PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rich Eisen:Why Brady is the Greatest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I listened to it too but to be fair there IS a lot of persecution/victim complex about anything said about the patriots by a lot of fans who react and respond to it after deflating nonsense . So maybe well founded but some aren't e.g every flag thrown against us doesnt mean league is out to get us .

The problem is that nonsense allegations and overblown nonsense is constantly thrown in our face. Hell, there are even Pats fans who think the Pats do cheat (any more than any other team) or Deflategate actually happened. I'm sorry, but I'm going to defend my team off the cliff. If you don't want to hear it, don't call them god-damn cheaters. I'm going to call it like it is, ********. I would love nothing more than to get a seat on some of these shows just so I can call these mediots on their BS and expose what little they know or catch them in a flat out lie.

As for Brady's receivers, it's a valid point. Aside from Randy Moss for a couple years, he's really not had anyone really elite offensively. Same goes for Corey Dillon. Brown, Branch, Edelman, and Welker are/were very good, but not likely to sniff the HOF, except for maybe Welker. He did get a Gronk to replace Mr. Moss, but he's also missed lot of time, including playoff games. Compared to the other stats-driven QBs, it's noticeably thinner.

Manning is obviously the first example. He had Harrison and Wayne for much of his career with E. James out of the backfield. Then he got to swap over to E Sanders, Thomas, Decker, and even Welker (until he fell apart). Rodgers has had less flat out stars, though he's had good outside receivers in Driver, Nelson, and Jennings. Brees I would say is most like Brady without many big names, though even he had Graham and Colston, and they always seem to have a plethora of fast, talented receivers every year.

Yeah those guys are mostly no names. I get the fan base loves them but the reason he's saying their names out loud is nobody else knows who the hell most of them are.

Manning played most of his career with two HOFers and a couple top ten guys. Ben has had several guys who were top receivers. Montana too. Hell Roddy White and Julio Jones are two guys that were better than anyone Brady had except for Moss for 2 years and Ryan has had them since he started.

Yeah I think saying no name is overly simplistic. Being a good or great receiver in NE requires different traits than those who are "great" elsewhere.

The main theme of the Erhardt-Perkins style system is that it relies more on a cerebral receiver than one that is simply more athletic than his defending counterpart.

So calling Troy Brown a "no name" receiver is a lazy way of saying he is hard studier with a high football IQ. Oh and he happened to be clutch as **** on the biggest stage.

Lets win this SB.. but I think the whole AFC going to be a dumpster fire next year in terms of anyone in our path going forward .

I know Eisen as a Michigan guy likes Brady but he seems as angry as anybody on this board in this segment. He must be fed up with the media hyperbole against Brady and probably on his own show.

If he tells Marshall and Kurt to STFU I think he gets voted into the Patriots HOF as a media member. :)

Yeah I listened to it too but to be fair there IS a lot of persecution/victim complex about anything said about the patriots by a lot of fans who react and respond to it after deflating nonsense . So maybe well founded but some aren't e.g every flag thrown against us doesnt mean league is out to get us .

I don't care for the victim complex either (it has gotten really old) but the Pats have been victimized, and just because a lot of fans complain doesn't mean it isn't true.

I know Eisen as a Michigan guy likes Brady but he seems as angry as anybody on this board in this segment. He must be fed up with the media hyperbole against Brady and probably on his own show.

If he tells Marshall and Kurt to STFU I think he gets voted into the Patriots HOF as a media member. :)

Rich Eisen is a Jets fan.

He also throws a football like this ...

I'm surprised to hear this from Eisen, who's a known Jets fan and frequently take a jab at the Pats.

I'm surprised to hear this from Eisen, who's a known Jets fan and frequently take a jab at the Pats.

Eisen was pretty good through the deflategate BS. He pretty much called it BS.

If you watch Gameday Morning Eisen is pretty supportive of the Patriots. I think after Irvin he's the next biggest Pats supporter. I cant recall ever hearing him say something bad about them and he praises Brady every chance he gets.

As for calling the receivers no names...they are. That's not to say people don't know who they are now but none of them are Hall of Famers. When he says they are no name its not to disparage them but if you are honest with yourself you know that very few non-Patriots fans will remember who these guys are in 20 years. I mean even now if you asked fans of other teams to name any 5 receivers Brady played with his first 5 years in the league (through 3 superbowls) you may get one name.

We once had a cat, and we couldn't pick a name, so we went with "Noname" (no-NAH-mee).

**** y'all, this is wicked relevant.
We had a cat long ago whose name was NoDog.

chisholm-paranoia.jpg

He then went on to say Patriot fans are wrong about their persecution complex especially regarding spygate. His logic was that for Roger to have destroyed the tapes then they must have been really, really bad, blah blah blah.
Except we know that he is wrong. He just has to go ask Jay Glazer to borrow his copy of some tapes. Also weren't the media allowed to view the tapes before they were destroyed.

He went on rant yesterday why Brady is the best just by lookin at his WRs over the yrs

Man, I love reading these articles and watching the videos

It's like I'm 18 again and reading Penthouse Forum :D

brady can make anybody legit as long as they are smart, hard worker and have good hands.

3 important thing as a Pats WR

1. know your routes because brady knows where you will be.
2. get ready to catch the ball, don't run before you catch.
3. don't drop the ball, you will lose brady's trust.
4. fight for the ball.
5. get that YAC after brady led you with the ball.

it's pretty simple. you can pretty much insert anyone who can do those things and they will make plays. it's a simple game. you don't have to be calvin johnson or julio jones to be successful.

guys like ocho cinco, kenbril, dobson, and etc failed because they couldn't grasp the playbook and they lost brady's trust. and there's only 1 ball. if others do those things above better than you, then odds are brady will throw the ball to that guy, not you.

so basically earn brady's trust and you will produce. guys like doug baldwin will be dominant as a pat. antonio brown would might get 150 rec and seriously challenge 2000 yds. brady doesn't care about spreading the ball around as long as chain is moving.

I don't disagree with idea that there is a lot of persecution/victim complex.

I just thought that was not the time or place for Eisen to trot out the 'well the must have been some awfully incriminating evidence for Roger to have the tapes destroyed' line.

If his whole reason was to laud Brady, why make that comment? It completely detracts from the point he was attempting to make; in fact it derails the entire topic of conversation. And that's without even getting in to the fact that we all saw two of the tapes, or that you cannot prove a negative.
I just wish everyone would just answer that by claiming Roger destroyed the tapes because they showed there was no competitive advantage and thus no reason for severe punishment.

The reason the Idiot destroyed the tapes is the same reason he hasn't released the
PSI data.It makes the NFL look more complicit in trying to level the playing field(Ha Ha) because the Patriots are so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST