PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis didn't even try (KC vs TEN video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of people who give a **** about Revis astounds me. I don't care about him any more than I care about Gary Guyton. Who gives a ****

I agree...he is as relevant to me as Shawn "Chicken Legs" Crable. As in, 0.0%

229u6j.jpg

229u2g

I don't see this thread being about bitterness. The topic is notable no matter who the player was. That lack of effort was embarrassing. I have never seen so many examples of I-don't-give-a-**** from a player in one game. A Playoff Game!

This Thread is about pointing and laughing at a Chump who disgraced himself many times before and after his stay, here, and needed the gravitational power of these surroundings to center himself long enough to contribute meaningfully.

He might've learned something from being here, but instead willfully chose to return to his mercenary, soulless ways, exhibiting no Honor and no Integrity.

His Character proved to be unworthy of'is Talent.

He has no Honor...and he has no Passion.

He will be noted as a member of one Championship Team...a member who got beat by mediocre Players when it mattered most...and will be otherwise forgotten.

And even that is more than he deserves.

He owns tremendous Wealth...but his Future harbinges not financial and personal Growth but financial and personal Decay...Let's see where he's at in 10 Years.

I haven't seen anyone comment on who he refused to tackle, it was Derrick freaking Henry. I know he hasn't set the NFL on fire, and he hasn't even been able to consistently start ahead of Demarco Murray. I watched Derrick Henry all throughout college, and I know his faults. He is kind of like a bigger, faster, tougher LaGarrett Blount. By that I mean: unlike more gifted running backs, Henry takes a while to build up speed, so he can get stood up at the line more than you would think. And, although very fast when he builds up speed, he isn't amazingly shifty.

However, once he builds up speed, he is an absolute terror to defensive backs, he simply runs over them (again, like a faster, stronger Blount). He may not be anywhere near the best running back in the NFL, but if you were to give an award to the "Running Back I Least Want to Tackle with a Head of Steam" I'm sure defensive backs would unanimously elect Henry.

I guess my point is: if there was a play that Revis would not want any part of, it would be tackling a charging bull like Henry.:D

It reminds me of that wonderful play years ago when the Jet's Antonio Cromartie didn't want any part of the Broncos Tim Tebow charging into the end zone and practically ran directly away from him. Good times for the Jets. :).

Last edited:
Remember how peeved we all were when we didnt re-sign him after 2014?

"All"? Speak for yourself. ;)

Yeah because making this thread shows nobody in this forum is bitter.

Darrelle Revis

Amusing Link...But it still doesn't make "all" equal "some". Sorry if that's a source of embarrassment or confusion for you, but there it is. o_O

If you'd said "Remember how peeved some of us were when we didn't re-sign him?" thus acknowledging that some'f us had cooler heads and declared our willingness to walk away from Revis...then nobody would be calling you out on your ********. :)

Some of us weren't willing to pay a Mint for a fading SuperStar:

"01 ~ Cut Darrelle Revis loose. I applaud that move by Mad Bill, just as I approved his snagging Revis at a Discount, a Year ago. Revis is worth every Penny he's getting, but if he wasn't going to extend the Discount we got last Year, he had to go.

For those just getting in: Turns out that there's a Salary Cap, and if you dump Multiple Millions on Free Agents about to pass their Prime, your bottom 20 Players are gonna be Wretched Refuse, and your Team is going to suck."

So, yeah: speak for yourself. ;)

Amusing Link...But it still doesn't make "all" equal "some". Sorry if that's a source of embarrassment or confusion for you, but there it is. o_O

If you'd said "Remember how peeved some of us were when we didn't re-sign him?" thus acknowledging that some'f us had cooler heads and declared our willingness to walk away from Revis...then nobody would be calling you out on your ********. :)

Some of us weren't willing to pay a Mint for a fading SuperStar:

"01 ~ Cut Darrelle Revis loose. I applaud that move by Mad Bill, just as I approved his snagging Revis at a Discount, a Year ago. Revis is worth every Penny he's getting, but if he wasn't going to extend the Discount we got last Year, he had to go. For those just getting in: Turns out that there's a Salary Cap, and if you dump Multiple Millions on Free Agents about to pass their Prime, your bottom 20 Players are gonna be Wretched Refuse, and your Team is going to suck."

So, yeah: speak for yourself. ;)

I think his point was that people weren't happy Revis was cut or not signed because they knew he would suck rather because they didn't want Bill to over spend.

I remember there was a similar thread about Cromartie doing the same thing in his last game with the Chargers. **** effort is **** effort and I've got no issue if people want to ridicule it.

I haven't seen anyone comment on who he refused to tackle, it was Derrick freaking Henry. I know he hasn't set the NFL on fire, and he hasn't even been able to consistently start ahead of Demarco Murray. I watched Derrick Henry all throughout college, and I know his faults. He is kind of like a bigger, faster, tougher LaGarrett Blount. By that I mean: unlike more gifted running backs, Henry takes a while to build up speed, so he can get stood up at the line more than you would think. And, although very fast when he builds up speed, he isn't amazingly shifty.

However, once he builds up speed, he is an absolute terror to defensive backs, he simply runs over them (again, like a faster, stronger Blount). He may not be anywhere near the best running back in the NFL, but if you were to give an award to the "Running Back I Least Want to Tackle with a Head of Steam" I'm sure defensive backs would unanimously elect Henry.

I guess my point is: if there was a play that Revis would not want any part of, it would be tackling a charging bull like Henry.:D

It reminds me of that wonderful play years ago when the Jet's Antonio Cromartie didn't want any part of the Broncos Tim Tebow charging into the end zone and practically ran directly away from him. Good times for the Jets. :).

Well argued, Bro, but it's the PlayOffs. o_O

There's no unbeatable Team out there this Year, not even the Patriots, and Revis's "Business Decision" might very well'f cost'm the Game.

If you aren't willing to do whatever it takes ~ like that ***** Cam Newton failing to jump on that Fumble in the Super Bowl ~ you've got no business on the field.

I think his point was that people weren't happy Revis was cut or not signed because they knew he would suck rather because they didn't want Bill to over spend.

I took it that he was amused ~ or bemused ~ that many of us were loudly proclaiming that we should pay whatever the Market bore for Revis 3 Years ago.

And indeed I share his amusement and bemusement.

Thanks Revis for letting me buy an NFL authentic jersey for $10, so I could rip your name off the back to pretend it is my Ty Law jersey.

Well argued, Bro, but it's the PlayOffs. o_O

There's no unbeatable Team out there this Year, not even the Patriots, and Revis's "Business Decision" might very well'f cost'm the Game.

If you aren't willing to do whatever it takes ~ like that ***** Cam Newton failing to jump on that Fumble in the Super Bowl ~ you've got no business on the field.
It also wasn’t a head on tackle where he could get run over. He had an angle.

Thankful Revis played hard for us.
If he dogged it he could of cost us the Superbowl.

Thankful Revis played hard for us.
If he dogged it he could of cost us the Superbowl.

If he dogged it, Belichick would have dumped him like he did Albert Haynesworthless.

I think a good part of my bitterness at the time was due to the fact that he went back to the hated Jets, and how he used us for leverage. Also, the obvious tampering made it that much worse.

There shouldn’t have been any question that it was an overpriced deal that was likely to fail.

I remember Mevis avoiding Tebow in that game on a run to the right before the winning TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes