Rosen though. Probably should have lower even though he went as high as he did.

Hasn't done anything to deserve a 3rd chance in the NFL.

Rosen and Dolphins did rhymed

He's going to the Bucs' PS. The Bucs were probably the best possible team for him to sign with, given that team's current QB/HC combo and the competition underneath that.

Last edited:
If the price was low enough I'd LOVE to have him. There is no question that he had first round talent going into that draft year. Think about it he had 3 different HC's and 3 different offensive systems in his 3 years in COLLEGE. And his NFL has been just as chaotic. With no fault of his own, his kid has had his career kicked around him ever since he left HS. It is amazing his head hasn't exploded on him.

Here is my prediction - There is going to be some team in the NFL that is going to invest some time in this kid and put him in a stable environment as a back up, and when he gets his chance he will be ready to thrive. I'd love him to be our #3 QB for this season and then fight Stiddy for the job in 2021.

JMHO - The kid needs stability in a system, time and good coaching. All things he can get here.

Who else besides me now blames Ken for giving Brady Bucs the idea to mentor Rosen?

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back