PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Rhamondre Stevenson

I can't remember when they had a 1a and 1b at RB who were this talented and both are bruisers who can wear defenses down. There is no drop-off when Stevenson enters the game. In fact, he gives you an added (big play) threat in the passing game. His burst and change of direction ability for a guy his size are crazy. As was noted already, his best run of the night was called back on that Andrews hold….and the yards that he gained were not because of the hold.

Harris and Stevenson essentially split carries evenly last night, which keeps them both fresh. DBs are not going to want to tackle those two when the cold weather kicks in.

I can't remember when they had a 1a and 1b at RB who were this talented and both are bruisers who can wear defenses down. There is no drop-off when Stevenson enters the game. In fact, he gives you an added (big play) threat in the passing game. His burst and change of direction ability for a guy his size are crazy. As was noted already, his best run of the night was called back on that Andrews hold….and the yards that he gained were not because of the hold.

Harris and Stevenson essentially split carries evenly last night, which keeps them both fresh. DBs are not going to want to tackle those two when the cold weather kicks in.

Collins and James in 85?

Collins and James in 85?

Ha, I was thinking about the BB era, But that is a excellent historical example. Unlike a lot of posters here, I am old enough to have enjoyed that team. I was 11 years old at the time and the Raiders game and (even moreso) the “squish the fish” game are great childhood memories.

Apologies if this has been mentioned already but Stevensons run last night , that was called back for an Andrews penalty , was pretty exciting

Yeah, I remember watching that Superbowl in 85 from my grandma's house, but I was just a litle 6 year old sproglet so I didn't understand what was happening other than that the Patriots didn't win

Nothing beat a good old stiff arm.
Yeah, I remember watching that Superbowl in 85 from my grandma's house, but I was just a litle 6 year old sproglet so I didn't understand what was happening other than that the Patriots didn't win
Neither did the Pats that day, sadly.

He does look like the most talented RB clearly. He does need to improve blocking but skill wise he is very impressive.

Rham is going to be a beast. He catches the ball out of the backfield very smoothly and a force to tackle.

Last offseason I would've said Rham would spell the end for White. However, the way RB's get banged up so frequently, teams should stash as many RB's as they can. Unfortunately, it looks like White's hip could be the end of his career.

Nothing beat a good old stiff arm.

Neither did the Pats that day, sadly.

The one big flaw of that team was discipline. The emotional drain of the three road games didn't help, but the kicker was New Orleans was a bad place for a party-first team.

Plus the Bears D was really that good. We could have used a BB-type genius for that one.

I love Harris - he's a solid guy, and can run well. But, Rham might be a better overall back. I want to keep them both through next year, but wouldn't be surprised if they let Harris walk after rookie deal in favor of Rham.

Don’t be too hard on yourself…. The HC didn’t seem to understand what was happening terribly well either….

1977 or 78: Don Calhoun, Ike Forte, Horace Ivory, Sam Cunningham, Andy Johnson, et al. GREAT rushing team. Broke some records if I recall. Of course that was back when the running game was king all around the league. And yes, I'm old.

Mondre mondre mondre!!!!

1977 or 78: Don Calhoun, Ike Forte, Horace Ivory, Sam Cunningham, Andy Johnson, et al. GREAT rushing team. Broke some records if I recall. Of course that was back when the running game was king all around the league. And yes, I'm old.
Pleased to meet you! :p
obi-wan kenobi not the droids GIF

No more fumbles, Harris, Rham..

Harris+Rham with Bolden (replaces JamesWhite)....

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back