PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rham Stevenson

Ras-IR Dowling

2022 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Play this guy going forward please. The whole redshirt season went out the window anyway when we dealt Sony. No more Bolden at rb. Harris Rham and Taylor going forward.

I don't see the point of Bolden or even Jakob on the roster right now. If we stay with this oc we need like 7 wide receivers....

Think we need all the help we can get just now and leaving Rham out is not helping. I can understand the need for him to learn from his mistakes but get him back and give him more chances. Cant be much worse.

If Rham was good enough to play the opener then he deserves another chance as we are in dire need.

I am assuming White is done and we are kicking the tires on some RBs. Stevenson and JJ should be active every week from here out.

can he pick up blocks? he's big enough to, but does he have the skills?

Agreed. And Rham should take the Sony role to compliment Harris. No Bell cow type. Use these 3 to keep everyone fresh.
Which means that Taylor wont dress and Rahm will see 7 carries all game.

Respect Bolden but no. All set.

Time for the kids.

I’m sure the dislocated thumb has kept him inactive.
Could have contributed to the fumble.

He’ll have to now. If the plan for potential life without james white was bolden filling his role and one of rham/Taylor inactive then we failed at maaging rb depth this year

I don't think they have a choice now that White is out indefinitely. They are going to have to dress and play Stevenson now.

can he pick up blocks? he's big enough to, but does he have the skills?
No and no. Its a concern. We dont want him in there for passpro. Could get Mac killed.
Size has almost nothing to do with blocking. The 2 best blocking rbs in the Belichick/Brady Era are K.Faulk and J.White. Rham needs to really work on this or his snaps will be limited. It wasnt something he did in college so cant blame him. But this ain't college no mo' .
Buckle down Stevenson we need you on the field.

Comments:

- Yes, Rham should be made active.

- He needs to block better. Period. Full stop.

- Bolden is needed for ST's.

- Yes to Taylor covering for White, but no reason Harris can't see a few balls thrown his way. Harris is good in space.

Respect Bolden but no. All set.

Time for the kids.

Like it or not, Bolden is now the 3rd down back for as long as White is out.

Neither Taylor or Rham have the experience or knowledge to handle the intricacy of being a 3rd down back.

we should have kept sony michel

like him or not, last year he was a different runner... was hitting the holes hard when given the opportunity...

Hopefully Rham spent his inactive time learning how to pass block. He got annihilated by Elandon Robert’s in week 1. Never seen any of Patriots running back embarrassed by the blitzing LB that badly before.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back