PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rooting for Colts? Dear Lord help me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way it will be a great day, one of them has to lose =]

I LOVE that clip of Wes doing that move!!! I just watched it about 5 times...lol...How does he DO that?

A bit obvious. I guess there's bad apples in every barrel, but to tell you, I hate it when there are people out there who stereotype the entire fanbase. I've seen such examples here.

You don't even have an "entire fanbase" to hate.

Didn't your CBS affiliate have to buy the last tickets to avoid a blackout yesterday?

I remember before last year's AFCDG the SD newspaper ran a series on it's front page describing the rules of football for its readers.

Mike and Mike on ESPN radio finally called him and the Chargers out this morning saying "for a team that complained about the Patriots celebrating last year I've never seen a team pump their chest over every 4 yard catch as much as the Chargers."

I especially love how Shaun Phillips who was so hurt by Ellis Hobbs' celebration last January that he said it was something he'd never forget but was right their taunting the Broncos a few weeks back.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LsSpYLU7Ig0

I especially love how Shaun Phillips who was so hurt by Ellis Hobbs' celebration last January that he said it was something he'd never forget but was right their taunting the Broncos a few weeks back.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LsSpYLU7Ig0

Thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that before.
I have to admit, I want to see the Chargers lose. First time I have ever pulled for the Colts.

There are very, very few circumstances in which I could ever, ever root for the dolts. And I don't know if this weekend qualifies as one of those. Too bad that SD and Indy couldn't both lose, and that NEP vs. Jax could be for the AFCC.

Very typical Charger behavior. It's not like we make this stuff up.
So the pats are all class and all other teams are piddling idiots, eh? Forget the idea that video is a snapshot of a moment in time. Forget the idea that SD did not start it. Forget the idea that trash talking can and does happen on all teams including the pats.

Just keep hating. What goes around comes around. :cool:

So the pats are all class and all other teams are piddling idiots, eh? Forget the idea that video is a snapshot of a moment in time. Forget the idea that SD did not start it. Forget the idea that trash talking can and does happen on all teams including the pats.

Just keep hating. What goes around comes around. :cool:

No. We never brought up all this "class" BS. But starting with the BB photog push then LT calling himself a "classy guy" all we've heard for the past year from every other team and fan base is how the Pats are "classless" for one reason or another, most, if not all of them being totally hypocritical.

Personally, I think all this "class" crap is a new invention for losing fan bases to complain about better teams kicking their asses under the guise of "class" police. I watch football to see grown men beat the sh!t out of each other in a testosterone-driven simulation of war. I don't watch the NFL for it's "class" and I would suspect that the gritty players of previous generations didn't give a damn about the "class" that the other team kicking their butts was exhibiting.

No. We never brought up all this "class" BS. But starting with the BB photog push then LT calling himself a "classy guy" all we've heard for the past year from every other team and fan base is how the Pats are "classless" for one reason or another, most, if not all of them being totally hypocritical.

Personally, I think all this "class" crap is a new invention for losing fan bases to complain about better teams kicking their asses under the guise of "class" police. I watch football to see grown men beat the sh!t out of each other in a testosterone-driven simulation of war. I don't watch the NFL for it's "class" and I would suspect that the gritty players of previous generations didn't give a damn about the "class" that the other team kicking their butts was exhibiting.
True enough.

The pats operate the way most good teams and individuals do. Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Roger Federer, they all take whatever constructive criticism comes their way, use it as motivation, and look to prove it wrong. No question the pats are pretty good at doing that. I think the team also understands how to take it all in stride.

While I understand that the pats fan base in no way represents the team, sometimes it would be good if the pats fan base took a cue from the their team from time to time. ;)

In other words, all pats fans need get off the high horse. Just because your team is winning doesn't mean everyone else does it wrong. It only means your team is doing it right at this time. The pats are definitely not gonna win forever.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

You're a Chargers fan, you don't know anything about teams "not winning forever". For you it's "not ever winning"

Last edited:
Shut up Chargers fan, you know nothing about winning.
Pfft, and you do!? Maybe your team does but you sure as hell don't. Just keep on proving my point. :rolleyes:

OCDing the hell out of this thread, are you? I edited that about maybe a minute after I posted it, to clarify, and you still managed to get it pre-edit.

OCDing the hell out of this thread, are you? I edited that about maybe a minute after I posted it, to clarify, and you still managed to get it pre-edit.

Well, you both were on at the same time coincidentally. No need to go panzy over pre-edit replies; I didn't. ;)

True enough.

The pats operate the way most good teams and individuals do. Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Roger Federer, they all take whatever constructive criticism comes their way, use it as motivation, and look to prove it wrong. No question the pats are pretty good at doing that. I think the team also understands how to take it all in stride.

While I understand that the pats fan base in no way represents the team, sometimes it would be good if the pats fan base took a cue from the their team from time to time. ;)

In other words, all pats fans need get off the high horse. Just because your team is winning doesn't mean everyone else does it wrong. It only means your team is doing it right at this time. The pats are definitely not gonna win forever.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

You make some valid points. But what you fail to realize is that THIS is the Patriots board. this is where WE can come to get on our high-horse if we so choose. there's nothing wrong with being kkoky on our own board. You can go to the Chargers board and get on your high-horse...oh wait...you don't have one yet!:rofl:

You make some valid points. But what you fail to realize is that THIS is the Patriots board. this is where WE can come to get on our high-horse if we so choose. there's nothing wrong with being kkoky on our own board. You can go to the Chargers board and get on your high-horse...oh wait...you don't have one yet!:rofl:
Funny, we had a Pats poster over there with your exact username. Wasn't you, eh? Well here it is...

http://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=136

Welcome.

pao

I think I need serious help. After watching yet another display of class, I am actively rooting for the Colts to beat the crap out of these idiots.

I hate the Colts, but it comes from respect. Rivers, Ladanian et al seriously need to be shut up--badly. I've never seen such a bunch of punks on one team. I'm a girl and if I saw either I would punch them in the face.

This leaves me with hoping the Colts kill them, I feel very dirty.

Welcome to the good guys!! :)

-just a playful poke....

-no thats not a Vince Willfork reference.

Welcome to the good guys!! :)

-just a playful poke....

-no thats not a Vince Willfork reference.

Aah Speed, you have way too much of a sense of humor to be a Colts fan.

Aah Speed, you have way too much of a sense of humor to be a Colts fan.

Lets laugh now TG, cuz hopefully in a week, its time to put on the game faces and watch some history. :)

Lets laugh now TG, cuz hopefully in a week, its time to put on the game faces and watch some history. :)

And your ass better be here to take it after the game.

I agree, I think this is the first time ever that I'll be rooting for a Peyton Manning victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes