PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis: "Because I'm old."

Status
Not open for further replies.

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Is this the worst secondary the Patriots will see this year, or Miami?

Well at least he has a ring. During his HOF acceptance speech he should thank the jets for trading him so that he could get a ring.

I know he's playing poorly overall, but in a 9-6 win, it doesn't sound like he was torched all day. Would love to see Hogan back this week and trying to stay on Revis Island.

I'm fine with everything he says (seems unusually honest for a football player) except for comparing his current high salary for his past body of work.

Because I'm old??? what a difference two years make Mevi$ took a Bricks truck reward to be the face of a franchise and now he's too old to live up to the $$$$ mercenary. Please Brady throw some go Routes of that B!tch!:mad:

And to think that Mikey Felger and his parrot spent 3 weeks ragging on Belichick for not offering Mevis a huge contract like the jets did, and saying that the Patriots penny-pinching ways would come back to haunt the team

And to think that Mikey Felger and his parrot spent 3 weeks ragging on Belichick for not offering Mevis a huge contract like the jets did, and saying that the Patriots penny-pinching ways would come back to haunt the team

I was absolutely fine with the Pats picking up Revis' ridiculous option. They were already on the hook for a 5 million cap charge. Once they did that, I'm guessing he would have been more open to renegotiate. Nobody wanted the Pats to sign him for more than a few years. BUT if you switched out Revis for McCourty last year, it would have been enough to put them over the top.

Brady is 39, and another year is now wasted for him with this defense. What happens after he retires is a problem they can look at then.

I know he's playing poorly overall, but in a 9-6 win, it doesn't sound like he was torched all day. Would love to see Hogan back this week and trying to stay on Revis Island.

Well, see for yourself...Britt had 109 yards...Revis wasn't "torched" necessarily...but clearly here you can see he's regressed dramatically since 2 years ago. Seems like he has no energy anymore. His mental capacity is still high but even that is wavering.

I was absolutely fine with the Pats picking up Revis' ridiculous option. They were already on the hook for a 5 million cap charge. Once they did that, I'm guessing he would have been more open to renegotiate. Nobody wanted the Pats to sign him for more than a few years. BUT if you switched out Revis for McCourty last year, it would have been enough to put them over the top.

Brady is 39, and another year is now wasted for him with this defense. What happens after he retires is a problem they can look at then.

u should stop watching now

Are you saying Revis isn't still better than Ryan or Rowe? McCourty is easily the most over paid player in the NFL. Plus he makes ZERO plays.
It's pretty clear that McCourty's job is to guard the entire back end of the field and make sure nobody gets by him for a long play. Other than the Seattle game (where I can't even remember whether McCourty got burned repeatedly, but nobody played well that night), he seems to be doing his job.

BUT if you switched out Revis for McCourty last year, it would have been enough to put them over the top.

Is Revis some kind of magical medicine man that can heal people by touching them? Would him being on the team had a butterfly effect that made Belichick start Andrews over Stork in the AFCC?

Revis is just 31-years-old and he was targeted by Case Keenum for a big day by Kenny Britt who had 109 receiving yards of the total 165 yards passing that Keenum had on the day. If Case Keenum exploits Revis as the weakest link, what will Brady do to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft