PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rest of our schedule pretty weak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reg season - TB's record at Pittsburgh

6-2

TB all time VS Pitt including playoffs all games:

11-3

back to back road games, dude. I have @ steelers down as a loss.
My Chrystal ball says we go 12-4 and get the 2 seed. Pitt goes 11-4-1 (that tie game against the Browns turns out to be huge).

I used to go to all our games when we were perennially losing. I go in thinking we would win every game and still think the same way since. Lots of people here thought we would lose to Chicago and Green Bay. That not the way to be supportive. Our group would talk about losing after we lost the game not before it.

I predicted before the kc game that if we won that game we are running the table. Sticking to that prediction. Defense is improving and Sony should be back sunday. Getting burk and a healthy gronk at some point would be icing on the cake, but honestly with edelman, gordon , white, michel offense has 4 studs already and even a hobbled gronk is enough to make it top flight.

I predicted before the kc game that if we won that game we are running the table. Sticking to that prediction. Defense is improving and Sony should be back sunday. Getting burk and a healthy gronk at some point would be icing on the cake, but honestly with edelman, gordon , white, michel offense has 4 studs already and even a hobbled gronk is enough to make it top flight.
Improving D needs to get a few good games in before I’m hopping on the 14-2 train with you. Having said that, here are a few guys who’ve gotten grief, yet have not been nearly as bad as some posters suggest : E Roberts & both McCourty boys... in fact, I think Jason becoming CB2 was a turning point of sorts. Gilmore has been the shining star so far. He and T Flowers are the top two on D IMO.

Improving D needs to get a few good games in before I’m hopping on the 14-2 train with you. Having said that, here are a few guys who’ve gotten grief, yet have not been nearly as bad as some posters suggest : E Roberts & both McCourty boys... in fact, I think Jason becoming CB2 was a turning point of sorts. Gilmore has been the shining star so far. He and T Flowers are the top two on D IMO.

My thinking is the d doesn’t have to be spectacular other than maybe the pitt game, and even then I could easily see brady outgunning ben if they suck that day. I don’t think its a weak schedule as the op states but i think it plays to our strengths seeing that theres really only one great offense left.

Let me guess. You give them 100% chance every week because "it's the Patriots" and anyone who thinks the probability is less (most of these predictions you quoted would still indicate a win for us!) is a "chicken little".
So instead you side with random odds by someone else. The idea that we have 40 percent chance to beat Pitt and a 60 percent chance to beat the titans... oh yeah that seems scientific since we almost never lose to either of those teams. I have no idea what the odds are but I don’t think you should **** on someone that disagrees with random numbers pulled out of the ether.

Not feeling it this year. The Steelers have enough firepower to hang with us.

But....Titans before the cart...

TB has 6 wins over them that were by 2 TDs or more
The narrative in Pittsburgh is that they were a Jesse James overturn away from Brady being 3-3 at Heinz in the regular season. Instead, we know that he’s at least 4-2. Let’s try and figure this out so that I don’t look like a dumbass at the barbershop :

Losses

Wins

Am I missing any?
Its 4. I counted a PO game as a RS game

My response was more about the "always tough" comment then the Pats chances this year in Pitt

We lost to the Lions so I’m not taking any upcoming opponent for granted.

Its 4. I counted a PO game as a RS game

My response was more about the "always tough" comment then the Pats chances this year in Pitt
Thanks. I couldn’t remember where ‘07 was played, but I had assumed that it was Foxborough.

If they can get the running game going—look out. This team would be on another level. Add in 100+ yard days for Michel (and/or splits with Burkhead) and we’d be rolling into the postseason.

I still don’t think the AFC is as weak as some believe, but it would go a long way towards controlling what they can control, and that would lead to scoring more points.

If they can get the running game going—look out. This team would be on another level. Add in 100+ yard days for Michel (and/or splits with Burkhead) and we’d be rolling into the postseason.

I still don’t think the AFC is as weak as some believe, but it would go a long way towards controlling what they can control, and that would lead to scoring more points.

Yep, and I don’t see any reason why it won’t get going. Michel’s last 3full games were essentially 100 yarders and the Chicago game was looking very promising to be 4 in a row- 20 some yards on the first 3 carries before his injury. And if bulkhead makes it back, even better

My traditional pick at the onset of every season is that this team will win 12 or 13 games, no reason to change it now.. predicting the future in a league that has so many variables is tough. Minnesota is now a domed team, does that make a difference(elements no longer are an issue)?? Roethlisberger had a "perfect" passer rating Thursday last, will that success make a difference?? The biggest variable will be the health of the players going forth... injuries are often an equalizer in the NFL season, aka the "Annual NFL War of Attrition".....

If we want home field throughout playoffs, Pats likely need to run the table. I don’t care how easy our schedule looks, that will be extremely difficult.
The easy label may be a bit generous, anyway. There are 7 games remaining, 3 of which are against playoff teams from last year who are all currently.500 or better, and two of the three are on the road. To take it one step further, they still have to play @Miami, too, and that’s never a gimme.

Roethlisberger had a "perfect" passer rating Thursday last, will that success make a difference??
No QB in the entire league has averaged more passing yards per game at home since ‘14 then Roethlisberger. I believe he was averaging 330 yards per game (at Heinz field) going into this last one on TNF.

The Vikings are virtually the best team in the NFCN. They are loaded for bear.

The Buffalo defense just gave Brady fits.

The Jets defense is top 10.

More than Pittsburgh stands in the way going forward.

Vikings are no joke. Steelers will be another shoot out. One of these Jets or Phins games will be tough. So 1 to 3 more losses imo.

No QB in the entire league has averaged more passing yards per game at home since ‘14 then Roethlisberger. I believe he was averaging 330 yards per game (at Heinz field) going into this last one on TNF.

The Steelers are settling into a groove on offense.

So instead you side with random odds by someone else. The idea that we have 40 percent chance to beat Pitt and a 60 percent chance to beat the titans... oh yeah that seems scientific since we almost never lose to either of those teams. I have no idea what the odds are but I don’t think you should **** on someone that disagrees with random numbers pulled out of the ether.

I don't think you understand probability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back