PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richards Absolutely WAS Traded to Atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ding dong the wicked witch is dead

Days like these are far too few. Days when the agents of misrule are summarily Robespierred

Darkness is driven back at last

Last edited:
They should have traded him to a team in the division. :)

I think the Pats may have wanted to avoid embarrassing him right off the bat. They don't play the Falcons in the regular season again until 2021.

It’s over guys. BB will announce his resignation within a few days, as his powers have clearly been stripped. First Guerrero spotted on the plane and now Richards traded. Thanks for the banners, Bill.

If I were a GM in that situation, I'd try to do something amusing like offering a conditional 7th rounder in 2028.

I wonder if there is some kind of rule preventing GM from trading picks so far away?

Like “let me trade my 2027, 2028, 2029 for Mack
I won’t be the GM then so **** it”

I’d be happy if we got a bag of rocks but a conditional draft pick would be a steal.

I'd like to thank everybody who contributed to this thread. I was literally laughing out loud after every comment. I think if you combined all of the Jets Suck threads from over the years there weren't as many, justified, rip jobs which really tells you how epic this is.

In New Orleans they started selling the Jordan Richards Po Boy. It's week old shrimp guaranteed to make you toss your cookies. It only costs a conditional 7 cents.

I can see the tshirts already, Atlanta blew a 7th rounder on this:

jordan-richards-corey-clement.jpg

I'm happy to see him go as a player but also because all of the piling-on made me kind of sad for him too. I wish him well!

And I hope he returns as a coach and never a player someday.

I mean i get that everyone is making fun of the falcons but JR is a good ST player as long as he doesn't have to play normal defense. Not following them so maybe ST was a weak point for them.

Last edited:
The trade should have been Richards for one of the Falcons (unlimited) UDFAs in 2027. Not the UDFA himself, but the right to use a signing on an UDFA.

I wouldn't put much stock into what Bill says - for public consumption, that is - about a player on his own team.

It’s not the first time he has praised a player and let them go days later. He never throws any players under a bus. It’s probably why we even got anything in return at all.

I mean i get that everyone is making fun of the falcons but JR is a good ST player as long as he doesn't have to play normal defense. Not following them so maybe he ST was a weak point for them.

Was listening to the sports radio down here in Atlanta and they thought it was to address their Safety issues.

"Who's Jordan Richards?"

"Oh....a second round pick Safety.....Interesting...." hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back