PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis: "Because I'm old."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no hard feelings toward Revis. He played on our team for one year and helped us win our only super bowl in the past twelve years, and he represented us in the pro bowl. He earned his money that year, it was a happy 1 year marriage.

I totally agree!

But he can go **** himself because he's a Jet now

Wait wait wait... are you saying that if the Pats traded McCourty to the Jets for Revis last year, they would have won the Super Bowl?

Last season was entirely about an injured and poorly prepared offensive line. An all-knowing and omnipotent God could have been playing corner and he would not have made a difference against the Broncos front seven in the AFCC.

This year, Revis showed up out of shape and disinterested in helping the Jets compete for a playoff spot.

“wait .. is he praising TB there .. or .. is he saying that there might've been better QBs but just didn't step on the field?“

Brady is saying "If you ever play for another team, this ass is mine".

Well at least he has a ring. During his HOF acceptance speech he should thank the jets for trading him so that he could get a ring.

I wouldn't go putting him in Canton just yet. I mean the dude is only what? 32, 32?? He should still be in his prime, especially in this day and age.

He's lost a lot of my respect by how he's handled this last contract, and I doubt highly that I'm the only one.

Last season was entirely about an injured and poorly prepared offensive line. An all-knowing and omnipotent God could have been playing corner and he would not have made a difference against the Broncos front seven in the AFCC.

This year, Revis showed up out of shape and disinterested in helping the Jets compete for a playoff spot.

The Pats were still a missed PAT from going to overtime, so I don't agree with that at all. A moderate improvement in any phase of the game could well have been enough to push us over the top in the AFCCG.

That said, I'm not at all convinced that swapping McCourty for Revis would've been an improvement then, and it definitely wouldn't be now.

Since 2004, Brady has thrown 25 picks in 22 playoff games and failed to score 20 points in seven of his nine losses. He has contributed to his "wasted" years.

The flip side to that is Bill has put FAR too much on Brady's plate in attempt to cover up the deficiencies we have everywhere else.

It works in the regular season, but come playoff time, it's just too much to ask if any one player. Even TB12.

The Pats were still a missed PAT from going to overtime, so I don't agree with that at all. A moderate improvement in any phase of the game could well have been enough to push us over the top in the AFCCG.

That said, I'm not at all convinced that swapping McCourty for Revis would've been an improvement then, and it definitely wouldn't be now.

Man that missed PAT was SOOOO brutal.

I've spent years arguing with people over why Bill didn't kick that FG in the first SB against the Giants.

Meh, I guess I still wonder.

Me?...I wonder what the hell happened to Frank Moga Jr. The greatest, unintentionally funny poster in sports board history...."don't have a canary, Hoss..."

Revis is old, no shame. anyone who knows anything knows that from the time he got into the league in 2007 until 2014 was an lite player. I admittedly at the time was for resigning him because it seems as if a lot of the great corners last until 35. I was wrong, time for the guy to try saeft. If he fails, oh well. still a hall of famer, and still the greatest man coverage corner of his generation

I have no hard feelings toward Revis. He played on our team for one year and helped us win our only super bowl in the past twelve years, and he represented us in the pro bowl. He earned his money that year, it was a happy 1 year marriage.

I look at Mevis more like a weekend with an expensive hooker. Great while it lasted but I never thought that we'd end up married. :)

Tom Brady has played in 6 Super Bowls. In all of them he brought his team down the field in the to take the lead with less than 3:00 minutes left.

That is truly amazing.

I ran out of adjectives that describe Brady a long time ago so I settled at GOAT. Amazing fits perfectly too. He has a will to win that just seems to bubble up to the surface at the most important times.

Even in his 4 AFCC game losses he did okay. One game was stolen by the refs in Indy and the other was taken away by Belichick/Gostkowski in Denver.

I look at Mevis more like a weekend with an expensive hooker. Great while it lasted but I never thought that we'd end up married. :)

Ironic, isn't it, that a guy named Woody Johnson had to pay four times as much to be the next guy in line to enjoy the unique talents of that expensive hooker.

You may not, and that's your prerogative, but I and many Patriots fans do:

Darrelle Revis talks Deflategate: Patriots 'have history of doing stuff'

Jets' Darrelle Revis: NFL 'did what it had to do' with Tom Brady suspension

F*ck him.

He should be considering a move to safety. He's still a good corner, but he'll keep regressing (knee), but with his smarts, he'll be a great safety for years to come.

Me?...I wonder what the hell happened to Frank Moga Jr. The greatest, unintentionally funny poster in sports board history...."don't have a canary, Hoss..."

And Toll Booth Bob Jensen, a Jets fan back on USENET

$39 million in guaranteed money.

Jets got suckered

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday