Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
ali_rotator.jpg

The sports icon passed away Friday night at the age of 74.

Truly was the greatest in his profession. May he rest in peace..

We know who is taking a page out of his script and while the haters hate, win anyway. ;)

Just woke to this news this morning, sad news. Greatest of his era.. that there is no doubt.

Truly was the greatest in his profession. May he rest in peace..

He was bigger than that out of his profession. IMO. Although I do not agree with everything he said, I do consider him one of the key Americans who used his enormous platform for the sake of change when it was desperately needed back in the 60's. The man threw away some of his prime boxing years to stand on his principles. RIP.

R.I.P. the greatest. he was bigger than boxing. bigger than sports. bigger than life. good bye champ.

People will talk about his hands. They'll talk about his feet. The guy had a jaw of stone. Something that never gets mentioned nearly enough.

Rip Champ

Like the previous guy said, the most famous athlete in the world, You said his name and people know who you were talking about automatically, he was part of this world history and he will be missed by the whole world.
R.I.P Champ, god has reclaimed his champion.

The most famous athlete in the history of the world and its not even close.
Very few others at that level, Pele is one of them.. But he was one of the real greats.

Remember when he fought in Lewiston, Maine?? He was the best of all time.. he talked the talk and walked the walk, from the Olympics forward he was a boxing icon.

images

RIP, Champ.

Dance like a butterfly, sting like a bee. His jabs were legendary.

He was an icon, a very outspoken athlete who spoke his mind at a time when black men were not supposed to stir the pot. That, to me, is real bravery.

And as @Joker said, the thrilla in Manilla was the stuff of legend. 15 rounds of brutal clobbering in 120 degree heat, the final of the 3 matchups between two legends, Joe Frazier and Ali, that nearly left Joe blind and crippled and Ali, dead.

Ali would later say it was the closest he ever came to dying.

A personal story: my father bet everything he had on the Ali-Sonny Liston fight because he had seen Ali in the olympics and knew what he could do, before pretty much everyone else did and knew and predicted one of the biggest upsets in boxing history.

With the money that my father won, he bought a ranch spread in Colorado where he build his house and where I was then born.

So I am indebted to Ali for, in a manner of speaking, providing for my family....

Muhammad-Ali-Quote-Top-10-Rules-For-Success-Greatest-Fights-Evan-Carmichael.jpg

R.I.P to the greatest!

I wish I could've watched him live in his prime. God bless him

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
People will talk about his hands. They'll talk about his feet. The guy had a jaw of stone. Something that never gets mentioned nearly enough.

Rip Champ

Ken Norton disagrees.:p

But yes, Ali could take a beating with the best of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back