PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis: "Because I'm old."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was absolutely fine with the Pats picking up Revis' ridiculous option. They were already on the hook for a 5 million cap charge. Once they did that, I'm guessing he would have been more open to renegotiate. Nobody wanted the Pats to sign him for more than a few years. BUT if you switched out Revis for McCourty last year, it would have been enough to put them over the top.

Brady is 39, and another year is now wasted for him with this defense. What happens after he retires is a problem they can look at then.

Since 2004, Brady has thrown 25 picks in 22 playoff games and failed to score 20 points in seven of his nine losses. He has contributed to his "wasted" years.

Isn't the real reason the Jets lost -- they only scored 6 points? That's PATHETIC!!

9 points allowed by a defense is overall quite good a result.

Anyways if Revis is sucking this year it makes it all that much more satisfying that the Jets are under that huge cap burden for an underpeforming player.

Its the way that he left - read *obvious tampering* with zero penalty from the league *read goody is a frigging jets fan* that pissed me off.

Are you saying Revis isn't still better than Ryan or Rowe? McCourty is easily the most over paid player in the NFL. Plus he makes ZERO plays.

ya........I'd much rather be paying Revis.....LMFAO

get the f*ck outta here with this slop

Shouldn't we thank Revis? He helped get us a ring, and then went and let the Jets **** up their cap situation by way overpaying him. He's done us a lot of good the last few years.

Seriously, in hindsight after 2014 going to the Jets for a boatload money is the best thing he could've done for us, short of going to a legitimate rival and wrecking their cap instead.

Man, last year the Jets new GM looked like he was making good use of the surplus Idzik left him (still think Idzik got a bum rap, his drafts were bad but he took them out of Tannenbaum cap hell and got fired as a reward) and their new HC looked like he was going to make a legit and respectable team out of them.

I'd feel bad if it wasn't the Jets.

Are you saying Revis isn't still better than Ryan or Rowe? McCourty is easily the most over paid player in the NFL. Plus he makes ZERO plays.

2 years past and you still have no clue how to evaluate a safety.

And also, no, Revis is not better than Ryan or Rowe especially once you take a look at what those players get paid. But sure lets pay him 17m.. no better way to spend that..

Darrelle Revis

Eric Rowe

Logan Ryan

One of these things is not like the other.

Yes, Revis is better than Rowe and Ryan. But he isn't better than Rowe, Ryan, McCourty, Martellus Bennett, and Chris Hogan combined. McCourty and Bennett are both better and more valuable than Revis by themselves.

I take great comfort in the fact one of the Jets' greatest ever players defected to the dark side to win his one and only Super Bowl.

Brady is 39, and another year is now wasted for him with this defense. What happens after he retires is a problem they can look at then.

Our offense is 7th in scoring in the NFL and our defense is 3rd. Sounds like the offense is the problem with this team.

Since 2004, Brady has thrown 25 picks in 22 playoff games and failed to score 20 points in seven of his nine losses. He has contributed to his "wasted" years.

This is true. But how much is it the lack of talent or other player injuries that couldn't perform. Like losing Deon Branch before the year started.. or when Gronk was playing on 1 leg.. Or when he had Reche Caldwell has his #1 receiver. Or when ****ing Welker dropped the ball in the SB.. Or in 2007 when is offensive line got completely destroyed in the Super Bowl.. Brady had a couple shaky performances but for the most part circumstances dictated them.

Revis got paid.. and suddenly got fat and happy. He got paid, I think he stopped working he should be still in his prime. He showed up to training camp out of shape.

Last edited:
I take great comfort in the fact one of the Jets' greatest ever players defected to the dark side to win his one and only Super Bowl.

And did so for "short" Revis $. Bill used him perfectly. One of the best one year rentals ever.

Tom Brady has played in 6 Super Bowls. In all of them he brought his team down the field in the to take the lead with less than 3:00 minutes left.

That is truly amazing.

And to think that Mikey Felger and his parrot spent 3 weeks ragging on Belichick for not offering Mevis a huge contract like the jets did, and saying that the Patriots penny-pinching ways would come back to haunt the team
Mazz also brought Ghost up saying BB overpaid for a kicker, a kicker Mike, would you rather have a kicker or the best corner in the game.

Last edited:
I have no hard feelings toward Revis. He played on our team for one year and helped us win our only super bowl in the past twelve years, and he represented us in the pro bowl. He earned his money that year, it was a happy 1 year marriage.

Mazz also brought Ghost up saying BB overpaid for a kicker, a kicker Mike, would you rather have a kicker or the the best corner in the game.
I see Mazz blah blah blah blah blah blah

cannot stomach Mazz

Well at least he has a ring. During his HOF acceptance speech he should thank the jets for trading him so that he could get a ring.

Its hilarious, he won his ring and then he fleeced the Jets and totally cashed it in.. he's earned stupid amounts of money in his career, he got his super bowl ring, now hes just cashing checks and trying not to mess his body up

A Revis that is paid as a top CB completely losing all motivation lol.... what a nightmare scenario for a team salary cap wise.. couldn't happen to a bigger piece of **** organization than the JESTS!

And to think that Mikey Felger and his parrot spent 3 weeks ragging on Belichick for not offering Mevis a huge contract like the jets did, and saying that the Patriots penny-pinching ways would come back to haunt the team

His ridiculous little 1 liner of "the cap is crap" is all you need to know about him. He thinks he's clever for having that one liner, when it makes him look like the biggest idiot alive..

Teams crumble and fall into nothing all the time from mismanaging the cap, but he seems to believe that the salary cap isn't real and you can give out max contracts to as many players as you want if you're creative enough with the money... That is simply an idiotic point of view that should cause people to laugh at him and never take anything he says seriously ever again..... yet, people still tune in and listen to what that clown has to say lol

it shouldn't amaze me as much as it does, but it does.. The salary cap is an insanely important and strategic part of a successful football organization, and he refers to it as "crap" and acts like he would be the greatest GM on the planet..

I'd love if we had a magical remote like the movie Click, to give some mouth breathing idiot like Felger the reigns of the Patriots for 1 full season and watch how badly he sends them into the abyss.. the same could be said for a handful of posters on this forum as well.. these people that have an attitude like they're the smartest ****ing thing walking on planet earth but if you actually turned the keys to the Lamberguini over to them, they would return it in worse shape than Jordan Belfort did in Wolf on Wall Street

Felger is one of those clowns to the 10th degree, but he's somehow found a way to make a very lucrative career out of it.. I mean, he couldn't sniff Brady or Belichick's ass in a strong wind and is a peasant by comparison, but he still thinks he's smarter and more important than they both are... and that's why I don't respect a lot of these TV and Radio personalities... because that is what they are, they're a "personality" on the air.. and I could never trust or respect anyone that makes a living by acting or behaving a certain way for attention and money... its just really, really weird in my opinion.. those types of people are SKETCH

He's a sellout, plain and simple.. he should not be taken seriously and if people just tuned his garbage off on the radio, then their ratings would drop and he would be replaced

I was absolutely fine with the Pats picking up Revis' ridiculous option. They were already on the hook for a 5 million cap charge. Once they did that, I'm guessing he would have been more open to renegotiate. Nobody wanted the Pats to sign him for more than a few years. BUT if you switched out Revis for McCourty last year, it would have been enough to put them over the top.

Wait wait wait... are you saying that if the Pats traded McCourty to the Jets for Revis last year, they would have won the Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes