PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Ninkovich announces his retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great career, but it was time. I bet he stays with us in some capacity though. May it be as a coach or member of the shadow roster if injuries occur.

Great career, but it was time. I bet he stays with us in some capacity though. May it be as a coach or member of the shadow roster if injuries occur.
Someone else raised the possibility of Ninko being on the shadow roster, and I think that it's valid. I could totally see a situation where if the production on the edge just isn't there or a string of injuries strike, they pick up the phone and ask if he can give it a go. Whether or not he accepts is a different story. While I do believe we saw a big decline in his play last season, I do also believe he has a bit more left in the tank. I think this was one of those things where a player prefers to walk away from the game while he still has health and vitality, as opposed to trying to hang on until the last drop. Better to walk away a bit early than too late.

Last edited:
How lucky are we as football fans that one of our most reliable players retires and we don't have to panic. Not just because there is depth on our DL but because this team has given us so many great seasons that we don't have to stress over how this next season might go.

Probably time. I think he might have been traded last year were it not for the suspension.

Good dude, good player.

Gunna miss seeing those FF....next phase of life for Ninko

Clicking "like" or "agree" to other posts here doesn't do Nink justice for all he's brought to this team and our enjoyment of it, so I'll also add what others have said:

Thank you, Rob, for these past 8 years. I'm going to miss you.

Regards,
Chris

Grass pollen was high today and must have peaked when Nink was paying respects to Blackbeard and BB.

Mrs RW asked if I needed to pull over and take a Claritan.

I told her I was ok.

Time to dust off the old clone machine again.

914256_576237929127854_1910443531_a.jpg

Seriously though he went from who is this guy that looks exactly like Vrabel to a man with a great Patriot legacy of his own.
Everything down to the way their shirts fit was similar. He will be missed! Any prospects for Vrabel 3.0 out there?

From Chatham.

I actually mentioned this in the recent SB 51 observation thread. :)

If Ninko didn't do his part, Matt Ryan likely throws it to Julio for a 1st down before Trey Flowers can get to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes