PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richards Absolutely WAS Traded to Atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its like my birthday christmas easter and my kids being born at the same time.

So I had just got my D&D coffee and was tuned in to a local Atlanta sports show and heard the breaking news that Richards was traded for a 7th.

My first thought was, "I'll bet Chris is a happy guy today."

Now if BB could get your Dez thing going .......:D

Quinn, it was Legion of Boom. With an 'm', not a 'b'. That's what you're trying to recreate from your Seattle days. HTH.

Regards,
Chris

If someone ever writes a book in 10 years (or whenever) about BBs tenure I would love to hear/read what the hell went so terribly wrong with their draft evaluation of Richards. All combine/pro day tests showed his lack of athleticism and yet it looked like BB, Caserio & co. didn't put much stock into them.

Someone must have used the metric system without telling others and screwed up all the values.

I think it's as simple as BB falling in love with the guy's brain and trusting that he'll be able to put him into situations where his lack of athletic ability could be masked. But that is NOT a guy you burn a second round pick on.

Just "Loved " the OPs post.

Hopefully all 17,000+ members of PatsFans will do the same.

All combine/pro day tests showed his lack of athleticism

Oddly, Richards measurables were pretty close to those of Chung and Harmon. Richards actually had the better shuttle, 3-cone and 10yd split.

Richards has gotta be strictly ST for ATL. Dan Quinn wants his defense to play quick, makes no sense to bring in one of the slowest safeties in the league.

I think it's as simple as BB falling in love with the guy's brain and trusting that he'll be able to put him into situations where his lack of athletic ability could be masked. But that is NOT a guy you burn a second round pick on.
Coach Richards.

It's a steal that we still got something in return for Richards. He is possibly the worst football player I've seen in a Patriots uniform since I became a football fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes