PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Rhamondre Stevenson

Bruiser?

LeGarrette Blount Jr?​

Running a 4.63 second 40-yard dash

Oklahoma defensive end Ronnie Perkins and running back Rhamondre Stevenson will return to action Saturday against Texas Tech according to News 9 Sports. The two have been suspended since the Peach Bowl national semifinal loss to LSU in last season's College Football Playoff due to failed drug tests.Oct 31, 2020

Interesting that Patriots selected BOTH....
My theory, based on this and the fact that they claim to be friends with each other, is that they got suspended for sharing a blunt together. I think that's pretty cool.

Dane Brugler's summary (graded as a 4th rounder; 7th best RB in the draft):

A one-year starter at Oklahoma, Stevenson was a natural fit in head coach Lincoln Riley’s offense, thriving in his zone-blocking scheme. After not playing football for a year after high school and spending two seasons at the JUCO level, he rose to the top of the Sooners’ depth chart, leading the team in rushing in the six games he played in 2020 after returning from his failed drug test suspension. Stevenson moves like a much smaller back, displaying the lower-body agility to hit the cutback lane or navigate between gaps without gearing down. While he is a gliding athlete for a big man, he needs to consistently play up to his size as both a runner and blocker. Overall, Stevenson has a track record of inconsistency, but he is built for the pro game with the smooth footwork to collect, cut, and accelerate. He projects best as a one-cut runner with pass-catching promise.

Looks like bb is really committed to the run this year.

and it is doubtful Rex will be resigned.
Agree, that’s likely the roster spot he will take over.

this is nice . maybe hollywood jules finds it boring there as he should and comes home for some FO/coaching/character building duties
so this indeed makes it Burkheads 2021 roster spot to a T . not sure about Bolden making it though..

Last edited:
Disagree, goodbye Brandon Bolden, Michel will back up Harris, White, Taylor, and Stevenson will fill out the unit.
Him too.

For 2021, a decision on Sony will be made between now and camp. The decision on Sony for 2022 has already been made.

Him too.

For 2021, a decision on Sony will be made between now and camp. The decision on Sony for 2022 has already been made.
I think they will let Michel walk in free agency and take the comp pick for him. He will back up Harris this season. It’s hard for any Arab to make it through a season healthy these days, so having a starting caliber back up is important. I think we will see a focus on RB and CB next off-season.

I think they will let Michel walk in free agency and take the comp pick for him. He will back up Harris this season. It’s hard for any Arab to make it through a season healthy these days, so having a starting caliber back up is important. I think we will see a focus on RB and CB next off-season.
Won't be much of a comp pick but I don't disagree.

Harris/Sony/Rham/JJ/White seems like the most likely stable of ponies in 2021

I think they will let Michel walk in free agency and take the comp pick for him. He will back up Harris this season. It’s hard for any Arab to make it through a season healthy these days, so having a starting caliber back up is important. I think we will see a focus on RB WR and CB next off-season.

I think they will continue to sign a FA RB and/or draft a RB in the 3rd to 5th round each year like they have been doing. The FA might be Michel or White depending on price. I do not see a need for a change in focus, just keep the same train going.

Use the $$ of Michel's 5th yr and extend JC.

Need to give Harris a chance. If he flops, then Rham is the next one up.

Unless JJ is the "odd man out"...

This is hilarious. We need at least one starting caliber backup Arab.
A Bill Burr worthy, un PC comedy set up.
Can someone elaborate on what the problem is? Dehydration due to the climate they train in? Israeli snipers?

Can someone elaborate on what the problem is? Dehydration due to the climate they train in? Israeli snipers?
From what I hear, there's a lot of air conditioning over there, so it's probably the snipers.

Lmao, never caught that.

I think they will continue to sign a FA RB and/or draft a RB in the 3rd to 5th round each year like they have been doing. The FA might be Michel or White depending on price. I do not see a need for a change in focus, just keep the same train going.
I agree, but I think Belichick is going to stay aggressive the next couple of years, he laid a lot of the groundwork over the past year by cleaning up their cap and filling needs in free agency and the draft, but there are going to be losses in the secondary, and they still need to upgrade WR with big time talent. With Jones in the fold I see them building for the next two years to get to the level they want to stay at, final four every season, and that will take many more moves to get there. Overall they are much further along in the process than I expected them to be. It’s going to be a fascinating season

I agree, but I think Belichick is going to stay aggressive the next couple of years, he laid a lot of the groundwork over the past year by cleaning up their cap and filling needs in free agency and the draft, but there are going to be losses in the secondary, and they still need to upgrade WR with big time talent. With Jones in the fold I see them building for the next two years to get to the level they want to stay at, final four every season, and that will take many more moves to get there. Overall they are much further along in the process than I expected them to be. It’s going to be a fascinating season

This is a common thread throughout PatsFans (we don't have a #1 WR over and over), and it hardly ever happens. We had Moss and AB, neither ended up great. Edelman and Welker are great but not big time talents. BB much prefers a big time TE, but posters always want a big time WR. Winning 6 Super Bowls with "small time" WRs leads me to believe a big time WR is not a BB objective.

This is a common thread throughout PatsFans (we don't have a #1 WR over and over), and it hardly ever happens. We had Moss and AB, neither ended up great. Edelman and Welker are great but not big time talents. BB much prefers a big time TE, but posters always want a big time WR. Winning 6 Super Bowls with "small time" WRs leads me to believe a big time WR is not a BB objective.
Hard to argue with that, but Belichick adapts and i think he will add game breakers in coming years.

Hard to argue with that, but Belichick adapts and i think he will add game breakers in coming years.

If you expect it you will be disappointed, and then you might start a "We still don't have a #1 WR" thread and the vast majority of posters will roll their eyes. Limit expectations in life to stay happy and healthy. :D

Agreed. This season the Pats might not use Rex Burkhead. Next season they might no longer have Sony or even James White. I don't think it would be a surprise to see Bill draft a RB in the 3rd to 5th round for the next couple of drafts. A running back before that is generally poor value but a running back in the middle rounds is often the sweet spot especially if your team can grab a talented RB which has fallen because other teams have selected players of other positions. You can get superb value even if you have to sit the RB in the first year like Bill does.

Sony looked like he got his explosive burst back when he came back from injury.

Unless you count Troy Brown, we have never won the Superbowl while having an elite #1 wideout. Frankly the obsession about having one is something of a red herring.

#1 wideouts are pacifiers for the fans, they make fans of terrible teams feel a little better because flashy plays happen sometimes. But the game is won in the trenches and with 5-15 yard throws. Exactly what this team is built to do.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back