PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Rhamondre Stevenson

A dead ringer for Legarritte Blount, I gotta say it. I see his highlights and it's literally like I'm looking at Blount

Sweet!

I really wanted a late round Faulk/White type. This... is not it, but a big boi back who can catch is definitely intriguing.

A dead ringer for Legarritte Blount, I gotta say it. I see his highlights and it's literally like I'm looking at Blount
A Legarette Blount who can't possibly cost too much for like 3 years, what's not to like

See ya Sony.
Sony is still useful. Remember, last year he was working with chaos on the line, a weak blocking game at TE, multiple injuries at FB of all plaes, and no help from the quarterback. This for a guy who's a gap exploiter rather than a power back, no wonder he struggled last year. I'd still gladly take Sony on a team that can actually create gaps for him.

I think Stevenson is more of an heir for Burkhead as that really solid depth RB who you can bring in as fresh legs at the end of the game.

Sony is still useful. Remember, last year he was working with chaos on the line, a weak blocking game at TE, multiple injuries at FB of all plaes, and no help from the quarterback. This for a guy who's a gap exploiter rather than a power back, no wonder he struggled last year. I'd still gladly take Sony on a team that can actually create gaps for him.

I think Stevenson is more of an heir for Burkhead as that really solid depth RB who you can bring in as fresh legs at the end of the game.
I'm a Sony supporter but this pick means they aren't picking up his option.

JJ Taylor will replace Burkhead.

There are similarities no doubt, but that short yd/GL bruising people most remember from Blount is really not there yet with Stevenson - and since that is was BB was searching this offseason i hope he can unleash that and develop to be legit short yd / goal line back you can largely trust.
Watch him, it's there.

Stretch but look at what he does in close quarters, playing through some contact, light feet.

Look at where he's touched and contacted and where he ends up.

Also let's remember he was a big reason they didn't mind letting Sermon go and averaged 8.0 per carry last year and almost 7 per clip this year I believe.

Not a fan of this pick. Would have preferred a WR or a more dynamic RB. We need speed on offense not another plodder.

He seems like the rb we have all wanted for years, a guy that can break arm tackles. We will probably see him next year since no rb plays until they are solid in pass protection and not fumbling etc.

I like the Burkhead comp. Hopefully with a higher ceiling.

Not a fan of this pick. Would have preferred a WR or a more dynamic RB. We need speed on offense not another plodder.
I felt this way when we drafted Damien Harris in the third and he didn't even contribute that year. Now I want to clone him.

BB likes his beefy RBs.

Rham is not a plodder

I'm a Sony supporter but this pick means they aren't picking up his option.

I think that was clear before this pick. Not hating on Sony, but the cost vs production equation doesn't point towards a pay raise.

There are similarities no doubt, but that short yd/GL bruising people most remember from Blount is really not there yet with Stevenson - and since that is was BB was searching this offseason i hope he can unleash that and develop to be legit short yd / goal line back you can largely trust.
I think Harris is that, to be honest. he's so violent to the line.

I think that was clear before this pick. Not hating on Sony, but the cost vs production equation doesn't point towards a pay raise.
Well there may have been room for a modest extension but I don't think that is something will happen either.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back