PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richards Absolutely WAS Traded to Atlanta?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Richards just might be the biggest bust in the last couple of years since Ras-IR Dowling. Just an awful, awful pick.

Just "Loved " the OPs post.

Hopefully all 17,000+ members of PatsFans will do the same.
mfO9fBw.jpg

Same number as Gillette Stadium capacity. What a coincidence.

Last edited:
So what are the conditions to get a 7th back ...

He has to make at least 1 tackle?

If so then we get nothing ...........

Was listening to the sports radio down here in Atlanta and they thought it was to address their Safety issues.

"Who's Jordan Richards?"

"Oh....a second round pick Safety.....Interesting...." hahahaha

Yeah just goes to show how insular the overwhelming majority of fanbases and media members are. Like you said a lot of them see "second round pick" and assume there might be something to salvage. It is the same with that weird subgroup here on this board that want Paxton Lynch. They see first round QB and think "there might be something there".

No. If you have seen him you know he is garbage. He is a bigger bust than Jordan Richards and, yet, because he was drafted early he is a shiny object.

I'm happy to see him go as a player but also because all of the piling-on made me kind of sad for him too. I wish him well!
Ditto that. As someone who's done his share of complaining about Richards (specifically just on defense), I hope to hell he doesn’t absorb a fraction of the “hate” that is likely being shared all over social media, sports radio, football forums, etc. It’s easy to forget that this is just a game and that he probably had many sleepless nights in February.

Yeah just goes to show how insular the overwhelming majority of fanbases and media members are. Like you said a lot of them see "second round pick" and assume there might be something to salvage. It is the same with that weird subgroup here on this board that want Paxton Lynch. They see first round QB and think "there might be something there".

No. If you have seen him you know he is garbage. He is a bigger bust than Jordan Richards and, yet, because he was drafted early he is a shiny object.

This Jordan wasted draft pick "controversy" seems to be driven by sports talk radio, where they love conspiracy theories in their myopic world.. while ignoring the "big picture" of what is happening across the league.. Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler immediately come to mind, but the NFL is littered with second round picks that many fans would considered "wasted"... just read about Hau'oli Kikaha a second round pick from NOLA...

NE Fans need to be informed and stop the nonsense that this type of thing only happens to this team.. Danny Shelton was a former 1st round pick of the Browns.. you do not trade impactful 1st round picks..

WOW,,,,,,,I have never been happy about a player leaving the Pats.
This is a first ,,,,how did Bill manage to do this?
Are they that Blind !!!!!!

Danny Shelton was a former 1st round pick of the Browns.. you do not trade impactful 1st round picks.

The caveat to this is that there are many teams, like the Browns, that are perennially unsuccessful with certain players due to their relentless attempts to jam square pegs into round holes. In Shelton's case, he was pretty productive for the Browns in his second season in the league (2016). And then, last season, Gregg Williams happened.

This is not to say that the Pats haven't also had issues with misjudging how a particular college prospect would develop in their preferred schemes and system.

And, of course, the players themselves have no control over what round they're picked in or what team they're picked by.

WOW,,,,,,,I have never been happy about a player leaving the Pats.
This is a first ,,,,how did Bill manage to do this?
Are they that Blind !!!!!!

College prospects don't come with guarantees, regardless what round they're drafted in. That's why they're called "prospects" and not "players". They're only "prospective players".

Teams acquire prospects in the draft who have the measurables and tape and intangibles to indicate the potential to become a successful player in their schemes/system, and then they work hard try to develop those prospects into players. When that fails, it's not caused by "blindness", unless you're defining blindness as anything less than perfect prescience.

Hindsight is always 20-20.

This makes me feel guilty.

Why?

I see good people get laid off or fired from their jobs every day of my life, people who are living paycheck to paycheck supporting a family...

Jordan Richards is a great guy, I'd buy him a beer if I saw him out of respect.... but he sucked at his job, a job in which he has earned $3,711,548.00 american dollars while sucking at it, and he's still got a job now its just down in Atlanta... So considering all of that, along with his Stanford education that he got on scholarship, I would say Jordan Richards is doing just fine in life.

I don't wish him ill will, stand up guy, but we needed a Safety in the 2nd round and instead we got a special teams player that misses lots of tackles

It just didn't work out, no hard feelings... but i don't feel bad for him and i certainly don't feel guilty about it or my opinion of his performance as a football player making millions of dollars

Why?

I see good people get laid off or fired from their jobs every day of my life, people who are living paycheck to paycheck supporting a family...

Jordan Richards is a great guy, I'd buy him a beer if I saw him out of respect.... but he sucked at his job, a job in which he has earned $3,711,548.00 american dollars while sucking at it, and he's still got a job now its just down in Atlanta... So considering all of that, along with his Stanford education that he got on scholarship, I would say Jordan Richards is doing just fine in life.

I don't wish him ill will, stand up guy, but we needed a Safety in the 2nd round and instead we got a special teams player that misses lots of tackles

It just didn't work out, no hard feelings... but i don't feel bad for him and i certainly don't feel guilty about it or my opinion of his performance as a football player making millions of dollars
I guess because of rooting for him to improve we all made light of him sucking in reality he is a 100 times better at Football than anyone posting in this forum.

I guess because of rooting for him to improve we all made light of him sucking in reality he is a 100 times better at Football than anyone posting in this forum.

Right, but he gets paid a lot of money to be a football player, its his job.. we aren't football players

I rooted for and defended him for years, but he didn't improve and he was using a roster spot that another young, promising and hungry player could take advantage of. Jordan Richards never took advantage of his, I don't hate him for it but I'm not sad that we've moved on and will give another guy a shot to make an impact on this team

Apples to oranges comparison. It’s his job to be a football player not an accountant. Compare him to other players at his position and the mistakes he repeatedly makes and you’ll see how we needed to improve in this area.

This Jordan wasted draft pick "controversy" seems to be driven by sports talk radio, where they love conspiracy theories in their myopic world.. while ignoring the "big picture" of what is happening across the league.. Paxton Lynch, Brock Osweiler immediately come to mind, but the NFL is littered with second round picks that many fans would considered "wasted"... just read about Hau'oli Kikaha a second round pick from NOLA...

NE Fans need to be informed and stop the nonsense that this type of thing only happens to this team.. Danny Shelton was a former 1st round pick of the Browns.. you do not trade impactful 1st round picks..
Absolutely!

The draft is just a lottery pick, but better position means better odds in the lottery. In our case, people seem to forget that the cost of winning all those division titles, conference titles and Super Bowls is bad draft position.

We are blessed that BB does connect on draft picks quite regularly and he focuses on locking the good ones into long term contracts as soon as they are proven. If they don't, he and his staff are excellent at judging players that other teams don't value correctly. We get a lot of our "middle class" players via other team's mistakes.

It's silly to judge the whole product just based on how the team drafts.

BB was an economics major. If he can't get talent from the draft, he tries out UDFAs or veteran free agents or players on the waiver wire. If he can't get players with the right valuation he changes how he plays the game. No good deep threat? OK, we'll throw more slant routes and run more.

The results speak for themselves.

Such a false equivalence.

Just because I can't cook , I can't complain about getting a bad meal at a restaurant?

I'm the one paying for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back