PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison,back to full strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mavfan2390 said:
No I'm talking about the line that allowed so much pressure on the QB that he wasn't in the top 30 in completion percentage.

I liked frerotte...he was a good manager and had a strong arm... But the man was one of the most inaccurate QB's in the game last year. I remeber everytime he threw the ball there were very few instances where the reciever did not have to do a major adjusment...and i'm talking bout 5 yard outs!

And the stats show that he has been consistently a bad % QB.. career % of 54.2...his best year while starting at least 13 games was 57 %. Therefore your conclusion is flawed..the o-line didn't make him inaccurate..he just is.

Pepper right now is in the top 3 for the most accurate QB in the NFL...
C. Palmer 64.6%
D. Culpepper 64.4%
P. Manning 63.9%
T. Brady 61.9%
M. Hasselback 60.9%

Thats pretty good company. W/ pep's mobility and accuracy the miami passing offense should be better than last years...

Last edited:
Welker83 said:
I liked ferotte...he was a good manager and had a strong arm...
Nice thread about . . . um . . . Harrison.

:confused: :p

BelichickFan said:
Nice thread about . . . um . . . Harrison.

:confused: :p

Good point! I think he will have some trouble with swelling and a lessened ablilty to cut for the first 6 games, but after that i think he'll be fine....what do you guys think?

Welker83 said:
Good point! I think he will have some trouble with swelling and a lessened ablilty to cut for the first 6 games, but after that i think he'll be fine....what do you guys think?
I think he'll have a big f'n grin on his face as he strolls into the end zone after taking a Culpepper pass the other way.

BelichickFan said:
I think he'll have a big f'n grin on his face as he strolls into the end zone after taking a Culpepper pass the other way.

Doubtful...Harrison hasn't had more than three picks in a season since 2000....and coincidentally thats the last year he returned one for 6.... And that was six years ago!

Welker83 said:
Doubtful...Harrison hasn't had more than three picks in a season since 2000....and coincidentally thats the last year he returned one for 6.... And that was six years ago!
Dolphin fan thinking regular season :D

I had the 2004 AFC Championship game in Pittsburgh in mind when I typed that.

Last edited by a moderator:
BelichickFan said:
Dolphin fan thinking regular season :D

Ahh yes! i was looking at regular season stats!

That sounds great! Good for you!

Haha remember Willie laying out Ben Burger when he was trying to chase down Harrison? Thats like one on my top five Pats memories lol.

Last edited:
Why intercept the ball when you can hit a person so hard that they not only drop the ball and need to sit out the next several minutes, but afterward they develop a head on a swivel.

Rodney picked off a ball for a touchdown in the Steelers playoff game in 2004, and a bunch more in the recent playoffs and superbowls, but I guess that doesn't count since we won't see Culpepper once the Pats make it to the postseason.

Let's hope McMichaels doesn't let Rodney come clean on another blitz like the one were he injuried Fiedler's knee in 2003. Pepper is already on his last leg. :singing:

P.S. That game was what we in NE refer to as the Snow Bowl. There was some fun footage of a Miami fan getting pelted with snowballs for like an hour, and then when Fiedler was driven head first into the turf towards the end for a safety by Jarvis Green, the fans were pelting Miami with snowballs. Good times....

Last edited:
Official Pats/Broncos Discussion

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Why intercept the ball when you can hit a person so hard that they not only drop the ball and need to sit out the next several minutes, but afterward they develop a head on a swivel.

Rodney picked off a ball for a touchdown in the Steelers playoff game in 2004, and a bunch more in the recent playoffs and superbowls, but I guess that doesn't count since we won't see Culpepper once the Pats make it to the postseason.

Let's hope McMichaels doesn't let Rodney come clean on another blitz like the one were he injuried Fiedler's knee in 2003. Pepper is already on his last leg. :singing:

P.S. That game was what we in NE refer to as the Snow Bowl. There was some fun footage of a Miami fan getting pelted with snowballs for like an hour, and then when Fiedler was driven head first into the turf towards the end for a safety by Jarvis Green, the fans were pelting Miami with snowballs. Good times....

Mcmichael is one of the better blocking TE's in the league now..he really stepped up that aspect of his game last season.

And since you like to bring up memories i remember a certain Jason taylor sacking Brady causing him to cough up the ball that opened the door for the one and only AJ Feeley to lead an unbeleivable comeback over the eventual SB champions by throwing a precise pass to Reject Derrius Thompson over converted coverman Troy Brown.

See what happens when you pick fights...you get them.

Last edited:
Guess we'll just hang our heads in shame over the 14-2 season, with a superbowl victory and NFL record win streak. If only we had Jay Feely.

