PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rewatch: Patriots vs Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted a screenshot earlier in the thread that clearly shows that Watt was offsides. Not much Cannon can do about that.

EDIT: Found it

It wasn't that one....the specific play I had in mind was a PA fake out of an I formation...

Let me check the game book...

It was this specific play (they didn't line up in the shotgun though):

3rd & 7 at HOU 20
(6:08 - 3rd) (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to C.Hogan [J.Watt].

For those knocking on HT for being slow or missing his keys, remember he hasn't played an NFL game in a long time. He has plenty of rust to knock off. I think he'll be fine.

Dude you love to argue about anything & everything, we get it. This isn't the thread for that. There's a whole thread dedicated to "scheme lol" I'd love to see you pull up quotes of others saying it bc they don't exist. Again though do it in there. This is Houston/New England.

You were the one singling yourself out as a lone wolf on an issue that was the topic of debate in a thread. Someone else pointed out that you weren't the only one, and I just agreed with his position, nothing more. Since then, you've insisted that you were the only one, and then tried cutting off discussion by effectively saying "Now that I've had my say, discussion on the matter is closed."

I'd love to see you pull up quotes of others saying it bc they don't exist.

Kontra is just one example of those who were saying the same thing

Pats defense learning quickly under Brian Flores

Here he is revisiting it in one of the exhibition GDTs

Game Day Thread - 2018 Preseason G2: PHI @ NE

And here's me commenting on the same thing

Brian Flores

It's a good problem to have. Davis didn't standout in the run game from what I saw but he definitely brings some added versatility inside.

In the vein of "continuation of pre-season" the first game showed significant tape on who will be filling what role on this DL. There were some combos that were good versus the run and some better at rushing the passer - probably will see even more mixing and matching this week.

Someone posted a screenshot earlier in the thread that clearly shows that Watt was offsides. Not much Cannon can do about that.

EDIT: Found it

I think the play the poster was talking about was a hit Watt had on Brady after he threw the ball. The play where Watt was offside sure looked like Waddle at tackle - unless Cannon grew dreds. :)

Inside the NFL has a perfect view of the Gronk catch. Gronk's hand is underneath the ball. It's pretty clear he's got a control of the ball. The only question is knocking the ball out at the end.

pardon moi...but I didn't read the thread...tell me, did we win again?...or did FakingHe'sAPatsfandy try to twist everyone into "it's a bad loss!"

You were the one singling yourself out as a lone wolf on an issue that was the topic of debate in a thread. Someone else pointed out that you weren't the only one, and I just agreed with his position, nothing more. Since then, you've insisted that you were the only one, and then tried cutting off discussion by effectively saying "Now that I've had my say, discussion on the matter is closed."

Kontra is just one example of those who were saying the same thing

Pats defense learning quickly under Brian Flores

Here he is revisiting it in one of the exhibition GDTs

Game Day Thread - 2018 Preseason G2: PHI @ NE

And here's me commenting on the same thing

Brian Flores
I was wrong

Looks to me like Dorsett screwed this one up a bit by overshooting his man initially and then being in an awkward position to block for the inside. Yes, there is a gap on the outside that a better RB might have seen but it's easier to tell from above in A22 than in the split second while in the middle of the action.
The outside looks covered too, it takes time to move laterally. Cutting back inside and running straight gains the most yards I think.

Not the biggest deal but again there's a lot of room to work with. Esp w the only defender close to him coming downhill.

Can you elaborate what you mean that the RPO got into the LBs head ? I don't see anyone doing anything wrong or impulsive here and would like to understand what I am missing.

Inside the NFL has a perfect view of the Gronk catch. Gronk's hand is underneath the ball. It's pretty clear he's got a control of the ball. The only question is knocking the ball out at the end.

Should be a catch according to the new rules. But then again good luck them making the right decision in the heat of the moment with time pressure.

Great write up by someone on Reddit. If the writer is a member here, props. :cool:

Sometimes you just never know in these Drafts or write ups I didn't think Bentley would move that well based on his size I thought he would be a run thumper. What a sight for sore eyes he is especially on the LB Needy N.E Patriots .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye