PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodgers to sign 4 yr/134 Mil extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

qbno12

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I know the QB contracts are not based on performance anymore. We have seen that with Rivers, Eli, Stafford etc. But boy that's a big contract. :eek:

Take your money Rodgers.

That's...*types into SpeedCrunch* $33.5M a year. Holy ****. Wonder how much is guaranteed. Could it possibly be fully guaranteed?

Good for him, bad for the Packers. It takes a village of above average players to win the super bowl, not a great player and a bunch of village idiots.

I guess it's good for him, if his goal in life is to be the top paid guy his profession, rather than the most successful and legendary one. It's funny how Packers fans complain that the team can't build around him and make excuses for him, but he makes it virtually impossible for them to build much. It's not like there isn't a perfect example, a different number 12, of unselfishness and really showing your true motivation when it comes to winning within salary cap confines.

Matter of time before someone lands on him, breaks his collarbone for the 3rd time, and takes him out of the game for good.... Packers are out $100M

I suppose this does weaken the Packers a wee bit, but I'm still glad we play them at Home this year.

Has the salary cap risen, and will it continue to rise, by so much that contracts like these don't become the albatrosses that they appear to be?
If not, then it's one stupid contract after stupid contract after stupid contract...

Good for him, bad for the Packers. It takes a village of above average players to win the super bowl, not a great player and a bunch of village idiots.

Teams win Super Bowls with elite players at the QB position, even when those players are getting paid high end money.

Reports that he's going to get over 80 million of that contract by march2019 is bonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back