Last edited:
5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Guess we'll just hang our heads in shame over the 14-2 season, with a superbowl victory and NFL record win streak. If only we had Jay Feely.

LOL...thats what i meant...past games don't matter..they are just brought up to try and hurt people for making good points that some one doesn't agree with...

Welker83 said:

Rodney Harrison:
Harrison has shown a knack for coming up with interceptions at crucial times. In the 2004 regular season and playoffs, five of his six interceptions came inside the opponents' 20-yard line, with four of those picks coming inside the 4-yard line and two of them coming in the end zone. His only 2004 pick that did not come inside the 20-yard line was his interception in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XXXIX, a pick that ended Philadelphia's lastgasp drive and clinched the Patriots' world title.

As an all-around contributor, Harrison recorded 12 special teams tackles in 2004, his highest total since notching 20 special teams stops as a rookie in 1994.

blah blah blah Culpepper blah blah blah. Ricky whiiihhhhhhh............whoooooossshhhh. Blah blah blah.

scout said:
Rodney Harrison:
Harrison has shown a knack for coming up with interceptions at crucial times. In the 2004 regular season and playoffs, five of his six interceptions came inside the opponents' 20-yard line, with four of those picks coming inside the 4-yard line and two of them coming in the end zone. His only 2004 pick that did not come inside the 20-yard line was his interception in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XXXIX, a pick that ended Philadelphia's lastgasp drive and clinched the Patriots' world title.

As an all-around contributor, Harrison recorded 12 special teams tackles in 2004, his highest total since notching 20 special teams stops as a rookie in 1994.

blah blah blah Culpepper blah blah blah. Ricky whiiihhhhhhh............whoooooossshhhh. Blah blah blah.

And? How does this relate to him and culpepper...and why are you bringing up ricky?

Welker83 said:

What the hell are you talking about?? This is what I get to see when I return from 18 holes of golf.:mad: A fin troll spreading **** about Rodney!

AFC Championship game againts the Steelers, actually in Jan 2005, he picked off Big Ben and took to the house.:eek: Vrabes knocked Benny on his ass.

I"m going to say this just one more time so you and others better listen up this time.

Rodney will be back for the 1st reg season game. He will have one of his finest years. He will be voted to the Pro Bowl. He will win Comeback Player Of The Year. He will along with the rest of teh Patriots win another SB.:rocker:

I don't care if he is on the feild during one play of one Pre-Season game. He doesn't have to.

Now I hope everyone understands this and will not speculate on Rodney again, esp Fins trolls.

PATSNUTme said:
What the hell are you talking about?? This is what I get to see when I return from 18 holes of golf.:mad: A fin troll spreading **** about Rodney!

AFC Championship game againts the Steelers, actually in Jan 2005, he picked off Big Ben and took to the house.:eek: Vrabes knocked Benny on his ass.

I"m going to say this just one more time so you and others better listen up this time.

Rodney will be back for the 1st reg season game. He will have one of his finest years. He will be voted to the Pro Bowl. He will win Comeback Player Of The Year. He will along with the rest of teh Patriots win another SB.:rocker:

I don't care if he is on the feild during one play of one Pre-Season game. He doesn't have to.

Now I hope everyone understands this and will not speculate on Rodney again, esp Fins trolls.

I'll hold you to this....Because it won't happen.

Last edited:
Welker83 said:
I'll hold you to this....Because it won't happen.

What won't happen? You can hold me to it and if you were a hot chick you could hold it againts me.

You need to take back the statement that Rodney had not brought back an int for a TD.

That needs to happen before you can lose the troll label.

I'm shocked that other Patriots fans did not slap you around for making that statement.:mad:

Welker83 said:
Actually i did say the exact thing about Daunte...Except in your zeal to try and say that fin fans are delusional i want to ask you a simple question...

Does Rodney and Daunte play the same position?

This is an easy one...NO! "That doesn't matter they have the same injury!"....umm yes they have the same injury...but they are a WORLD apart... In case you have not noticed Daunte is a QB and Rodney is a DB... Do you know the difference between these two positions?

wow you make this too easy!
I don't watch Culpepper much, but is'nt he one of them newfangled "mobile" type QB's? That means he runs around a lot, right?

Attachments

• 03HarrisonRodney2AFCChamps.jpg
    03HarrisonRodney2AFCChamps.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 78
Welker83 said:

You know, I remember being in Pittsburgh, I remember it being really, really cold, I remember being the only Pats fan in the section, I remember Roethlisberger throwing, and then I remember Rodney stepping in front of the pass, and taking off clear across the field. By the time he got to the goalline in front of me, he just had to walk into the end zone.

I know it's been brought up about 9 times between that post and this, but I felt the need to bring it up again. That whole "playoff" thing is kinda foreign to Dolphin fans...

Harrison_INT.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes