PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Ninkovich announces his retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
And much less chance to rush the passer. It wasn't until the last couple of years that he consistently rushed in passing situations.

Agreed. Vrabel's 12.5 sacks in 2007 account for more than 25% of his total with the Pats.

Agreed. Vrabel's 12.5 sacks in 2007 account for more than 25% of his total with the Pats.
Remember in 01 and 02 vrabel was a 43 OLB who blitzed once in a while. From 03 on in the 34 mcginest was the 4th rusher and Colvin was there as well. vrabel also played Ilb (05?). It wasn't til 2006-2007 that he became primarily a pass rusher.

It's an ongoing discussion with many posters.
Understood. But I don't think it's unreasonable that I would think you were talking directly to me if you quoted something I said in your reply. Respect.

After reading his interview with Daniels from last week I am extremely surprised about the retirement. Sounds to me like when camp came closer he realized his heart was not as fully in it as he thought through the offseason.

Can't have a much better career from where he was when the Pats signed him. Guess he has a shot to make it eventually into the Pats HoF.

Both had a knack of making game-changing plays in important games. Neither would disappear under the bright lights.
Just to clarify, Vrabes was a clutch player too just thought Nink made more of them. Both great players. Edge to Vrabes.

Bout to come on 98.5 to announce his retirement.

A "true Patriot." I wish him well. He will be missed this season.

The Patriots (Belichick) have had a mantra for years that it's better to release/trade a player a year too early than a year too late.

I think, with increasing awareness of the widespread and destructive nature of CTE, we will have more and more players deciding to retire "a year or two too early rather than a year or two too late." To avoid any unnecessary arguments, I add that I am NOT suggesting that this is why Ninkovich is announcing his retirement now; it is probably just a coincidence that he announced his decision a few days after the release of the most recent report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back