Rodney disagrees with BB claiming Floyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Rodney Harrison doesn’t agree with Bill Belichick claiming Michael Floyd

Says BB shouldn't have claimed him, then says Floyd will be a benefit to the Patriots, and that being on the Patriots will motivate Floyd.

tumblr_n1znxsNgya1sv9mvmo3_400.gif

"Illogical. Yet... fascinating."

He seems to have gone out of his way in the last couple years to not seem like a Pats homer. It shows as he basically praises the move after claiming that his "take" is that it shouldn't have happened.

Not surprising. He normally hits out at the Pats once a season to show he isn't a Pats homer.

But bit hypocritical given that Belichick and the team stood by him when he got caught by the feds illegally buying HGH.

I know it's not the same thing but his actions landed him in the middle of a federal investigation on the illegal sale of HGH. He's lucky the feds only wanted who was selling it.

Stick to your HGH, Rodney. Your opinions don't matter to me anymore.

Rodney is a big boy and can have his own opinions. :rolleyes: Heck i'm sure some of the players disagree with the move as well - can't imagine amendola or hogan being thrilled as floyd takes snaps away from them.

Rodney....just don't think he's the best one to make that opinion..

A couple of years ago Rodney went on NBC and told Brady to wear a dress for all his complaining. Rodney is just one of "them" now. Just another ratings whore. The sooner everyone realizes it , the better.

There's an argument that BB shouldn't have claimed MF. I have no problem with Rodney stating so. However, that's one argument/one POV. The other is MF made a mistake and will have a toll to pay for it (likely a legal ramification as well as suspension at some point in the future). Yet it is important to remember MF didn't assault anyone, fortunately no one was hurt by his action, and it is a poor argument to suggest MF should have his right to play football/work when he is not paying his toll for his actions. If teams/the league are to eliminate any player that has tangibly erred then let the purge begin! Maybe we can go old school where many players play both offense and defense.

The Patriots aren't and have never been boyscouts. The Patriots will, though, cut a guy who creates a problem. MF has a fresh start and if he makes the most of it, stays away from drinking, it's a win for the Patriots, a win for MF, a it's basically a win for everyone to see him turn it around. If not he'll be cut and he'll unfortunately fall into the abyss.

BB is not right about everything. He is human ad can make mistakes. It is fine to disagree. I am on the fence with this particular move as well but in the end i think it was okay. Rodney like some say does take a few pokes at the Pats now and then and i believe he does it partly for media attention and to appear like he won't always side with the Pats. But I do think when he says things like that he partly means then but just goes over the top for media reasons.

I don't think BB would have claimed him if we didn't need a WR so badly.

It will probably turn out to be a good move, but if we were set at WR, I doubt BB would have given him this chance.

Cool! Loved Rodney when he played for us but now he's another media attention whore. Next!

I try not to miss his Saturday morning radio show. I think he brings a lot to any football discussion. I heard his take on Floyd and I disagree, but he's still one of my favorites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes